It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
(male)

anxiousbob HB User
Unhappy insetive oral sex - women had braces

hi
I have been here before, and have been very satisfied by all the answers given to me... and i do not worry about them.
Recently in a conversation with another guy, who was also scared of having acquired hiv, he told me that there were some reported cases in which a guy contracted hiv from receiving unprotected oral sex from a woman who wore braces... Because of the bleeding....

I researched a bit, and these cases are not confirmed as it is not known whether there was any unprotected anal/vaginal sex involved as well..
CDC doesnt acknowledge it, but 2 personal accounts were of women (who gave the fellatio) and were angry about not having being told of the risk.

I am sorry but that got me thinking again of the 2nd episode i had in which i got only a fellatio, and the girl had braces... she was in her early 20s..

Ofcourse i did not see any visible blood and there was no rough stuff.
I was just sitting and given the fellatio.

i have a 28day/4weeks antibody test negative after that incident... which is still not a confirmation.. I did not have any symptoms in these 4 weeks, however, 2 days after the tests, i had some cuts in my mouth but i dismissed them because of dry mouth smoking very spicy food and the hot climate.

Please provide some info on this and related episodes from any experiences you would know of...
I really want to put all this behind me... but such episodes are just popping up everywhere...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: insetive oral sex - women had braces

Bob-

You're really only going to torture yourself and waste your time by chasing after case reports. There are no confirmed reports of anybody catching HIV through oral sex- you can try to look up every possible report imaginable, and none of them will be confirmed. What you need to focus on are the studies of hundreds of people who had thousands of episodes of oral sex from an infected partner, and never tested positive for HIV. Without a doubt a significant portion of those people has braces, bleeding gums, bad oral hygiene, etc., and none of that mattered. However you want to spin it, oral sex is never a risk for HIV infection.

The following user gives a hug of support to joggen:
anxiousbob (08-14-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
anxiousbob (08-14-2012)
Old 08-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
(male)

anxiousbob HB User
Talking Re: insetive oral sex - women had braces

1. does an antibody test for all types of hiv ? 1 & 2 & O

2. is sewage/toilet water in pipes an hiv risk? considering the worst - cut wounds and possible blood/semen in the water. At a hotel and not a hospital..
It is work related.
Or can i safely say any semen/blood in toilet bowl after flushed and dilution within 5 mins will not be infective? Since semen does not dry and remains fluidic in water and doesn't dissolve..

Old 08-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

1. Yes
2. Still no risk, HIV cannot live outside the host.

My last post.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You clearly have an unhealthy obsession with HIV; I recommend that you consider talking to a mental health professional about it.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
anxiousbob (08-16-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #6
(male)

anxiousbob HB User
Smile Re: insetive oral sex - women had braces

To joggen kev apollo and all those who have made this forum possible and who take out valuable time out of their lives to help us anxious bobs, I would like to thank you all for your support and assurance..

I am going to do my 4th gen test tomorrow and if negative will put my worries to bed and stop this paranoia....

It has been very difficult for me with guilt, anxiety and low knowledge of hiv these past few months. Even though I agree with all of you that my 3 incidents posed zero risk, back of my mind I still feel i was at some risk, hence the test....

Thanks for being patient with me and answering my silliest of queries.
I will post my result definitely and if negative will join you all in educating and reassuring others who are/will be in the same place as me...
If positive, I am not as strong as Joggen. Will take time though...

I am nervous, hence the post. Thanks everyone...

Old 08-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
(male)

anxiousbob HB User
Cool To woohoo or not to woohoo, that is the question.

I agree I have been scared especially because of encounters with sex workers.. Sex was always protected but oral sex was not.
I got tested 4 months and 15 days after my last encounter. The test was a 4th gen eclia antibody/antigen using cobas for hiv1/hiv2.
It was done at 1 of the biggest hospitals in Bangkok, result was negative also the stds negative waiting on gonorrhoea though.
Let's say there was 0.1% risk involved.
1. Is this test conclusive?
2. I am not a cancer patient or diabetic or chemo patient and not on pep or any meds. Do I need retest at 6 months? Is it possible for me to fall in this category with early stages of oral cancer?
3. The reason I ask you this is that last 1 month I was smoking almost 15-20 ciggs a day because I was nervous. For the previous 3 months, I had quit smoking...
2 days prior to test I changed my toothpaste to Colgate sensitive since my regular toothpaste got over. The night after negative test result, I was drinking alcohol when I noticed some white mucousy peelings in my mouth. i spat them out but there seems to be small sores on the lower jaw gums 1 on either side.The mouth felt different for 1 day.. After 1 day they didn't hurt, no peeling.. However i am going to dentist to check for oral cancer. Are these peelings related to HIV?
Ever since I restarted smoking (this 1 month) my mouth has been drier, tongue dry and whitish hairy. I have had a hoarse throat ever since I got tested first 4 months back. Before that my ciggs smoking was very very less. Sometimes 6 in a day and sometimes 0 for weeks/ months..no addiction.
5. Do I fall in the category of weakened immune system? Who does and how do I know I don't? I have a weak stomach gets upset easily with change in food/water while travelling abroad. Especially because there is a drastic change in spices.. I don't have fatigue fevers headaches colds frequently, never had bed rest since years. In recent years the issues I have had is teeth issues and 2 past fractures on legs and some stitches on head. Minor injuries. Also my blood test (4 month old) says no diabetes, no anaemia. WBC rbc platelet count all normal and healthy..
This will be my last post.
It might sound funny to you but I have not engaged in sexual activities in the past 4.5 months. Because I did not want to infect anyone. Now that my status is proven negative, I would like to carry on with my life, with no risks of course.
Yes I agree I am paranoid. But I would appreciate an individual answer to the questions I have put..
Please reply soon. I want to put all this behind me and start my new life again.

Old 08-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Anxiousbob,

As an advocate of the HealthBoards, and someone who has also gained much from to the support and encouragement of the kind folks here...I applaud you.

From reading your thread it sounds as if you have gained new knowledge and understanding, and can now go on in peace. I applaud you for remaining responsibly celibate while waiting for your results as well.

Enjoy you new life!

I would find the cigarette smoking to be responsible for all your throat, voice, and mouth, teeth and coughing problems. It just makes sense.

Best to you

Closed Thread