It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
(male)

helpjesse HB User
Possible HIV transmission... Seeking advice

Hello Everyone

I wanted to thank everyone for all the help, in advance I was hoping to find some clarification/help.

My issue started on June 1st I had sex with a sex worker, I used a condom during the vaginal sex didn't last more than five minutes as I when into the restroom to remove the condom I noticed, some mestration blood on the condom and on the bottom of the penis. It seems her period was over and it was just some residual blood. As I removed the condom I used some baby wipes to clean the area as best as I could. I went home and took a shower.

Two weeks later, started to develope a rash. No fever, cough, (I think) no swollen lymph nodes.

The rash comes and goes. It last for 15 mins then goes away. Ive had it on my neck, head , back arms and legs.
I saw a doctor about this issue, I explained to him if was a possible symptom of an STD, he really didn't pay to credit to it and prescribe some medicine and told me it was hives. I still have the rash today, and I'm getting more concerned thinking its something else.

My concern is does menstrual blood add an extra risk factor of transmission of HIV?

During ARS would any other sysmtoms accompany the rash ?
How long does HIV rash last?

Thank you once again for lending me your time And help
Jesse

Old 08-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Possible HIV transmission.. Seeking advice

Hi Jesse, well as you wore a condom and your penis head was fully covered you would not be at risk of HIV. Although their was blood it could not be a concern as it did not get to your penis head. So any symptoms you have, are certainly not HIV related at all.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
helpjesse (08-14-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: Possible HIV transmission.. Seeking advice

Even during unprotected sex, the presence of menstrual blood doesn't increase the risk of HIV, and as Apollo explained, you were completely protected so the point is moot. Seeing menstrual blood can seem scary, but it has no bearing on HIV risk.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
helpjesse (08-14-2012)
Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #4
(male)

helpjesse HB User
Re: Possible HIV transmission... Seeking advice

Thank you both.... My only concern would be this rash. Would the mestration blood be a transmission for other types of STD's?

Could the skin abosorb, a STD via the blood?

Old 08-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Possible HIV transmission... Seeking advice

I dont belive so no, although std,s are not somthing i have great knowlage of jesse

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Closed Thread