It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Worriedbop HB User
Confusing with result -or +?

I had multiple tests after last exposure( it was protected sex with sex worker who provided the condom). Also one month before I had nose surgery( this happened in Thailand where the hospital really busy which a lot of people got nose fixed)
Here are the result: test were done in USA and Thailand
- negaative oraquick mouth swab at 2 month
- positive finger ***** oraquick at 3 1/4 month
- positive clearview rapid test at  3 1/4month
- negative unigold rapid test at 3 1/4 month ( retest after clearview)
- negative Abbott eia HIV 1/2 at 3 1/4 month
- negative CMIA at hopital in thailad at 4 month
- negative CMIA at HIV center in Thailand at 4 month
- negative Nested HIV RNA PCR at 4 month
- positive clearview rapid test at 4 1/4 month
- positive oraquick rapid test at 4 1/4 month
- negative HIV 1/2 western blot test at 5 month( this was done in lab after 2 previous positive rapid test at free HIV test center)

All EIa, CMIA and Nested PCR were tested in lab and blood were drawn. But positive results were tested by finger *****.
I have asked dr if I'm safe after CMIA. They said I was 99% negative. But why I still test positive with those rapid test.
Please help. I can't do anything rIght now. ( that exposure was only one in my life)
Please educate me . I'm lost now .

Old 08-18-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Worriedbop HB User
Re: Confusing with result -or +?

Also for two weeks I have sore throat and feel very little bit pain on and off around armpit and groin area at 5 month 1 week. Is this related to HIV symptom?

Last edited by Worriedbop; 08-18-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

Basically you have grossly over reacted to a no risk situation and in doing so have grossly over tested, hence the reason you have had what is called false positives. A false positive occurs because people, just like yourself needlessly over test for something they have not got. Had you actually had a risk of an HIV infection, which you did not, a test at 12 weeks would have been conclusive and you would have absolutely no reason to test beyond this period.

Your were never at a risk of an HIV infection and never even needed testing. You have tested conclusively negative and for your own sake, stop testing now and move on. HIV is not and never was an issue for you. It is you that has made it one.

And no your ailments are not related to HIV, you have not got HIV; you were not even at a risk of an HIV infection.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 08-18-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Old 08-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Worriedbop HB User

Thanks kevin for your reply.
But im concern because I don't know the condom was leak or broken. Also when she removed the condom the fluid hit my head of penis. Plus I might catch it from nose surgery. Please explain why I always test positive on rapid tests. I can't get the answer for this. Is there a chance I can test positive after 6 month. Thank you

Old 08-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

There is no chance the condom failed, you would have noticed immediately. Condoms are designed to fail catastrophically and are easily noticeable by both partners. You would NOT contract HIV from surgery. Vaginal fluid on your penis outside the confines of the body poses zero risk of an HIV infection. And no you will not test positive at six months, 6 years or even 60 years you were never at a risk of an HIV infection. All HIV tests at conclusive at 12 weeks.

HIV testing is not infallible and can and does return positive results even thought that person as not got HIV. This is called a FALSE POSITIVE. It happens as I have already explained to you because you have needlessly over tested for HIV. You not need any further tests; you never even needed to test for HIV. The only thing you are doing by having further HIV tests is risk the trauma of another FALSE POSITIVE.. If you want to know the precise medical reasons ( and there are many) for a false positive HIV test result, simply look on the net, the reasons are fully explained.

Buddy, do yourself a huge favour drop this and move on with your life it is far too short to waste on something you clearly have not got.

You do not have HIV, period.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 08-18-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Worriedbop HB User

Thanks again Kevin. I appreciate people like you who are really patience with people like me. I just want to be clear on this because of my wife . I always wear condom every time . My wife now want to have a baby but I'm not sure about this. I dont want to spread it ,if I'm infected. She is the only one who support me and love me when I test (false)positive on rapid test. She said she would take care of me. I don't want to let her down . I just want to return her kidness. But I'm not in clear. I felt bad that I had sex with sw which was the first time and it will be last time. So I got tested for peace of mind. But result come out positive. The guy who test me never tell me that it might be a false positve. He kept saying I'm positive( at free HIV test center). He voice still haunt me. Please guys I'm afraid I might test positive after 6 month. What make those people test positive at 6 month? Am I one of them? I'm healthy I never felt sick in my life. But after that incident 1 month later I felt lightheaded almost everyday for 3 weeks which I never expirecne before but now it's gone.
Pleae help me.

Old 08-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Not in the clear? Buddy you were never even close to a risk of an HIV infection.

You will not test positive at six months and do not need to test to six months. You have already gone through the trauma of having false positive results and you are in real danger of doing so again if you keep testing. The only people that may be advised to test beyond the official HIV window period of 12 weeks is those that have had chemotherapy recently, been on anti rejection drugs after an organ transplant, been long term street drug users or been on HIV prevention medication (PEP).

And your Western Bloc test at 5 months is the golden standard, it said you were negative. Had you actually had a risk (which you did not) nobody would test beyond a negative WB test. If you cannot believe this test then I doubt negative results from any other test will convince you that you have not got HIV.

Buddy for your own sake, stop this now and walk away from something you clearly were never at risk of and never even needed testing for. All you are going is using your own guilt to fuel a nonexistent HIV infection.

You have not got HIV, you were never exposed to HIV and you never needed to test for it, period.

Kevin

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 08-18-2012 at 01:44 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
Worriedbop (08-18-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Worriedbop HB User

I heard that wb should not test alone. It should use after positive Elisa. But in my case I went to local clinic to just get WB. Does this count as a conclusive test?

Old 08-18-2012, 02:25 PM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Your wb has proved you don't have HIV from a no risk exposure. You don't have HIV that's 100% conclusive.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
Worriedbop (08-19-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

A Western Bloc test is a confirmation test. It is used solely to confirm a positive result from an HIV antibody test. If this test was positive you would be confirmed as HIV positive. If, as in your case, it was negative you are confirmed as HIV negative. Please do yourself a huge favour and do not try to find reasons to dismiss a negative WB result at 5 months, there are none. You do not have HIV.

Buddy you really are confirmed as HIV negative from a zero risk exposure to HIV.

The reasons for your previous false positives are open to question. False positive HIV results generally are caused by other under lying medical conditions totally unrelated to HIV. Nobody here can tell you what, if anything, as caused you to have these results only that this is what they are, false. If you are concerned you have an as yet undiagnosed medical condition you should liaise with a doctor to find out what it maybe. What you can be told here, unequivocally, is what it is not. It is not HIV.

The more you needlessly test the more you run the very real risk of false positive results, as you have found out. You should now forget HIV and if you have ailments that are of concern liaise with a doctor to find the route cause.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 08-18-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:50 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Worriedbop HB User

Anyone who was infected with HIV, what symtom they have around 3-6 month after the infection? I felt lightheaded at 1 month and diarhea ,feel very little pain lymp node around armpit groin and sore throat at 5 month after exposure. Do these happen to HIV positive ?
I can't figure it out why it happen to me at this time.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Because you cannot figure out what is happening does not mean by default that what is happening is due to an HIV infection. As you have been advised, numerous times, you were not exposed to HIV and have tested 100% negative from this.

HIV is never diagnosed by symptoms and there is a sticky right at the top of the forum explaining why and what to do if you have ailments that are of concern, please read it. If it is of any comfort to you what you have described does not remotely resemble the symptoms of a primary HIV infection and given the facts you were not exposed to HIV and have tested conclusively negative your ailments certainly are not related to an HIV infection.

Doctors are trained and paid to figure out what is wrong with people, please see one if you are so concerned. You do not have an HIV concern other than the one you have fabricated in your own mind.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 08-19-2012 at 03:03 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
Worriedbop (08-19-2012)
Old 08-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #13
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

HIV has no direct individual symptoms as they mirror many other common conditions like a cold. Because of that only testing will ever tell you your status, which of course is HIV negative.

What ever concerns you had you must now forget them and move on with your life. It seems as thou you have a phobia of HIV hence why you keep testing. YOu may want to concider getting help for this if your unable to stop this concern.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
Worriedbop (08-19-2012)
Old 08-24-2012, 03:18 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

Worriedbop HB User

Sorry guys. I just can't get it out of my head. Still thinking every single days. I feel like I'm in hell now. I can't figure it out why I test positive on rapid test but negative on cmia, eia, pcr HIV 1 RNA, and western blot. If I didn't test rapid test , I would be living my life normally. I tried to think that rapid test give fault positve then I went to re check with the same rapid test but it came out positive again( this was done before western blot, western blot negative after 1 month of first rapid test then 1 week after second rapid test ).
1. Can it be that i might have problrm with only particular rapid test ?
2. In my case mixed result of pos and neg, is there any chance that negative result could be false negative? If yes why?
3. Did you guys ever heard or seen a case like me( I read a lot of posts but never seen one)?
4. Chance that rapid test detect antibodies but cmia eia Pcr and wb can't detect?( I'm scared that rapid test detect antibodies but others miss detecting)

Old 08-24-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

Buddy you had a false positive result, what may cause a false positive?

Take your pick

"Anti-carbohydrate antibodies
Naturally-occurring antibodies
Passive immunization: receipt of gamma globulin or immune globulin (as prophylaxis against infection which contains antibodies)
Leprosy
Tuberculosis
Mycobacterium avium
Systemic lupus erythematosus
Renal (kidney) failure
Hemodialysis/renal failure)
Alpha interferon therapy in hemodialysis patients
Flu
Flu vaccination
Herpes simplex I
Herpes simplex II
Upper respiratory tract infection (cold or flu)
Recent viral infection or exposure to viral vaccines
Pregnancy in multiparous women
Malaria
High levels of circulating immune complexes
Hypergammaglobulinemia (high levels of antibodies)
False positives on other tests, including RPR (rapid plasma reagent) test for syphilis
Rheumatoid arthritis
Hepatitis B vaccination
Tetanus vaccination
Organ transplantation
Renal transplantation
Anti-lymphocyte antibodies
Anti-collagen antibodies (found in gay men, haemophiliacs, Africans of both sexes and people with leprosy)
Serum-positive for rheumatoid factor, antinuclear antibody (both found in rheumatoid arthritis and other autoantibodies)
Autoimmune diseases : Systemic lupus erythematosus, scleroderma, connective tissue disease, dermatomyositis
Acute viral infections, DNA viral infections
Malignant neoplasms (cancers)
Alcoholic hepatitis/alcoholic liver disease
Primary sclerosing cholangitis
Hepatitis
"Sticky" blood (in Africans)
Antibodies with a high affinity for polystyrene (used in the test kits)
Blood transfusions, multiple blood transfusions
Multiple myeloma
HLA antibodies (to Class I and II leukocyte antigens)
Anti-smooth muscle antibody
Anti-parietal cell antibody
Anti-hepatitis A IgM (antibody)
Anti-Hbc IgM
Administration of human immunoglobulin preparations pooled before 1985
Haemophilia
Haematologic malignant disorders/lymphoma
Primary biliary cirrhosis
Stevens-Johnson syndrome9,
Q-fever with associated hepatitis
Heat-treated specimens
Lipemic serum (blood with high levels of fat or lipids)
Haemolyzed serum (blood where haemoglobin is separated from the red cells)
Hyperbilirubinemia
Globulins produced during polyclonal gammopathies
Healthy individuals as a result of poorly-understood cross-reactions
Normal human ribonucleoproteins
Other retroviruses
Anti-mitochondrial antibodies
Anti-nuclear antibodies
Anti-microsomal antibodies
T-cell leukocyte antigen antibodies
Proteins on the filter paper
Epstein-Barr virus
Visceral leishmaniasis "

There is no chance as in absolutely NO chance your WB test would return a negative result if you had HIV, period. There is absolutely no chance of a false negative outside of the HIV window period, they only ever occur when people test too early.

As you have been advised and I again advise you very strongly to stop looking at HIV as the cause of these false positives and start discussing with your doctor what may be the real cause of them. Obsessing over HIV means you are in real danger of overlooking something. Do yourself a massive favour, get off the HIV scare bandwagon and start thinking logically. HIV is NOT the worst thing you can have; take a good long look at the list above if you don't believe me. And unless you have discussed any of this with a doctor you are in no psoition to even think that none of the above could apply to you.

You were NOT even at a risk of an HIV infection so how on earth you figure out your results have anything at all to do with HIV is well beyond my level of understanding. HIV is NOT your problem.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 08-25-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Closed Thread