It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #1
(male)

bobwerid HB User
Anxiety over HIV.

Hye guys.

I guess, I'm having a very bad anxiety and OCD over HIV. but just need reassurance from you guys.

1. On last May, I went to Bangkok and went to massage place. In there, the masseur have done handjob to me and I was rubbing her nipple and breast. I believe this is non-risk act. Isn't it?

2. in the same trip above, I was assigned to be in the same room with my colleague which is gay. I was very afraid and worried if let say he did something like anal raping me while i was asleep. and i did some research, they said that it is impossible that i will get rape but stay asleep. every morning when i woke up, i was never feel any discomfort on my anus. which comfirming that nothing was done to me by him.

a week after the trip, i was done the rapid test and it showed up negative.

3. I have another worries, which is getting stabbed by a syringe in the bus. almost everyday, i go to my workplace by bus. and almost everytime i will get sleep in the way to the office which took almost 2 hours. so i am very worried that what if some people or some lunatics gets into the bus and stabbed me with the syringe. if this does happen, is it really risky to me?

4. last week, i was getting my hair cut done. and the barber was a bit rough while shaving me. i've got cut and bleed from that. and i believe that he havnt change the razor and most probably he was use the razor that he used before to other customer. is this a risk or non-risk? I'm afraid if the person before me was a hiv+ person and he also got cut by the same barber.

So, do i really need to get tested from all above worries? or should i let it go. I will get married in next two months. i really worried if i give her something bad.

I know most of the things that i worries is my anxiety over hiv. so lets say if you guys say that none of the above carry a risk of hiv, should i conclude that so long i dont do IV drug sharing, or do unprotected sex, i will free from HIV? and no need to do any testing?

thanks.
Bob.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Anxiety over HIV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwerid View Post
Hye guys.

I guess, I'm having a very bad anxiety and OCD over HIV. but just need reassurance from you guys.

1. On last May, I went to Bangkok and went to massage place. In there, the masseur have done handjob to me and I was rubbing her nipple and breast. I believe this is non-risk act. Isn't it?

Hi Bob, yes your correct, zero risk.

2. in the same trip above, I was assigned to be in the same room with my colleague which is gay. I was very afraid and worried if let say he did something like anal raping me while i was asleep. and i did some research, they said that it is impossible that i will get rape but stay asleep. every morning when i woke up, i was never feel any discomfort on my anus. which comfirming that nothing was done to me by him.

Complete Paranoia, why would he rape you? Even if you did, you would know.

a week after the trip, i was done the rapid test and it showed up negative.

3. I have another worries, which is getting stabbed by a syringe in the bus. almost everyday, i go to my workplace by bus. and almost everytime i will get sleep in the way to the office which took almost 2 hours. so i am very worried that what if some people or some lunatics gets into the bus and stabbed me with the syringe. if this does happen, is it really risky to me?

I use needles for work and if you were stabbed you would know, they really hurt. Dont belive me try it. Again OCD and parnoia here.

4. last week, i was getting my hair cut done. and the barber was a bit rough while shaving me. i've got cut and bleed from that. and i believe that he havnt change the razor and most probably he was use the razor that he used before to other customer. is this a risk or non-risk? I'm afraid if the person before me was a hiv+ person and he also got cut by the same barber.

Zero risk, he would change the razors, they cost pence, but even if he didnt you would not be at risk as HIV cannot survive outside the body so the virus would have died, again parnoia bob.

So, do i really need to get tested from all above worries? or should i let it go. I will get married in next two months. i really worried if i give her something bad.

You dont need to test at all, but you should get some help with your phobia of HIV and for your OCD to. Healthboards has a OCD forum and you could post in their to get some advice and support from members who are better equiped of dealing with mental health conditions.

I know most of the things that i worries is my anxiety over hiv. so lets say if you guys say that none of the above carry a risk of hiv, should i conclude that so long i dont do IV drug sharing, or do unprotected sex, i will free from HIV? and no need to do any testing?

The risks that you have mentioned did not pose any risk to your self. Hope that helps

thanks.
Bob.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
bobwerid (08-09-2012)
Old 08-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

HIV is transmitted through unprotected vaginal or anal sex, sharing IV drug works, and mother to infant. If you don't fall into those categories then you have no logical basis for being concerned about HIV.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
bobwerid (08-09-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 08:36 AM   #4
(male)

bobwerid HB User

Quote:

I use needles for work and if you were stabbed you would know, they really hurt. Dont belive me try it. Again OCD and parnoia here.
I know this is more to paranoid. but what is the odd if the things does occur, say some people draw their blood, and straight away inject or poke other people. what are the odds of transmitting hiv that way. I've read that even in the healthcare settings, the odds also quite low. why is that ya.

I just really worried of these things. i know it's OCD. but i just cant let it go. everyday, whenever i take a bus, i will feel worried and yet, i still fall asleep. and whenever i woke up, the worries even worse and i will check if there's a poke or stabbed mark at my arms/body.

Quote:
HIV is transmitted through unprotected vaginal or anal sex, sharing IV drug works, and mother to infant. If you don't fall into those categories then you have no logical basis for being concerned about HIV.
I always said that in my mind whenever these worries comes in. but it always failed to reassure me.

by the way, thanks for the reply guys. appreciated it much.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:07 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
I know this is more to paranoid. but what is the odd if the things does occur, say some people draw their blood, and straight away inject or poke other people. what are the odds of transmitting hiv that way. I've read that even in the healthcare settings, the odds also quite low. why is that ya.

Why would anyone do that, infact when has anyone done that?. You need help from somone who deals with OCD, either from a forum here on health boards or i belive and this is the best option for you, go see a physiatrist. Their is nothing else we can do you for you on this forum, so please please get the help you so clearly need.

Best of luck

I just really worried of these things. i know it's OCD. but i just cant let it go. everyday, whenever i take a bus, i will feel worried and yet, i still fall asleep. and whenever i woke up, the worries even worse and i will check if there's a poke or stabbed mark at my arms/body.

I always said that in my mind whenever these worries comes in. but it always failed to reassure me.

by the way, thanks for the reply guys. appreciated it much.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:

Hi,

Buddy your focus should be on addressing your irrational and paranoid thoughts. HIV is not spread by people carrying around syringes full of HIV infected fluids just waiting to infect the nearest person they sit next to on a bus. Even thinking this way is so irrational it indicates you have other deep routed issues than cannot be addressed online. I advise you seek professional counselling for your OCD and phobias; sorry they cannot be addressed here.

Kevin.

Closed Thread