It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

johnno11 HB User
Help please - getting worried about HIV

I'd just like you guys to tell me the chances.

So 5 days ago I had protected sex with a sex worker. When we finished, the condom seemed intact, although I didn't check thouroughly. I left, happy.

But..

2 hours later I felt a strange tingling feeling in my penis. I was convinced I had an STD. The only sympton I had was a sensitive penis, no pain when urinating, or blisters or anything. Now I'm panicking that the condom maybe tore or something.

Yesterday (4 days after the event) I woke up feeling like I was getting ill. The feeling is getting worse today, and Im getting a fever. I'm really worried, can't sleep at all. Now I'm really worried Im getting HiV

Gonna go for an STD test tomorrow, but what do u think about this? is it possible to get an STD 2 hours after intercourse, what could this be? do I have HiV? help please...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Help please - getting worried about HIV

Hi,

Had the condom failed you would have known instantly, they are designed to fail catastrophically and leave neither partner in any doubt. It did not fail.

Your chances of contracting HIV from this are zero. What you have posted does not in any way, shape, form or manner resemble the symptoms of a primary HIV infection and given the fact you were not in the slightest way exposed to HIV they certainly are not related to HIV.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 08-27-2012 at 07:14 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hi John, well HIV is not a concern here as you used a condom and their is no is's or buts's, you had protected sex, so nothing you have is down to HIV. Its also unlikley to be an std again because you used a condom but syphilis is a very slim possiblity as that is passed on via open sore's but agin unlikley. Other std's like gonorrhea are very unlikley as they are passed on via fluids, so unless you had unprotected oral sex then i cannot see you being at risk.

It quite common for people to be allergic to latex condoms, that could have caused a tingling in your penis.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-27-2012, 08:46 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

johnno11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Hi John, well HIV is not a concern here as you used a condom and their is no is's or buts's, you had protected sex, so nothing you have is down to HIV. Its also unlikley to be an std again because you used a condom but syphilis is a very slim possiblity as that is passed on via open sore's but agin unlikley. Other std's like gonorrhea are very unlikley as they are passed on via fluids, so unless you had unprotected oral sex then i cannot see you being at risk.

It quite common for people to be allergic to latex condoms, that could have caused a tingling in your penis.

Hope that helps
Thanks, but I'm here now, 5 days after with a high fever. So worried. I was pretty sure I'd be ok, but after having a sensitive penis(which feels fine now) I'm convinced I got something from her. Is it possible to get STD effects after a few hours.I'm gonna get checked tomorrow...

Old 08-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Its possible from a std, but unlikley.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Anxiety can produce weird sensations in the genitals. The clinical term for it is Genitally Focused Anxiety. Yes, the mind is that powerful that it can make you think you have an STD, I've seen it on forums dozens of times.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

johnno11 HB User

Just want to say thanks for the replies guys.

Last night I really worked myself up, because my forehead felt like it was burning. I was scared to go to sleep, fearing my symptoms would get worse. In fact I've probably had about 4-5 hours sleep in the last 3 nights. Well today, I woke up, felt Perfect. No fever, what-so-ever..just some pain, on my forehead. I have some slight skin problem, kind of an irritation. It's a little painful. I know it's not a symptom of HiV, so I'm feeling much better.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Good to hear John. As joggen has said, Anxiety really dose create many symptoms and we see this all the time. Some one who is very ill ( risk or no risk ) when they belive they are fine either by testing or not they feel well again, like within hours.

Once you forget about this you will be fine and dandy mate im sure

Old 08-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

johnno11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Good to hear John. As joggen has said, Anxiety really dose create many symptoms and we see this all the time. Some one who is very ill ( risk or no risk ) when they belive they are fine either by testing or not they feel well again, like within hours.

Once you forget about this you will be fine and dandy mate im sure
Well I feel perfectly fine,
I did go to get an STD test, and it came back negative.
So that also cheered me up.
Doctor said the unusual feeling in my penis could be prostitus
Advised me not to drink for 3 weeks.
Unless I get fever like symptons in the next 6 weeks, I'm not gonna bother getting tested. Cheers guys.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

johnno11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
Hi,

Had the condom failed you would have known instantly, they are designed to fail catastrophically and leave neither partner in any doubt. It did not fail.

Your chances of contracting HIV from this are zero. What you have posted does not in any way, shape, form or manner resemble the symptoms of a primary HIV infection and given the fact you were not in the slightest way exposed to HIV they certainly are not related to HIV.

Kevin.
Hi kevin
Can u confirm I would 100% know if condom broke(during intercourse) would the girl know too? The sex only lasted about 30 secs( that's all I need), and was fairly gentle, so this lowers chances right? I don't remember seeing the condom looking broken after we finished, I'd notice this visually yeah? Again I think I'm just paranoid, but I'm still having difficulty getting a good sleep and grtting crazy dreams. HIV symptoms wouldn't appear so soon I guess. Anyway kev if u can just confirm my doubts, you'll give my paranoia I good kick up the arse. Ta

Old 08-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

If the condom fails it looks like a burst balloon, so you just have a rubbe ring around your penis. As this was not the case you have nothing to worry about.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #12
Inactive
(male)

johnno11 HB User

Haha thanks mate
Can u just confirm that ars would be unlikely to be happening at this stage(starting 3/4 days after) Ta. This is the last time I'll post in this thread. I promise!

Old 08-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
Inactive
(male)

johnno11 HB User

Haha thanks mate
Can u just confirm that ars would be unlikely to be happening at this stage(starting 3/4 days after) Ta. This is the last time I'll post in this thread. I promise!

Old 08-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

Ars would not happen that soon, thats for certain john.

Closed Thread