It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 04:17 AM   #1
(male)

heroesolitario HB User
Hiv-1 test in Japan not Hiv-2, should I be worried?

Hello, I am a recovering sex addict;however, had a major relapse and now i cannot sleep, work or think rationally. I had sex with a sex worker in Bali and performed unprotected oral sex. While we had vaginal sex, I wore a condom; however, when i returned to my hotel I noticed that I had a cut on my lower lip from eating a dinner early that night. Also, i am a surfer and I have reef cuts all over my hands from surfing the past few days. (I have Herpes also)

A few day later, I had protected sex with another sex worker; however, she was drunk and felt while going up the stairs of the hotel and scraped her big toe and began to bleed a lot. She clean her cut with toilet paper and it stop bleeding, we had sex 10 to 15 minutes after her cut stopped bleeding; however, we used water to wash our hands and she had her hands all over my back, she scratched me but I did not notice at the time.

That night I had an attack of guilt and shame due to the fact that i am married and my wife is the best thing that could had happened to me. Two days after the second incident and 5 day after the first incident and had a HIV test and came up negative. The doctor was very understanding and performed an STD panel and an HIV test.

I was negative but as soon as I arrived home, I began to have all kind of symptoms: fever, sore throat, rumbling stomach, diarrhea, white tongue, headaches, neck and back pain. Sadly, i had sex with my wife when I arrived home and she had a fever, stomach pain, diarrhea and headaches 10 days after we had sex. I am worry sick. I went an took a Rapid 4th generation HIV test here in Japan on the 27 day from my first encounter and 22 days from my second encounter. The test came out negative; however, I asked the doctor to performed a NAT test also but i don't get the results until this coming Saturday. the doctor also performed a Chlamydia and Gonorrhea test by collecting a sample from my throat.Japan only test for the HIV-1 virus and not for the HIV-2, so even if i am negative for one, I might be positive for the HIV-2

I am going to get the cultured results tomorrow as well as another rapid test because the doctor said that for accurate results the test needs to be a month from the actual act and I cannot wait until Saturday. I am worried sick. I cant think about anything else but the fact that I infected my wife. I don't care about me but she is a good person and do not deserve this. Please, i don't know what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2012, 05:43 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Hiv-1 test in Japan not Hiv-2, should I be worried?

Buddy relax ok? You had protected vaginal sex and were not at a risk of an HIV infection from this. Oral sex is a theoretical risk only and in the entire thirty years HIV as been around there has not been a single verified case of HIV ever being transmitted this way.

You are having HIV tests here for peace of mind, not because you were actually at a risk of an HIV infection. Guilt and worry over what you have done is natural but feeling guilty does not give you HIV and you certainly cannot pass something one that you have no realistic chance of having.

Do yourself a huge favour and stop using HIV as a tool to punish yourself for your indiscretion. It happened it cannot be made to unhappen. Fuelling a needless HIV concern because you feel guilty is doing yourself no favours.

Kevin.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Guilt never changes the pysical risk but it will play havoc in your mind. Whilst you may feel guilty and concerned you were never at risk of hiv. Hiv is passed on via mother to child, sharing a iv needle or having unprotected sex.

As this was not the case i see no risk here. Your cut on the lip is also not a concern.

You have nothing to worry about and you dont need to test for hiv.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
(male)

heroesolitario HB User

Thank you! I get what you are saying but my wife has symptoms comparable with an infection and I have not told her what happened yet. I am going through all the testing; then, I will let her know about me. I have read that a cut and having herpes will increase your chances of catching HIV. I have been having a sore throat, night sweats, headaches and mild fever for 2 to 3 weeks as well as diarrhea. My wife had fever for a couple of days and headaches and stomach ache. she doesn't know; how can she be having symptoms?

My second encounter with a sex worker worries me a lot because the sex worker was bleeding and all though she clean the blood for her toe, and i am not sure if there was droplets of blood on the floor or if she had blood left over on her nails when she was scratching my back. I had reef cuts from surfing the past few days on my legs and hands.

And to add more anxiety to my plate, Japan only test for HIV-1 and not for the HIV-2. What if I am infected with HIV-2 instead of HIV-1?

Today, after work, I will be getting my chlamydia and gonorrhea results. I will ask for another rapid test and a syphilis test as well.

Again, thank you but I don't know for how long I could withstand this stress.

Old 08-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hiv is not a concern as its so rare many experts have not seen a case of it not to mention its more or less confined to africa.

Your wifes symptoms are not hiv related as you were not at risk of hiv, but to say if you thought you was why have unprotected sex with her?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 08-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy please stop letting your mind run away with itself. You misread what you read about it being easier to catch HIV if you have herpes. What you should have read and understand is it easier to contract HIV if you have herpes and are actually exposed to HIV, not that having herpes simply increases your chances of contracting HIV. Buddy it is well known that if you have other sexually transmitted diseases it is easier to contract HIV than a normal healthy person but you have to actually be exposed to HIV in the first place. You were not.

The fact she bleed out of her toe onto the floor means absolutely zero, HIV is instantly non-viable the moment it is exposed to air and any bodily fluid outside the confines of a human body poses absolute zero risk of an HIV infection. Buddy HIV transmission takes place, sexually, within the confines of a human body i.e. when an unprotected penis is inside a vagina or anus.

You are close to over testing territory here also. Please if you are this concerned you only need one test to confirm an HIV status. Many people opt for two though, one at about 6 weeks and a confirmation test at 12 weeks. Over testing and having needless HIV tests carries real dangers. It is know and well documented that HIV test can and do return false posited results (you will test positive even though you have not got HIV). It happens and the effects can be devastating. Buddy do yourself a huge favour get of the HIV scare band wagon, calm down and relax you were nowhere near an HIV infection.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 08-28-2012 at 04:51 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
heroesolitario (08-30-2012)
Old 08-29-2012, 02:39 AM   #7
(male)

heroesolitario HB User

Thank you for taking the time to answer my post.

Today, I went to the health clinic to get my results for the Chlamydia/Gonorrhea test I took last Friday, and perhaps, to take another rapid duo HIV test. However, when I saw the doctor, he already had the NAT results back. He looked at me and said: "good news, your test is negative". He picked up the result's sheet and explained the results of the NAT as well as the negative results for the other test. Afterwards, I showed him a canker that I had in on my tongue and he asked me if i wanted a Syphilis test and I agreed. The test took ten minutes and it was also negative. As he was telling me the results, I felt a sense of joy inside me that I have not felt in couple of months. He told me to test again at the three months mark. He also suggested testing for hepatitis B and C during that time.

Question:
How reliable is the NAT? Should I have a concern with a false positive?

Again, thank your for the words of encouragement.

Old 08-29-2012, 05:59 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Sorry but you have missed the point we are making, you never had a risk of HIV and did not need to test, so any test is accuarte as you never had a risk, You may have well tested for cancer because testing for HIV again is a waste of time buds.

The following user gives a hug of support to Apollo123:
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2012, 05:39 AM   #9
(male)

heroesolitario HB User

I wanted to say thank you for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate the time you took to answer my questions and my concerns. I am calming down gradually. Thank you.

Old 08-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

Thats ok mate, i know it can shake you up, but it will go in time. Really go out the weekend and start enjoying life

Old 08-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #11
(male)

heroesolitario HB User

Cannot go out yet. I have not gone for a Hepatitis test. I sill have some stomach rumbling and still have some fatigue. thank you

Last edited by heroesolitario; 08-31-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Closed Thread