It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

chrismart66 HB User
Depressed/ scared i might have HIV through oral sex.

Hi everyone im new to this site. Im 19 and im a gay guy. So basically im a virgin you could say but the only sexual thing iv ever done is received oral sex. Once. This was about 5 -6 weeks ago. What happens is iv always been afraid to have actual intercourse (anal) (give or receive) because i know the risks of hiv. But i figured receiving oral sex was no big deal. Well i was wrong. Since that day i began to get an inflated pain in the tip of my penis. This went on for about 2 weeks then it was gone. But along with that i started experiencing fevers. Constant fevers. Since im 19 i dont really have the money to see a doctor so i only went to planned parenthood and took an STD test and it came back negative. The hiv test i didnt take because it was too soon. So through the past 5 weeks iv been extremely scared i may have contracted HIV. I even quit my job because of the anxiety. :/ The fevers come and go i had one last night. What scares me more is that last week i started to feel extremely nauseous the whole room was spinning for 2 days straight. Along with stomach pains. Actually at this moment i am feeling a bit dizzy. These are all symptoms of HIV and im scared and so depressed because i havent even had real gay sex yet and this is all happening. Who gets sick from a bj? ME i must have the worst luck ever. I also noticed pimples on my shoulder but i dont know if its from stress. Its been one month of total worry, im not even going to go to school this semester because of the panic. What happens if i had a minor cut in my penis and i hadn't even noticed? My partner was this guy i met at a gay club so i cant contact him it was something that just happened i wanted to do something sexual for once all my friends always made fun of me for being 19 and a virgin.. :/ now i may pay the ultimate price.. whats even worse is i may be the 1st person in human history to be infected this way. We also french kissed. Idk if that makes it worse!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: Depressed/ scared i might have HIV through oral sex.

No, that is impossible, saliva neutralizes HIV, there are absolutely no cases of HIV acquisition from receiving oral sex in the entire history of HIV- you will not be the first.

The pain at the tip of your penis could be from an STD like NGU or gonorrhea- consider getting checked out for those, but forget about HIV.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
chrismart66 (08-25-2012)
Old 08-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

i'm with joggen
hiv is not your problem.
your best bet is to explore what is wrong
with a doctor
good luck!

Old 08-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

chrismart66 HB User
Red face Re: Depressed/ scared i might have HIV through oral sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
No, that is impossible, saliva neutralizes HIV, there are absolutely no cases of HIV acquisition from receiving oral sex in the entire history of HIV- you will not be the first.

The pain at the tip of your penis could be from an STD like NGU or gonorrhea- consider getting checked out for those, but forget about HIV.
Yes even though its not likley to happen im still very scared. Im scared for all thats happened. It seems unrealistic almost unbelievable. The stomach pains, the fever, the dizziness, the pain in my penis, the fear. Did i also mention i got alot of acne on my shoulder, though it may be from stress never in life have i had acne like that. It all seems like a catastrophe. For one i dont even know if he even is HIV possitive but still i cant help feeling scared. I dont want to go down in history as the first person to get hiv this way. I havent even had real sex yet. I cant shake it i cant take it out of my mind. :/

Old 08-25-2012, 11:37 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismart66 View Post
Yes even though its not likley to happen im still very scared. Im scared for all thats happened. It seems unrealistic almost unbelievable. The stomach pains, the fever, the dizziness, the pain in my penis, the fear. Did i also mention i got alot of acne on my shoulder, though it may be from stress never in life have i had acne like that. It all seems like a catastrophe. For one i dont even know if he even is HIV possitive but still i cant help feeling scared. I dont want to go down in history as the first person to get hiv this way. I havent even had real sex yet. I cant shake it i cant take it out of my mind. :/
Well unless you had an open socket from a tooth being removed, its just not possible because their is no route of transmission. If Oral sex was a risk or shall i say a realistic risk of HIV transmission then their would be direct information to use condoms like you do for sex, but because it isnt their is no need to use them apart from getting std's to which your negative for.

Being scared or having symptoms dose not validate a risk in reality but only mentally. The time scale is at a point where you can take a test if you need to, so if you cannot accept the advice test for peace of mind and dont expect anything less than a negative result.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
chrismart66 (08-26-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

chrismart66 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Well unless you had an open socket from a tooth being removed, its just not possible because their is no route of transmission. If Oral sex was a risk or shall i say a realistic risk of HIV transmission then their would be direct information to use condoms like you do for sex, but because it isnt their is no need to use them apart from getting std's to which your negative for.

Being scared or having symptoms dose not validate a risk in reality but only mentally. The time scale is at a point where you can take a test if you need to, so if you cannot accept the advice test for peace of mind and dont expect anything less than a negative result.
Thank you so much. I didnt give the oral sex though. I received. Im a gay guy i dont know why it says in my profile im a female i think i put female by accident. I didnt have any cuts in my penis but i do not know if my partner who was giving had any cuts though. Say he did, would i be in risk?

Old 08-26-2012, 12:12 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Unless he had blood pouring from his mouth then you would not be at risk. Minor cuts would be diluted with the salvia would would make the virus inactive, its just a non starter buds it really is.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #8
Inactive
(male)

chrismart66 HB User

Quote:
Unless he had blood pouring from his mouth then you would not be at risk. Minor cuts would be diluted with the salvia would would make the virus inactive, its just a non starter buds it really is.
Okay thank you... i will take my test 2 weeks from now. Will let you know ! : ) i will feel so awkward telling the doctor iv only received oral sex ! lol

Old 08-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Then dont test then, because you really have no need to

Old 08-26-2012, 12:47 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

chrismart66 HB User

Quote:
I know but i need to rest my mind. Iv been scared for one month straight.. from one sexual experience i dont know how ill react to actual intercourse ..

Old 08-26-2012, 11:28 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

As you acknowledge you are over reacting here and you should really put this knowledge to good use. This time you clearly were not at a risk of an HIV infection but too save yourself any future worry you should simply use condoms, even for acts that are considered safe. Yes it could be argued that it is over kill but it is far better in future to save any further worry and concern to be absolutely certain that whatever you do is completely and utterly safe. If you cannot give yourself this reassurance then you should walk away. If in any doubt, don't do it. It is far better to simply walk away than spend weeks, sometimes months worrying yourself sick that you may have contracted something.

Look after yourself; you are the only person that will.

Kevin.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
chrismart66 (08-26-2012)
Old 08-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

chrismart66 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
Hi,

As you acknowledge you are over reacting here and you should really put this knowledge to good use. This time you clearly were not at a risk of an HIV infection but too save yourself any future worry you should simply use condoms, even for acts that are considered safe. Yes it could be argued that it is over kill but it is far better in future to save any further worry and concern to be absolutely certain that whatever you do is completely and utterly safe. If you cannot give yourself this reassurance then you should walk away. If in any doubt, don't do it. It is far better to simply walk away than spend weeks, sometimes months worrying yourself sick that you may have contracted something.

Look after yourself; you are the only person that will.

Kevin.

Thank you so much. Even though i just received oral sex i really will take all of this into a lesson. Maybe everything happens for a reason this scare i went through really has taught me a lesson and to value life a bit more. Its unexplainable but im looking at things differently im glad i was at no risk and i will d*****atley use protection for all purposes ... !

Old 08-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

chrismart66 HB User

Quote:
Im getting very scared again evern with all these posts saying its impossible im still so scared. I noticed alot of pimples on my face I NEVER HAVE ACNE EVER!!!!!!!!!!! and i had alot of dots on my shoulder i still kind of do

GOSH IM SO SCARED RIGHT NOW :/ My face is so pale also... i look sick

Last edited by Administrator; 08-27-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Your anxiety cannot be addressed here as you are obviously resistant to the advice that you are receiving in this forum; continued advice is likely to just reinforce your anxiety. Please take up further concerns in the Hypochondria forum- there is nothing more that we can do for you here.

http://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/

Last edited by Administrator; 08-28-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Old 08-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Wow. What more can possibly be said to you to show the point that oral sex is a non risk?

Pimples??? Acute HIV infection will not cause them. Its not even really worth saying that since you were never at risk in the first place. If you are really this anxious about HIV, please discuss it with a therapist or counselor. Your fears are excessive my friend.

You'd be surprised at just how sick anxiety can make you, by the way. It feeds on itself. HIV is not the issue here, your anxiety is. Please seek help....life is far too short to be worrying over nothing

The following user gives a hug of support to SOTM:
chrismart66 (09-03-2012)
Closed Thread