It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
(male)

anxiousbob HB User
Red face Common HIV fears, breastmilk/vaginal fluid/ARS

This is my first post.

Sites like yours are a godsend for anxious people like me, and help us understand hiv transmission/prevention.

1. I have read in your posts that a 10 week ELISA negative is very conclusive. That is a relief. My exposure was possible breastmilk/sweat. On licking breasts i got a soury taste.
If it was breastmilk, and a few drops of it were tasted, considering it is infected, how magnified is the risk in an adult who has gums bleeding sometimes, only on brushing and grinding teeth that gives that funny feeling in the gums(with maybe slight bleeding)? ofcourse the test is negative but just for information.

2. This incident is a week prior to the test. After protected 5 min vaginal sex, condom is removed by the girl with tissues, no contact. She then after 2 mins, takes a bath and cleans her vagina with water (and maybe soap) and then showers my penis with water and uses same hand to clean it.
Point is the penis head is still covered with sperm and also there is sperm inside the urethra. Considering that she still has vaginal fluids on her hand (from cleaning her vagina) within 10 secs she touches your sperm covered penis head, what is the risk of infection?

3. Risk of infection regarding fingering a dry vagina for 30secs at max, with an old deep cut. no bleeding no redness no pain(else i wouldnt have done it)

4. Are ARS symptoms possible after 8 weeks/58 days? i had diarrhea for 12 days after i took some antibiotics (3 day course supposedly to cure a month long sore throat which it turned out, i didnt have). I dont really believe the symptoms. I have a long history of weak stomach. It is the risk that determines the infection not symptoms, but for general information. Also during seroconversion will antibiotics aggravate infection and cause problems like the aforementioned 10-12 day diarrhea? 3 times in the morning 1 in the afternoon and 1 in the evening /abdominal pain. Ofcourse alcohol, spicy food were often during this period. It went on its own.

Could you also please educate me on the difference between vaginal sex and vaginal fluids coming in contact with sperm covered penis regarding a hiv infection.
Some sites say 2 fluids must come into contact.
Some sites say vaginal fluid should enter urethra and infect soft membrane walls.
One post on this site says, friction during sex causes blood to blood infection.
However with lub that will not be the case.

Can HIV infected vaginal fluid transmit HIV via contact with sperm covered penis. Theres is also sperm inside the urethra. Can the HIV be transmitted this way all the way upto the source/membrane walls through this sperm?
Ofcourse in my case it is outside the body but for hardly 10secs.

I am not good at biology
I will get a test done after 13 weeks of this incident which is a few days from now. However you can help me calm down my anxiety.
Plz take some time to answer my query.
Thanking you in advance.
Bob

Pls note: All girls mentioned here are sex workers, who are tested monthly for all STDs, by their agency. But the highly infective window period between two tests is quite scary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Common HIV fears, breastmilk/vaginal fluid/ARS

You were never at risk from what you have posted. Breast feeding is only a risk from babies who drink a lot of milk and even that is very rare indeed. Your test week test proves this with a negative result. Also any symptoms you had are not hiv realted or you woukd have tested postive.

As long as you continue to use condoms for sex you will have nothing to worry about. hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

HIV is very simple to understand, it is transmitted within the confines of the human body (when an unprotected penis is inside an anus or vagina). This is the only place that HIV remains infectious and will pose a risk of an infection to an adult. Use condoms when you engage in vaginal or anal sex and you will have no worries from HIV.

You were not at risk of an HIV infection.

Kevin.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:37 AM   #4
(male)

anxiousbob HB User
Unhappy Re: Common HIV fears, breastmilk/vaginal fluid/ARS

Thanks apollo for clarifying on the breast milk incident.

Kevin, so hiv infection takes place inside the body. Is it
through contact of the two fluids or
entering of infecting fluids in the urethra.

Apollo, the diarrhea/abdominal pain happened 8 weeks after incident 2, on taking antibiotics.
Can ARS take place even after 8 weeks?
I did not get the test done for this incident.
The 10 week test was after breastmilk incident.
It was only 1 week after the sperm covered penis touching possible vaginal fluids on a hand.

I understand both the situations were not hiv risk situation, i hope so and will get a confirmatory test done. Just that a bit more clarification will be appreciated...
thanks in advance

Old 08-06-2012, 04:03 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiousbob View Post
Thanks apollo for clarifying on the breast milk incident.

Kevin, so hiv infection takes place inside the body. Is it
through contact of the two fluids or
entering of infecting fluids in the urethra.

Apollo, the diarrhea/abdominal pain happened 8 weeks after incident 2, on taking antibiotics.
Can ARS take place even after 8 weeks?
Ars takes place on a average of 22 days, but 6 weeks is really the upper limit. Also dose not have any particular specific symtpoms as they are common to 100's of more common conditions
I did not get the test done for this incident.
You didnt have a risk on either case, so not a problem.
The 10 week test was after breastmilk incident.
It was only 1 week after the sperm covered penis touching possible vaginal fluids on a hand.
HIV cannot survive outside the host, so the fluids would not be a concern, not to mention you would need a lot more fluids than just a "wipe" The fact she was in the shower would certainly ensure you were not at risk as the fluids would have no change of retaining a active Virus.

I understand both the situations were not hiv risk situation, i hope so and will get a confirmatory test done. Just that a bit more clarification will be appreciated...
If you understand they are not a risk, then you wont need to test again, but of course the choise is yours
thanks in advance

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #6
(male)

anxiousbob HB User

How accurate will a 4 week elisa anitbody test be?
also a complete blood work up, wbc check ...

Old 08-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You don't need an HIV test. For you to take an HIV test would be a waste of medical resources. You need an HIV test about as much as you need a pregnancy test. There is not point in you taking an HIV test. Don't spend money on a test that you don't need. Accept the fact that logically, you could not have been exposed to HIV, and your emotional need to test will diminish.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
anxiousbob (08-07-2012)
Old 08-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
How accurate will a 4 week elisa anitbody test be?
also a complete blood work up, wbc check ...
Their is little point asking for advice and then not replying to a post but only with another question which has no bearing to the thread. Im not going to convince you not to test, its your time and money your wasting. We can only offer advice, so you either take it or leave it.
As such this will be my last post.

You dont need to test but if you choose to do so then only a 3 month test is valid.

Last edited by Apollo123; 08-07-2012 at 07:09 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
anxiousbob (08-07-2012)
Old 08-07-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
(male)

anxiousbob HB User
Unhappy Re: Common HIV fears, breastmilk/vaginal fluid/ARS

Thanks for the reply joggen... I hope you read my first very long post complete...
Such confidence in your reply is really encouraging...
Just that, i also received unprotected oral sex. But never mentioned it as i have read it everywhere no1 has got it in 30yrs of research...

I have already taken the elisa anitbody test before as i mentioned in my first post and also the complete blood test wbc count, rbc count, platelets etc etc.. thorough blood examination that tests for daibetes,anemia etc etc...All STD check...
Result: all normal, negative
spent a lot of money on it... but it was for my anxiety..(also a good complete health checkup,

This test (the one mentioned above) was after 3 incidents:
10 weeks after incident 1 - protected vaginal sex + unprotected fellatio + breastmilk incident

4 weeks after incident 2 - unprotected fellatio

1 week after incident 3 - protected vaginal sex + unprotected fellatio + fingering ( old deep finger cut -no open wound no blood no dried blood no blister, no pain, but skin was not healed, was broken skin ) + sperm covered penis touching vaginal fluid on hand.
In this incident ,I had mild sweat rash on my pelvis region, during sex this rash might have been exposed to vaginal fluids.... This rash was only in the inner thigh region, below the scrotum - no swelling,blister,blood,cuts - just white dry flaky skin, the kind you develop in hot climate, when you sweat a lot, not itchy, if scratched, skin becomes red, probably fungal, no culture though, i dunno what.... I am South Asian, brown skin, hairy...lol.. I have had it before, goes away and then hot months again. ..... not anymore since i am more carefull these days, lotions and powder and etc etc....
None of the girls seem to have noticed it before sex, when they bathe your genitals... anyway still it was a rash, which you cant see if its wet...

As you can see my biggest worry is incident 3.
It was only after incident 3 when i accidentally checked up some hiv and transmission and symptoms page, and saw so many worried people...

I will take the 2nd test after a few days, which will make it 18 weeks post incident 3. Would have loved to do it today, but i have important work to attend to for a few days.

I really appreciate your confidence.... It is very reassuring. My mind is fragile... Some questions arise from nowhere, and i feel obliged to ask...
I am sorry for repeating myself... I do not intend to waste your time...

Last edited by anxiousbob; 08-07-2012 at 07:52 AM. Reason: making it more easy to understand..

Old 08-07-2012, 07:36 AM   #10
(male)

anxiousbob HB User
Talking Re: Common HIV fears, breastmilk/vaginal fluid/ARS

Apollo, I am sorry for not replying to your post earlier...
I am sure you get more important posts everyday, more people in search of reassurance... You all are doing incredible work...
I have a fragile mind, and an answer to my stupid queries really help me sleep well...
I am sorry for the constant trouble...

Thanks as always...
Bob

Old 08-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Apollo, I am sorry for not replying to your post earlier...
I am sure you get more important posts everyday, more people in search of reassurance... You all are doing incredible work...
I have a fragile mind, and an answer to my stupid queries really help me sleep well...
I am sorry for the constant trouble...

Thanks as always...
Bob
Bob your not in trouble , im not mod or admin to give such warnings.I just want you to stop worrying because its such a waste of time and im sure you want to get over this and just move on with your life mate. Trust us, if you had any chance of HIV we would never hesitate in tell you.

Closed Thread