It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
(male)

Moe1984 HB User
Hiv window period !!

Hey guys , how u doing ?

I posted here be4 and sure that some of u saw my post but i'll tell u my story once again in a quick brief for those who didnt see it !

Im 28 straight male from the middle east , was in the states for awhile and had an exposure , condom failure " unlucky me "
Couple of days not sure exactly how long i started to get weird symptoms i'll list all of them
1 fever , and stomch pain and lots of gas
2 night sweat
3 lymph nods on the left side of my nick
4 small red dots in the tip of my tongue
5 loss of appetite
6 fitage
7 mouth ulcer
White coat on my tounge that can be removed and it comes back
8 muscles pain " my arms and my legs "
9 my throat is hurting me !
10 small tumer on my cheek and there like a white line on my cheek that i can feel with my tongue

Probably i missed something but u can say i got all the symptoms that related to HIV !!!

I wasnt even think about hiv be4 these symptoms so i think all these symptoms are not related to anxiety

The first think i though about is oral cancer as i smoke and have this small tumer inside my mouth so i went to a dentist and he mad an xray and said u have nothing to worry about !
Then i started to think about HIV , i went to walk in clinic and tested for hiv and that was after 6 weeks of my exposure hiv antibodies test oraquick oral swab and the result came back negative !
I was like flying from happiness for 2 weeks then i started to read more anout hiv and window period ! So i kept testing like crazy for a loooot of things and i'll list all of them here for u

1 6 weeks hiv 1/2 antibodies test oraquick oral swab that was in the states
2 8 weeks hiv antibodies test
3 10 weeks hiv antibodies test
4 12 weeks antibodies test
5 16 weeks antibodies test

They all came back negative
Ps from the second to the fifth test im not sure of the generation as it was in the middle east and im not sure what kind of tests or the generation they use !!!

I tested negative for
1 chlamydia
2 syphilis
3 gonorrhea
4 hep C
5 suger in blood and urine was fine
6 herpes hsv2 igm/igg
7 herpes hs1 igm

Tested positive for herpes hsv1 igg 36 out of 20

I made a complete blood pic and everything was fine except for
1 lymphocyts was 45 range from 20-40
2 monocyts was 8 range from 3-5

I made and MRI on my face as i said be4 it might be oral cancer and the MRI came back with everything is fine !

Tomorrow is my fifth month mark and i started to think about HIV again after 2 weeks of rest

I duno what to do ? This thing is pretty colse of destroying my life
I cant help it or stop thinking abou it

I didnt have chemo be4 , organ transplant and im not sure about my immise system but i beleive it a good one as the white blood cells in my complete blood pic was 5100 and the range from 4000 to 11000 , dont u think so ?

I teated negative for hiv at almost 4 months ? Is that enough or i need further tests as im thinking about having another one soon but im so scared of the result the idea of having hiv is killing me ! Its something that we cant even dare to talk about it here in the middle east

So in my case is it 3 or 6 months !

Please be honest and tell me what are my chances of being infected and tested negative at 4 months !!
I cant sleep and ur help will be higly appreciated
Keep in mind i duno which test the used from the second to the fifth test or what generation ! It might be the first or the second generation as its considered as a third world country

Thanks and sorry for talking so much
Waiting for ur help
Thanks again

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2012, 01:35 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Hiv window period !!

In short any test is taken at 3 months and after is conclusive. The only people who MAY need to test till 6 months are those having aggresive chemo, medication for a organ transplant or a long term IV drug user. As thats not the case her, with all your tests you are HIV negative - period.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 07-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
(male)

Moe1984 HB User

I though that but some how on the internet most the web sites recommend another test at 24 weeks mark ! Even though the test with third or forth generation ! I dun even know what kind of test they used for my blood sample .. And when i called the lap it seemed that the operators doesnt know as well ! And all these tests were in the same lap !!

So do u think i still dont need any further tests ?

Old 07-27-2012, 01:43 AM   #4
(male)

Moe1984 HB User

Hope u read the whole post with the lymphocyts and monocyts result !

Everything

Last edited by Moe1984; 07-27-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:53 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

You have tested conclusively negative for HIV, you do not have HIV. Buddy sometimes finding out what a medical condition is done through a process of elimination, when all else is eliminated whatever remains is the cause of somebodies problem. HIV has been unequivocally eliminated as the cause of your problem. If you keep focusing on HIV all you are doing is stopping this process. You should stop fixating on HIV and move on from it and work with you doctor to find out what, if anything, is really wrong with you. It is not HIV.

There is a sticky thread right at the top of the page explaining what can and cannot be offered here, please read it. You cannot be offered an online diagnosis, but you can be told you have not got HIV based on your conclusive negative results.

If you keep testing “like crazy” for something you do not have you are in real danger of getting a false positive, it happens, I have seen it happen. It is the last thing you want to happen to you, please stop testing for something you clearly have not got.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 07-27-2012 at 02:07 AM. Reason: added

Old 07-27-2012, 02:00 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe1984 View Post
Hope u read the whole post with the lymphocyts and monocyts result !

Everything
I read your tests are conclusive, you dont have hiv.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 07-27-2012, 02:09 AM   #7
(male)

Moe1984 HB User

Thank you guys , so u believe im hiv free according to my tests and no need for furthere tests , i was just asking for ur opinion as im going to test anyways , but it better to hear from u be4 testing u know its better to go and test with a high spirit rather than testing while expecting the worthiest

Thanks again , im not sure exactly when i'll test but i'll keep u posted

The following user gives a hug of support to Moe1984:
zerich (07-29-2012)
Old 07-27-2012, 02:28 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy you have already grossly over tested and pushed your luck. Your high spirits will soon be dashed if you get a false positive which is the only thing you are now in danger of. You do not need further testing, you have already tested conclusively negative. I have come across many people who disappear down the rabbit hole of over testing beyond the window period and doubting their conclusive results, I even come a across one guy who did so for over four years. It counts for nothing and achieves nothing other than to keep unwarranted HIV concerns going.

This is your call mate but if you wish to keep testing and testing you have now been made aware of what could possibly happen.

And buddy there is no point in posting up the results of further needless tests on any HIV forum because you have already posted up conclusive negative results.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 07-27-2012 at 02:34 AM.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:51 AM   #9
(male)

Moe1984 HB User

Thanks kevin and probably u r right about pushing my luck i like it lol i duno what to do man i just feel im lost and my life will be destroyed after a stupid night

Old 07-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
(male)

Moe1984 HB User

Sorry guys i couldnt help it i went today for hiv test antibodies antigen i'll get my result after 24 hrs , i'll keep u posted ....

Wish me luck , this is my 5th month mark im so scared

Could anyone tell me whats the difference between antibodies and antigen as this is my first time to hear at at the lab they tested me for both ! I always used to get antibodies only ! Thanks

Old 07-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #11
(male)

Moe1984 HB User

Sorry guys i couldnt help it i went today for hiv test antibodies antigen i'll get my result after 24 hrs , i'll keep u posted ....

Wish me luck , this is my 5th month mark im so scared

Could anyone tell me whats the difference between antibodies and antigen as this is my first time to hear at at the lab they tested me for both ! I always used to get antibodies only ! Thanks

Old 07-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Hi,

You are now needlessly over testing and the dangers of doing as have been explained to you. The test you have just taken, needlessly, is a duo test. It is a 4th generation HIV test and the most advanced available. It as the ability because it tests for the antigens (P24) that is present in the early stages of an HIV infection of detecting HIV earlier than 3rd generation HIV antibody tests. Other that there is no difference to the other tests you have taken that have returned conclusive negative results.

There is no need wish you luck or as you have already been advised, for you to post up the results of this test on this forum; you have already tested conclusively negative. Your inability to accept this does not alter medical science or HIV testing protocol. You do not have HIV, if you cannot accept this reality you should consider professional counselling for your anxiety and unwarranted fears.

Kevin.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #13
(male)

Moe1984 HB User

I hear u man but i swear im not worrying about my self , the idea i might be infected and gave it to my GF is killing me thats why i tested again

And believe it or not no matter what i'll stop testing if this one came back negative ..

I duno what to do if im positive !!

Its a desiese that no body talk about it in the States or Europe so what do u think about the middle east ! It'll be the end of our both lifes " me and my GF " if we r infected no more future !
I just love her so much and cant imagine that i gave it to her that why i tested this one ! This is the final test if it came back negative !!

I was so happy with my negative 4 months result but my high lymphocytes and monocytes in my complete blood count drove me crazy as i kept reading about it and everyone says its related to HIV . Is that right ?

Thanks again

Old 07-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

Cut out the drama and hysteria, you do not have HIV nor have you infected your girlfriend with something you have not got. Your irrational fears and unwarranted anxieties cannot be addressed online, nor are they going to be debated on this board.

Medical science does not change because of your hysteria and unwarranted fears; you have tested conclusively negative for HIV.

HIV obsession and anxiety threads are not allowed on this board, there are other boards here that could help with your anxiety and OCD but an HIV prevention board is not one of them. You really do not have an HIV concern other than the one you are fabricating in your head.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 07-28-2012 at 04:04 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
Moe1984 (07-28-2012)
Old 07-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #15
(male)

Moe1984 HB User

Thanks man for ur reply and hopefully u r right , i have nothing to do but wait till tomorrow and tell u what is the result

Thanks again And i'll not post anymore till tomorrow

Closed Thread