It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #1
(male)

nervousinUT HB User
In need of reassurance

Okay, I was stupid and curious and went to one of those "massage places". After the worst massage of my life the therapist asked if I would like "anything else". I gestured to a tip I had already left out. It must have been too much because it resulted in her gently, but directly, rubbing our genitals together. (no penetration even remotely occurred)

This was more then I wanted, I asked her to stop after no more then 5 seconds, and we went our separate unhappy ways. I was only slightly worried about STD's until 26 days later when I developed a sore throat and swollen lymphnodes. NO fever, no rash, etc.

The sore throat lasted several weeks with no new symptoms, I went to my doctor and he felt that while I was stupid I did not place myself at risk. He diagnosed Mononucleosis and confirmed with a monospot test. I found that recent HIV infections can cause a positive monospot test and called him, he still refuses to consider HIV infection. So I have conducted several test on my own.

I have had the following tests done:
Day 26 Full STD panel plus HIV DNA PCR -NEGATIVE
DAY 38 Finger stick rapid test -NEGATIVE
Day 48 Finger stick rapid test -NEGATIVE
Day 49 HIV DNA PCR and HIV 1/0/2 antibody test -NEGATIVE
Day 56 finger stick rapid test -NEGATIVE
Fully intend on testing out to 13 weeks.

I have read many posts but feel that I am still quite ignorant in assessing my risk and potential status and was hoping for some advice so I can start to breath again.
What risk did I place myself in?
What are the odds I am infected?
What are the accuracy of the above tests at the dates listed?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: In need of reassurance

find something better then hiv to worry about.
you are wasting your time
simply put
you do not have it and never had a chance of getting it in the first place.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Sexual transmission of HIV requires penetration. Rubbing is never a risk, even if fluids are exchanged. No risk, no worries, just forget about it and move on with your life.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Well HIV is passed on as Joggen has said, so its clear you didnt have a risk, but i wanted to add, even if you had a risk you really do not need to test as much as you did. One test at 3 months is the only one that matters, a 6 week test will give you a good indication of your status. You ran the risk of a false postive but i cannot understand why a clinic would allow you to take so many tests when you never had a risk.

So for the future, if you do ever have a risk dont test like you have, their really is no need.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

No penetration equals no chance of infection. You never even had a need for the 1st test you took, let alone the 5 you had, since you were never at risk.

You are HIV negative, move on and dont even bother with a 13 week test, it will be a waste of time and money my friend

Closed Thread

Tags
accuracy, risk, testing