It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #1
(male)

tomr234 HB User
Oral w/ fingering - hiv risk?

Hello all,

I've read many many posts on this forum as well as many others, alot of the information has been helpful and a lot has made me worry even more. Heck I would have probably been better off not googling every possible symptoms I have that could be ARS or HIV.

I do need some reassurance though, hence why I am here.

12 weeks ago I gave oral sex to a female (I am a male) while also fingering her. I had a small cut on my finger (near where the nail goes into the skin) anyhow I have no idea her status, nor her name or phone to contact her. At 3 weeks I had an hiv test, I'm pretty sure it was a PCR RNA test but not completely sure. It was NEG, during that time I was experiencing major pain in my joints, specifically my ankles, wrists too, but I've had that most of my life. I also had some stomach problems, but ive been recently diagnoised with acid reflux and stress wasnt helping im sure. Also muscle aches in general, but again that could be stress too. After I got the results back the symptoms subsided, literally a day or so after. Everything was fine until I started thinking about it again, then the joint pain came back, got tested again at 8 weeks, same kind of test, PCR RNA I think, NEG again. Symptoms subsided within a day or two.

I am now at 12 weeks post and I am again having these joint pains, and quite frankly I am worried sick that its ARS as I've never had this kind of joint pain before. But if it was wouldnt that have triggered a positive result, and do ARS symptoms come and go?

I certainly hope that its something else that's causing the joint paint and/or just the stress I have been having the last 12 weeks, and its been significant.

I'll be making another appt for an hiv test here in a couple days. Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated. Sorry for the long post

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Oral w/ fingering - hiv risk?

expect negative results on any hiv test.
simply put
what you did never put you at any risk for hiv.
you will be fine!
good luck

Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Tom you were NEVER at risk of HIV from this. HIV is only passed on via unprotected sex, mother to child or sharing IV needles. Your tests have proved this already and you do not need to test further. Really you should have been told at the time you didnt need to test and you have wasted 12 weeks of your life on this, so please dont waste another minute.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Apollo123; 08-02-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Read the top sticky thread of this forum. HIV is never diagnosed by a litany of symptoms. You could not have been exposed to HIV, therefore your symptoms have nothing to do with a virus that you could not have been exposed to. Collect your inevitable negative result and move on with your life.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
(male)

tomr234 HB User

Ok thanks, that helps...a bit. It wasnt a rna test it was just a Rapid antibody test (whatever that means) but it was still done in a lab and it took a day for the results. Should I be worried that it isnt a newer generation test and it can't detect at 8 weeks?

I know oral is a very very low risk, but even with fingering with a cut finger? If it was just oral I would have moved on, hell probably not have even tested, but the finger thing is what is bothering the heck outta me.

Thanks.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Nobody in the world has ever been infected through oral sex or fingering with a cut on their finger. You simply did not have any risk for HIV infection whatsoever and your test confirmed that.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
(male)

tomr234 HB User

Just wanted to thank everyone for their insight and expertise. My 12 week results came in this morning and as everyone expected it was negative.

I also wanted to say to anyone that may be reading these posts, worrying like I did about..well just anything and everything that you really need to take a breath. I slept about one hour last night, body ached, joints hurt, headache, bruised easily, etc etc... I was fully expecting my results to come out positive, even though I knew in my mind that the risk was extremely low and I had an 8 week test that was NEG. Nearly all of my "symptoms" have gone away now, just some after affects of all the stress remain, but I have no doubt they will be gone as well. Your mind is amazing powerful, and I know first hand that you can make yourself sick stressing out. The last couple months have been so stressful, and why? It isn't worth it, even with a sizable risk, worrying about it isn't going to help you at all. Stop googleing every supposed symptom and go and get tested, that's it.

So many times I wished I could go back and not make that stupid mistake that I did, but one good thing did come from it, that it scared the crap out of me and I now know a whole hell of a lot more about hiv than I did before, certainly more than I learned in school.

I certainly hope anyone reading this post or the many many other posts from experts, such as the ones who replied to me (thanks again!), will try to relax a bit, though I suspect most won't; I didn't.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

It is amazing what anxiety can do to us. I've been there a few times, even after knowing the facts on HIV. Its human nature.

It cannot be said enough.....symptoms mean absolutely nothing at all. No matter the level of risk, only HIV blood/rapid tests can diagnose HIV. Any website or google search that says otherwise is dead wrong. Any doctor who takes symptoms as any indication of HIV infection is ignorant and should be avoided. Wait 4-6 weeks for any modern test for a very good indication of status, 90 days/12 weeks/3 months for 100% conclusive results.

Thank you for posting, congrats on your negative result. As expected as it may have been, still good news. Others do read this forum and are helped by posts like yours.

Closed Thread