It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
(male)

WorriedSick2040 HB User
Angry HIV Scare... What do you think ?

Hey guys,
5 months ago , I had unprotected vaginal sex ( no anal) with a girl I have been seeing for a couple of months. She was introduced thru a common friend And have already been told that she was in a monogamous relationship before moving to the USA. We are both educated Indians and fall under a low risk category but there is a chance. I was a virgin before this and she said she was too . I tried putting on the condom but the erection wouldn't stay so when it did we started it with out any condom. Now here is the interesting part.

She said he was a virgin even though her boyfriend and she had physical intimacy , they never had sex ( this is a possibility in India ) . So I assumed he was a vorgin but she wasn't really acting like one. Also, no pain and no blood.

I did not have any ARS symptoms per se , only two mouth sores after about a month I think and very dry skin after about 3 months. I did have a lot of allergys this year more than last year but no fever, no swollen nodes no real diarrheal or headaches.

I am fairly certain she lied to me about being a virgin and that was a reason I was confident about the condom not being there. Also, we did it three times and each time it must have lasted less than a minute.

I know you cannot base HIV over symptoms but I am getting married this December and I am **** scared. All I am looking for is a few words of assistance so I can muster courage to get the test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
(male)

WorriedSick2040 HB User
Re: HIV Scare ... What do you think ?

I know that's what I need to do but I get paranoid thinking about a positive result. Also, I got a complete CBC done this month and my blood counts came back fine. Would anything have showed up in the CBC if I contracted it ?

I know I am asking stupid questions but Thinking about this is driving me nuts. Also, I had a mild case of what looked like psoriasis on my elbows about 3 months after the incident.is that an ARS symptom as well?

Old 08-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Theirs is little point speculating when you can take a rapid test and get results in 15 minutes and that really is what you need to do. The rest of the speculation will have no bearing on your status, so best of luck with the test.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #4
(male)

WorriedSick2040 HB User

I know that's what I need to do but I get paranoid thinking about a positive result. Also, I got a complete CBC done this month and my blood counts came back fine. Would anything have showed up in the CBC if I contracted it ?

I know I am asking stupid questions but Thinking about this is driving me nuts. Also, I had a mild case of what looked like psoriasis on my elbows about 3 months after the incident.is that an ARS symptom as well?

Old 08-14-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
(male)

WorriedSick2040 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Theirs is little point speculating when you can take a rapid test and get results in 15 minutes and that really is what you need to do. The rest of the speculation will have no bearing on your status, so best of luck with the test.
I know I need to take that but I am very scared of a bad result. The girl was also throwing up the day after and this made me very worried. Infect I never thought about it much because I was actually seeing her and did not suspect much but after she left me for no apparent reason it started to hit me.

I had a CBC done this month and my blood counts came back fine. Would it h e showed up in your CBC if there was anything wrong ?

Old 08-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

A CBC would not tell you anything about your status, only a HIV test. Symptoms mean nothing and their is no point speculating on them and I certainly don't - ever.

It's unlikely she would have HIV in the first place, it's still not a common illness, but only a test will confirm this. You should also test for all STD,s as well.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
WorriedSick2040 (08-15-2012)
Old 08-14-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
(male)

WorriedSick2040 HB User

Thank you Apollo for your reassuring words. But I noticed that 5 months after the incident, I lost 4 pounds in less than a month. Would that be something related to ARS ? I know i have to take the test and i will once i muster enough courage. My CBC showed that i am border line diabetic as well. Would that have to do something with my weight loss?

Old 08-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

As I said, I don't speculate on symptoms so their is no point in keep asking me on every post. So good luck with your test.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: HIV Scare... What do you think ?

Paranoia and fear are not fact, and the fact is that it would be exceedingly unlikely for you to test positive. Remember, testing does not give you HIV, it helps you move on. The uncertainty is far worse than actually testing positive. However this helps, from what you describe I would expect you to test negative.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
WorriedSick2040 (08-15-2012)
Old 08-16-2012, 04:05 AM   #10
(male)

WorriedSick2040 HB User

Guys , I have been thinking about it and I remember peeling skin on my hands but I don't remember when .... I am forced to think it was a few weeks to a month after the incident ... I am kind if freaking out here an have never felt anything like this fear in my entire life. I know again that I can't speculate on symptoms but I am in need some hand holding and reassurance again. This is driving me nuts.

Would an HIV rash come as a peeling skin on the hands? I sawn pics online and it looked exactly like that. I have never had peeling skin on my hands before and this is what is driving me nuts. Please forgive me about all this symptom crunching but I hope you understand that like all others who are flipping out about this, I am in the same boat. I am starting to realize the extent of lies that I was told to and the worst part was she was also sick . I don't know how I was so stupid. Any comments ?

Old 08-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #11
(male)

WorriedSick2040 HB User

Guys , I have been thinking about it and I remember peeling skin on my hands but I don't remember when .... I am forced to think it was a few weeks to a month after the incident ... I am kind if freaking out here an have never felt anything like this fear in my entire life. I know again that I can't speculate on symptoms but I am in need some hand holding and reassurance again. This is driving me nuts.

Would an HIV rash come as a peeling skin on the hands? I sawn pics online and it looked exactly like that. I have never had peeling skin on my hands before and this is what is driving me nuts. Please forgive me about all this symptom crunching but I hope you understand that like all others who are flipping out about this, I am in the same boat. I am starting to realize the extent of lies that I was told to and the worst part was she was also sick . I don't know how I was so stupid. Any comments ?

Old 08-16-2012, 04:12 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

"Would an HIV rash come as a peeling skin on the hands?"

No. I get peeling skin on my hands all the time, and I don't have HIV. HIV is not the cause of every minor condition of the human body.

Please read the top sticky thread of this forum, several times.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:33 AM   #13
Facilitator
(male)

You havnt been thinking and your certainly not listening. You have been told we do not and can not diagnose HIV by symptoms, how Many times have got to be told this. Take a test if you are concerned

Last edited by Apollo123; 08-16-2012 at 04:40 AM.

Old 08-16-2012, 04:54 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

i have hiv
i did not have peeling skin around the time i was infected.
stop thinking about it and move on.
good luck

Old 08-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #15
(male)

WorriedSick2040 HB User

You guys are awesome and actually help me calm down. I will take the test when i have the courage to do so ... which i will muster in a couple of days because i cannot live like this. This is eating me up. Thank you again for keeping up with my rants.

Closed Thread