It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
(female)

Ineedopinions HB User
Hiv oral transmission

I am a 20 year old female with what I suspect to be Genital Herpes (haven't been tested but it's textbook signs, I also have HPV) I met a guy who I do not know his blood status. We went to a party where he got into a fight, mouth got all bloody and cut up. Well 2 days later, we got drunk and he performed oral on me there was no visible blood, and there was it no sex. I was also making out with him. I had had a little tickle or itch down there and that normally means im about to have a little lesion. Well this was July 28th. A while after that i had gotten a little itchy ears and sore throat but that lasted like 4 days tops. Then, I woke up a couple days after that and my upper right back, my neck and my right arm including armpit were so sore and stayed that way for almost 2 weeks. Then around August 8th, My back had started hurting horribly. I thought this just to be my period since i was about to start. Then around 2-3 weeks I got REALLY bad back pain along with upper thigh pain behind the legs, chills, night sweats, fatigue nausea, no appetite and my hands and feet kind of felt like they were on fire I also had diarrhea, which has not subsided. I haven't really had too high of a fever I dont think I've just been getting "hot rushes" and felt feverish I havent had any rashes, but i am itchy all over. I went and got a rapid HIV from planned parenthood and that came back negative, but that was only after 23 days, I am now writing on the 25th day. I know for a fact that the test was a Uni-Gold 3rd generation. yesterday I did go to the hospital because I didnt eat for 2 days I thought maybe i had mono....but my blood results came back and my WBC was normal my doc said none of my lymph nodes were swollen and he said all my blood results were normal. He did not run an HIV and I didnt get the results from my mono back because they only did them mon wed and fri but they didnt call me back so i guess it was neg. I'm going to morrow to try and get a HIV DOU COMBO test, but I dont know where they are offered My question is how risky was this exposure, OBVIOUSLY i know that having herpes doubles my risk and the fact that he had cuts. and all these symptoms are just too much for me to handle. I spend literally every waking moment on the internet googling symptoms and sign and questions and forums. I am a known hypochonriac. But I don't think me stressing this much about something could create all these symptoms in my head. I'm just so scared. I literally do not now what to do. I know testing is the ONLY way to get it done, but I mean....it's pretty obvious to me that i have HIV. All the symptoms in the perfect time frame....I'm terrified...but a couple days have passed, and I am still experiencing groin/inner though/joint pain. I have eaten maybe 4 times in about 5 days and that was because I forced myself to eat and orange and yogurt. I also have noticed that the sides of my tongue have developed kind of white ridges. I have been told numerous times that oral sex does not transmit HIV, but I mean no one wants to make themselves think they have HIV, so I dont think it's my anxiety or stress. I think about it non-stop. All day. I have even started having HIV dreams. Today marks the 4th weeks after I received oral, no sex no anything else, also I was tested negative for everything else before this from a pap. It just really doesn't look good for me I wanna test like tomorrow cause I keep seeing where it says normally 4 weeks people would start to develop antibodies but I cannot wait for 3 months....honestly. I think the anxiety and the constant worrying and looking up stuff literally 24/7 is going to kill me.

Last edited by Ineedopinions; 08-25-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Hiv oral transmition

you can exhale
nobody has ever been infected by hiv thru oral sex
you will not be the first.
expect any hiv test
to yield you negative results!
good luck

Old 08-25-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
(female)

Ineedopinions HB User

I literally have no hope, at all. I had an open lesion and he had cuts in his mouth when he performed oral. I just now found thrush signs on my tongue. I guess I'm about to be that one person....

Old 08-25-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedopinions View Post
I literally have no hope, at all. I had an open lesion and he had cuts in his mouth when he performed oral. I just now found thrush signs on my tongue. I guess I'm about to be that one person....
when you go out and collect your inevitable
negative results,please come back and share
i enjoy saying
i told you so!

Old 08-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #5
(female)

Ineedopinions HB User

Have you ever heard of a situation like this, with open wounds and oral and herpes and stuff? Because I just....it's all too.....it's too much, and I'm gonna go get a test since it's the 4th week and i've read that 90% of people will show up around this time...but...

Old 08-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Its impossible to get HIV from what you have said in your post. He gave you Oral correct, well their is no risk at all from that none - nothing. Saliva does not carry active HIV, hence why kissing is not a risk. Any cuts he hd would have healed or you most certainly would not have let him have contact with you.

You have made a typical mistake of "googling" an whilst you have looked at symptoms ( their is a sticky at the top saying why they are pointless ) you have ingnored the important part of HIV transmission. In 20 years of history their are no reported cases of HIV tramsmission and your not going to be the first from this. You never came close to a risk at all.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-25-2012, 10:47 PM   #7
(female)

Ineedopinions HB User

I was drunk and horny. I wasn't like looking all into his mouth and stuff. I'm not concerned about the saliva. I'm concerned about the fact that their could be blood IN his saliva and it transmitted that way. I also only thought about HIV when these things started happening not me looking into and developing these ailments. I also don't understand how I can have thrush, there's no way stress or anxiety could have caused that. It's textbook sign for and HIV exposure. I know before hand I was clean because I hadn't had sex or done anything for the previous 5 months, and then this happened, and now, like literally....i think I have HIV. DO you think if I got tested around 33 days (which is 3 days from now) that showing all these symptoms it would come up positive?

Old 08-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Unless you punched him the mouth first he would not have any blood would he? Not to mention its very unlikley he would have HIV in the first place.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #9
(female)

Ineedopinions HB User

How can you say it's very unlikely for him to have HIV. I mean, you cant look at someone and be like, oh you have HIV. I didn't make that bad of a lapse in judgement, I knew the guy for quite a bit but, the point is and now that i'm finally talking to him, he is 'concerned' with his state now and went to get a blood test but found out he had chlamydia today. He is very skeptical and sketchy about the whole thing. I'm going to go get a rapid test tomorrow or thursday, because I am after the 4th week mark and from what I understand that's a good time to start testing.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Quote:
I also don't understand how I can have thrush, there's no way stress or anxiety could have caused that. It's textbook sign for and HIV exposure.

Thrush can appear during late-stage HIV infection, not acute-stage infection. Also, thrush can appear in perfectly healthy people- it is not specific to HIV.

Look, I did the same thing that you are trying to do- looking into your mouth for signs of HIV infection, and I was convinced the same way you are. I can't stress enough that it just doesn't work that way. You simply don't have the medical training to diagnose yourself with thrush. Nobody who hasn't been through med school or similar medical training has any business looking into their mouth and attempt to diagnose themselves with something. The inside of the mouth is simply, well, weird-looking, and people without medical training inevitably notice things that were always there and attribute them as something abnormal. I did it myself, and tested negative.

So stop looking into your mouth to try to gauge your HIV status- it's a futile exercise that will only fuel your anxiety. Also, read the thread at the top of the forum regarding symptoms.

Any test that you take will be negative and will confirm that you never had a risk for HIV infection. If you're going to obsess about HIV, then I agree that taking a test would be more productive than continuing to examine yourself for symptoms.

Last edited by joggen; 08-25-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #11
(female)

Ineedopinions HB User

I honestly didn't just go looking to make myself sick. These things happened to me over night all at once. And this is the only thing it could be.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #12
(female)

Ineedopinions HB User

No i see that since he had chlamydia that permits the transmission of hiv easier now.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:45 AM   #13
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
No i see that since he had chlamydia that permits the transmission of hiv easier now.
Incorrect, that only apply's to having sex, to which you didnt. I can say its unlikley he has HIV because less than 1% of the population have HIV. Unless he had blood dripping from his mouth like a vampire then you just cannot get HIV its impossible and if you have read so much you would have read about that fact. If Oral sex was a confirmed risk then you would end up with 90% of the population having HIV when you take in mind their must be a billion acts of oral sex taking place on this planet every day, and yet their still are no confirmed reported case's of HIV transmission, so really how likley is it your going to be the first??

Last edited by Apollo123; 08-26-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Old 08-26-2012, 01:00 AM   #14
(female)

Ineedopinions HB User

Okay, so you're saying, after reading my whole post, situation, and even with me telling you, he had open wounds in his mouth, not that I seen any visible blood, and then I may have had a tear from the beginning of an outbreak, that it's quite impossible that i could catch HIV? Even if he was positive?

Old 08-26-2012, 01:17 AM   #15
Facilitator
(male)

Yes i read the whole post even your itchy ears. The wounds had healed so their was no blood as you have already stated and salvia dose not carry active HIV hence why kissing is not a risk, so yes its impossible and i mean impossible.

Closed Thread

Tags
ars, hiv, oral sex