It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
(male)

ianM HB User
swollen lymph nodes

Hi. Its me again... although u said i had almost like no exposure to hiv, but today its the 32 days post exposure.. and my lymph node to swell again.. i just want to ask. In my case am i really safe and what do u guys meant by proper usage of condom? During the intercourse , my condom is neither leaked nor slipped off. But the swollen lymph node causes the fear to arise again.
My lymph nodes are swollen twice in a month time.

P/s: i just had my blood test done today and will be receiving the results on this friday?
I just want to know, am i really protected? Will my result come out as negative?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: swollen lymph nodes

Ian were you told zero risk not a low risk as you imply. A condom thar covers the penis head means your fully protected, as that was the case with you, you then have no risk.

Really its that simple and let just add its so unlikley the other person even has HIV in the first place anyway?

If their was any chance you were exposed to as risk, we would have said so.

Hope that helps.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Swollen lymph nodes are not diagnostic of HIV infection and HIV infection is not a concern for you, since you could not have been exposed. Stop feeling your lymph nodes and get back to your life.

Old 08-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
(male)

ianM HB User

I m diagnosed with herpes. Hsv 1 and 2.. thats why im worried. I want to ask. How accurate is elisa? On fourth week...

Old 08-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Read your threads, you were not at risk. If as it seems your going to test anyway, then test at 3 months for a conclusive result. Many people have HSV, but that will not effect your non risk exposure.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-09-2012, 01:02 AM   #6
(male)

ianM HB User

Contracting herpes is totally unexpected as i dont have any outbreaks at all. thats what making me worry now.. my elisa test for both hiv 1 and hiv 2 is non reactive, which means negative for now. So i want to ask, its that accurate? from the same girl, i contracted hsv 1 and hsv 2.. so, this make me worry...

Old 08-09-2012, 01:12 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Of course its accurate, you had protected sex, so no risk of HIV. That said you can still get herpes from protected sex although You could have had that for many years and infact many people have that without knowing about it.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
(male)

ianM HB User

on my herpes case, some docs commented that i wont be exposed to hsv-2, yet i contracted both. hsv 1 and hsv 2, so, how sure are you that im not exposed to hiv?? im sorry for being paranoid on this. but the fear is still here, my doctor said, elisa hiv type 1 and 2 are not that accurate for post 4 weeks exposure.. its better on 6th week.. so, am i really safe from hiv?

Old 08-09-2012, 10:32 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

HSV-1 isn't an STD- half the world has it- and HSV-2 has a completely different transmission mechanism than HIV. And your lack of risk means the test will be accurate for you regardless of when you take it- there is only one outcome for you and that is negative.

Last edited by joggen; 08-09-2012 at 10:33 PM.

Old 08-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #10
(male)

ianM HB User

@apollo123 im sorry, despite had been provided with information by u guys, but the fear is still around. this is due to my doctor, who told me that despite wearing condom, the risk of transmission is there. and she told me that elisa at 4th week is not that accurate.. should i believe her?? and get another test at 6th week? contracting hsv had already caused alot fear in me...

Old 08-10-2012, 12:58 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Your doctor has no clue about HIV transmission.

Old 08-10-2012, 01:22 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmook View Post
@apollo123 im sorry, despite had been provided with information by u guys, but the fear is still around. this is due to my doctor, who told me that despite wearing condom, the risk of transmission is there. and she told me that elisa at 4th week is not that accurate.. should i believe her?? and get another test at 6th week? contracting hsv had already caused alot fear in me...
Hi,

You have either misheard or misunderstood what the doctor said to you because no doctor who knows anything about HIV would ever say this. You were nowhere near a risk of an HIV transmission.

You have no need to even test over this let alone worry yourself sick over it. It is now you call as to what you decided to do. If you wish to continue to needlessly worrying and needlessly testing from this incident then by all means do so. Any HIV test, regardless of when you take it will inevitably be negative.

Kevin.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 09-05-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Closed Thread