It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #1
(male)

R3gr3tful HB User
Protected (I think) Contact with Sex Worker

Hi all,

I'll try not to turn this into a fifty shades of grey wanna be...

Im a white man in Africa and have lots of chances to sleep with women (We have money, or thats what the ladies say to me) but ive held back due to fears of HIV.

Sadly, the demon drink got a better of me and I finally decided to take back a nice girl I had got chatting too. One thing led to another and we ended up in my room. (This was on Sat 29th)

She proceeded to 'pleasure' me by hand (No danger) and I her for her breasts she then asked me to put on a condom for oral. We then moved onto vaginal intercourse in numerous positions (With the same condom, im hoping this is still protected?) until on switching position the condom slipped down halfway, she asked me to switch to a new condom which I did, noticing no damage other than a stretching to the used condom (I guess stretching is okay in a condom?). We continued our 'love' making until its obvious conclusion and I quickly removed the condom that was now filled and again noticed no damage or leakage.

I disposed of the condoms and jumped onto the bed and went to sleep, when we woke (a couple hours later) she proceeded to 'pleasure' me by hand and her breasts (No danger?) and that reached its obvious conclusion.

Then....she asked for money! I nearly screamed out loud as the HIV rate here is bad for non sex workers.

Anyway, overall, I remember no blood on the first condom but cant confirm for the second, I saw no no obvious marks, leaks, warts etc on her and we didn't use lube. The condoms were mine and from europe.

So, do you think I was protected throughout? I do but would like others opinions. (Obviously I was drunk and cannot remember everything I did but I do remember being very nervous and unwilling to have vaginal sex and she did seem to want to use condoms).

I gone for STI tests to get a baseline to get a HIV test in 4 weeks followed by another at 12 weeks, these are all blood tests and provided for me.

Sorry for the long message and thanks for the comments

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
(male)

R3gr3tful HB User
Re: Protected (I think) Contact with Sex Worker

Also,

I would like to thank you for the advice on condoms and anxiety (In the stickies) as I was beginning to panic and create my own symptoms.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hiya, well although you maybe concered you had protected sex so that is no concern for hiv and it really is as simple as that.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
(male)

R3gr3tful HB User

Thanks Apollo it does, I was beginning to lose it today thinking about the if's and but's.

Im going to get the checks anyway for peace of mind as I was drunk and scared and I might have missed something when I patched my memories back together.

Great support you guys provide here, the other posts and stickies have really calmed and informed me, keep up the good work!

Old 08-01-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Im glad your calmer as really you had nothing to worry about. As you inspected the condoms its quiet clear they were fine or im sure you and her would have noticed as their would only be a ring left on your base of your penis, as that didnt happen i wouldnt give it another thought.

Thank you also for the comments. :-)

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
R3gr3tful (08-01-2012)
Old 08-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

most people who get infected did not get it from a sex worker.
remember to keep your guard up and use condoms
every time you have sex..

Old 08-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

Buddy short and simple; you were nowhere near a risk of an HIV infection regardless of where you are from or the HIV status of the women.

Do yourself a huge favour get off the HIV fear and anxiety bandwagon.

Drink and casual sex is not a great combination, please learn from this ok?

Kevin.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #8
(male)

R3gr3tful HB User

Hi Chaps,

Thanks for the replies!

smiteler, luckily I got in the habit of using condoms back in the UK so even if im drunk or been seeing someone for a while I tend to go into auto mode and use one. This can cause an issue as they then ask why I want to use a condom as they are clean, I normally make the reasoning along the lines that they or I dont know what I have so lets be safe.

kevin, thats the plan, last night was the best night sleep ive had in nearly a week, I didnt even need to listen to music to fall asleep. Ive never slept with a sex worker before so that is what likely scared me and started the 'mind symptoms'. Dont worry I have learnt my lesson from this silly and self-inflicted scare and will not be putting myself back into a similar situation.

Again, thanks for the replies and support, apollo, smiteler and kevin, you have helped ease my mind and I will remember your comments if the anxiety/fear wagon rolls into town.

Old 09-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #9
(male)

R3gr3tful HB User

Hi all,

Update - I had another blood test and surprise surprise it came back negative.

During the build up to this test I have had numerous aliments that 'could' have been attributed to HIV but after my last post I accepted that my risk was non-existent or very low (If I had missed something due to be drunk).

My advice to anyone on the forums is to try and let go of the fear (especially if you have a no risk event) and live life normally.

Anyway, my negative result will hopefully help those in a similar situation as to myself realise that they really are not at risk from HIV.

The Following User Says Thank You to R3gr3tful For This Useful Post:
Apollo123 (09-16-2012)
Old 09-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

Indeed wise words and im glad you found the peace of mind you needed.

Take care.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3gr3tful View Post
Hi all,

Update - I had another blood test and surprise surprise it came back negative.

During the build up to this test I have had numerous aliments that 'could' have been attributed to HIV but after my last post I accepted that my risk was non-existent or very low (If I had missed something due to be drunk).

My advice to anyone on the forums is to try and let go of the fear (especially if you have a no risk event) and live life normally.

Anyway, my negative result will hopefully help those in a similar situation as to myself realise that they really are not at risk from HIV.
Thank you for posting that.....it really does help others see that people have gone through similar anxiety and now have a better grasp on true HIV risks.

Closed Thread