It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #1
(female)

Talk145 HB User
Help... HIV, I need answers for HIV!

So 2weeks before the end of March I got a cold and it was off and on. The on the last day March 31 I went on a date with my boyfriend and we tried to take have sex but I was a virgin and it didn't work out, so he gave me oral and it was never the other way around. So after that I had been sick(cold, cough, fever, chills) for like 3 weeks and I went to the doctors (April between 8-15) and I got some really STRONG(for treating bacterial infections and I took it twice a day for 2 weeks) medicine(didn't work) and even did breathing machine (blew medicine) thing because it was hard for me to breath. It was like I was constantly running, when I was just trying to breath and the machine NEVER worked. I then began taking NyQuil since going to the doctor and the copay was expensive. I was also very tired for the weeks I was sick and I could sleep all day. I also noticed that when I went to school my backpack was heavy because of my laptop so when it pulled down as if it was pulling me backwards, I would walk a few steps and the awkward compression would make my chest hurt.

I am a sophomore in college, who rushed to grow up and he is the only one I have slept with EVER, but I know was cheating on me

So my boyfriend and I did have sex (May 11) and I noticed when he put the condom on he put in on the wrong way then he flipped it inside out and put it on the right way(still the same condom). We did it 2 more times and he had the condom on the wrong way again because we were trying to rush so I could go home.

So I occasionally get kind of sick but it is like I'm just hot and my throat could hurt for 2 days then go away(with out medicine). But I had the cough for almost 2 months. I asked if he got tested before and he said he did and I asked him to show me the results but I never saw them. So I panicked and in August I went to Walgreen's and got the HOME ACCESS EXPRESS HIV KIT and I took the test and the test came out NEGATIVE. I thought that enough time elapsed for me to take the test because I counted it from the March 31 when we tried to have sex.

Towards the end of July my forehead broke out in pimples and they have been there for a while, but some have gone away and my acne wash that I use is not working, so I want to try other kinds. I don't know if I have them because I sweat a lot or because I have something.

So it is August 9 now and I shaved my armpits on like August 1, and I don't think I cut myself. So I noticed a swollen lump under my right armpit and I thought it was because I shaved and put in Deo immediately, but the lump has been there for 5-6 days now and It doesn't hurt or grown in size and I am freaking out!

Please Help me!

I know I am even at a higher risk because I met the person at downtown Atlanta.

Could my book bag and the previous cold form March cause chest pain and severe cough when my shoulders were pulled back? Could I have been more susceptible to something airborne?
I also take public transportation everyday, so could I have gotten something the 2 weeks of March?
Can I get HIV from pre-semen?
Can I get HIV from receiving oral?
Should I take another Home test again or go to a clinic?
If I am positive will my health insurance go up?

Someone please help me!

Last edited by Talk145; 08-09-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2012, 01:09 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Help...HIV, I need answers for HIV!

Well its quite clear you had protected sex, so you are not at risk from HIv from that. Changing the condom around will also not put you at risk as its unlikley their was any seaman and if it was it would not survive the air or the chemicals on the condom. HIV is a very fradgile virus. That said its very very unlikley your partner would have HIV anyway.
Also, oral sex either way is not a risk of HIV.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The following user gives a hug of support to Apollo123:
Talk145 (08-11-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
Talk145 (08-13-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

HIV is much more difficult to catch as you're imagining it to be. The virus is very fragile and needs the conditions inside the human body to transmit from one person to another. There are far more common and transmissible viruses that can make you sick, and they don't care whether you recently had sex or not. You'll never have an HIV concern unless you have unprotected vaginal or anal penetrative sex, or share needles with IV drug abusers.

The following user gives a hug of support to joggen:
Talk145 (08-11-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
Talk145 (08-13-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Help... HIV, I need answers for HIV!

Hi,

Regardless of where you live you were not a risk of an HIV infection. If you are so concerned and you have no reason to be, you could simply go to a walk in clinic and have a rapid test. The results will be available in 15 minutes and will inevitably be negative.

Kevin.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
Talk145 (08-13-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #5
(female)

Talk145 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Well its quite clear you had protected sex, so you are not at risk from HIv from that. Changing the condom around will also not put you at risk as its unlikley their was any seaman and if it was it would not survive the air or the chemicals on the condom. HIV is a very fradgile virus. That said its very very unlikley your partner would have HIV anyway.
Also, oral sex either way is not a risk of HIV.

Hope that helps

Thank you for your help Apollo123;5036547

So if I don't have HIV do you have an assumption or a guess as to why I got so sick? I have never felt so bad and slept for hours like that when I get a cold. If this helps my doctor put me on a two week supply of Azithromycin(6 pills, 2xs a day) but that didn't work so they gave me cefuroxime( 2x a day) for two weeks and that didn't work. So ever since then up and til today I get a sour throat and couch for 2-5 days and then it just goes away. So if you have any guesses or suggestions please let me know.

Thank you

Old 08-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
(female)

Talk145 HB User

Thank you for your help Apollo123;5036547

So if I don't have HIV do you have an assumption or a guess as to why I got so sick? I have never felt so bad and slept for hours like that when I get a cold. If this helps my doctor put me on a two week supply of Azithromycin(6 pills, 2xs a day) but that didn't work so they gave me cefuroxime( 2x a day) for two weeks and that didn't work. So ever since then up and til today I get a sour throat and couch for 2-5 days and then it just goes away. So if you have any guesses or suggestions please let me know.

Thank you

Old 08-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
(female)

Talk145 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
HIV is much more difficult to catch as you're imagining it to be. The virus is very fragile and needs the conditions inside the human body to transmit from one person to another. There are far more common and transmissible viruses that can make you sick, and they don't care whether you recently had sex or not. You'll never have an HIV concern unless you have unprotected vaginal or anal penetrative sex, or share needles with IV drug abusers.
Thank you for your help joggen;5036788

I have never used drugs or had unprotected sex but is ther a chance I could have gotten something from him? So if I don't have HIV do you have an assumption or a guess as to why I got so sick? I have never felt so bad and slept for hours like that when I get a cold. If this helps my doctor put me on a two week supply of Azithromycin(6 pills, 2xs a day) but that didn't work so they gave me cefuroxime( 2x a day) for two weeks and that didn't work. So ever since then up and til today I get a sour throat and couch for 2-5 days and then it just goes away. So if you have any guesses or suggestions please let me know.

Thank you

Old 08-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Help... HIV, I need answers for HIV!

nobody can diagnose you over the internet
your best bet is to see a doctor
as it could be one of many different things.

one thing you can do is eliminate hiv because it is well
known the ways you get infected
and from what you discribed
you did not leave the door open to be infected from hiv
so we know you are safe from it.
good luck

The following user gives a hug of support to smiteler:
Talk145 (08-16-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
Talk145 (08-16-2012)
Closed Thread