It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
(female)

livelife2dafull HB User
Sex with an HIV positive person

Hi. My ex boyfriend confessed he had Hiv after the first time we had sex. He said he had been on treatment for 9 years and is undetecable. A non latex condom was used but it wasn't sheep skin. I checked after and the condom didn't break. I am a health freak and I tested negative after 2 weeks of exposure. Now I have anxiety and I feel anxious all the time and I am experiencing a throat discomfort, chills, hot flashes. It was protected vaginal sex. Please help.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Sex with an HIV positive person

Hi,

It is not somebodies HIV status that puts anybody at a risk of an HIV infection it is the actions you take with that person that may put you at risk. As it is regardless of the fact that he has HIV and as a low viral count you were not at a risk of an HIV infection. Condoms, if used correctly, which yours was because it did not break offer 100% protection against an HIV infection.

Your ailments most certainly are not related to an HIV infection. Had you actually had a risk (which you did not) you would not get a meaningful result from any HIV test until at least four weeks post exposure.

Please relax you really were not at a risk of an HIV infection.

Kevin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

All HIV tests are conclusive at 3 months and have been since 2004. The only people that may be advised to test beyond the window period of 3 months is those that have had chemotherapy recently, been on anti-rejection drugs after an organ transplant, been long term IV street drug users or been on HIV prevention medication ( PEP).

The chances are NOT much lower with a condom, the chances of an HIV infection when a condom has been used correctly is zero.

@livelife2dafull, you were not at a risk of an HIV infection and have no reason to test out over this and you certianly do not need to test to 6 months.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 07-29-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: added.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

I agree with Kevin, although your scared, being scared does not increase a risk. Protected sex is just that protected, so if your condom has not failed you are not exposed to HIV.

Couples where onr partner has HIV the other negative, continue to have full and active sex lives with condoms as they have been proven over 20 years that HIV is not a risk when you use condoms. This is also backed up by the CDC and the WHO ( world health organisation )

Really your fine and dont need to test.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 07-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
(female)

livelife2dafull HB User

Thank you everyone! Ill try to relax.

Closed Thread