It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
(male)

amartyaindia HB User
Am I at Risk

Hi All,

Writing this after seeing a lot of posts and going through anxiety.

On July 12 2012, I had intercourse with a lady who was introduced to me by a friend. During the intercourse, the condom broke and she was bleeding as well. I asked my freind to request a test from her and he informed me it was negative.

Now after almost 6 weeks I have experienced some flu like symptoms (only swollen tonsils) but I am still worried and keep on looking at what the symptoms are for HIV. Also, please note that I have had sex with many women (known and unknown at massage parlour ladies and freinds) but always used a condom during intercourse. I also have a condition of delayed ejaculation due which was mostly outside the vagina.

Now, can I be sure that i am safe and away from the infection. In our country, home tests are not allowed, hence could not take it at home.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-03-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Old 09-03-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Am I at Risk

Hiya, well her status dose not confirm status although its reassuring. You need to test out to 3 months fir conlusive results but you can take a test now which will give you a good indication of your status.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
(male)

amartyaindia HB User

Thanks Apollo for your response. Actually, those sort of tests are not allowed in our country. Only the 3 month test is allowed.

But honestly, do you think I am at high risk from an initial contact (given that female to male transmission has low chances).

Old 09-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

you have a risk but only a test can confirm your status. A risk is a risk thats all i can.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 09-03-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by amartyaindia View Post
Thanks Apollo for your response. Actually, those sort of tests are not allowed in our country. Only the 3 month test is allowed.

But honestly, do you think I am at high risk from an initial contact (given that female to male transmission has low chances).

Hi,

There is a risk here but it not what would be classed as high. Given the fact you used protection and your exposure was only brief, the fact as you rightly point HIV transmissions from a female to a male is very difficult and in all probability she did not even have HIV, the odds are very much on your favour. But a risk is not zero risk and you should for you own peace of mind get checked out.

Kevin.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #6
(male)

amartyaindia HB User

Well went down to a hospital for the HIV 1 and HIV 2 tests. Will get the report tomorrow - Hoping for the Best and Preparing for the Worst.

Also, called up the lady. She said she had taken another test a week ago and it was negative.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

if she is being honest,you should have nothing to worry about.
most likely everything will turn out ok..
good luck with the test!

Old 09-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
(male)

amartyaindia HB User

Non Reactive. Thanks everyone for help and advice.

Closed Thread