It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
(male)

lpshrtr7 HB User
ARS Questions?!

I have questions about ARS symptoms.
1. ARS Rash - What does it feel like? Is it raised? Are they bumps? Is it red or pink? Is it hard to miss, or noticeable, like something that would make you go oh I have a rash. I went to sleep for a bit woke up with red skin on my side, feels weird, kinda irratetd. On my chest, I have a decent amount of chest hair and i shave it, and well my chest gets itchy. I can't tell if I have a rash or not, like I have to look very close to see my skin color. Would ARS rash be noticeable. Also the girl I had sex with has red bumps all over her chest and her chin, does the rash look like Acne? I couldn't tell if she had acne or a rash. I'm assuming it was acne.

2. Occurance - Does it occur past 4-6 weeks? I had a sexual encounter 11 weeks ago. Could I develop symptoms Tnow?

3. Throat - I know sore throat is a symptom, but is an itchy throat one? Like the back part of my mouth is itchy, and the tube going From my throat is kinda itchy too.

Okay so now that you've read my questions I'll tell to about my exposure, because most people tend to read my story firstly then not read my question because my exposure was actually low BUT, I'll tell you why I'm concerned. So I had sex with a female, and I wore a condom during insertive vaginal. My penis went in for one second, most of it was me rubbing my penis because I couldn't get it in. She gave me oral unprotected, when I took off my condom to ejaculate on her butt there was blood on the outside of the condom. She was bleeding, I probably cut her when I fingered her with my nails. I had a cut from two days before on my finger, it was deep, but at the moment it wasn't bleeding. I have gingivitis and I brushed my teeth before about an hour. We made out and deep kissed. I don't know if the condom broke or something, I know it didn't fall off because I held onto the base. About 2-3 weeks after I saw two doctors one week after the next. I had a burning left tonsil it was slightly red, and I was told I had Post Nasal Drip because I had fluid in my ear. That doctor said I was crazy, my risk was essentially 0, and I need to relax. I was nervous too because my blood pressure was like 160/100. Next week saw my primary for a follow up, told me I had PND, nothing serious, no tonsilitis or anything, said he will put in an HIV test for me because I asked. A week later tonsil pain went away, a week later it came back then went away again. Anyway, in your guys opinion, should I go get tested? My doctor said I can take it whenever I want. I feel like I'm getting symptoms, but I'm not sure. My symptoms don't look like the photos online, but they say everyone is different which has me concerned. Everything I find contradicts everything. I also remember 2-3 weeks after sex, I had a hard time breathing for a week or two, and I had pain in my right lung like a cramp. I never had a fever for more than a day, and if I did have a fever I took a Tylenol and it went away. I had tender armpits for like 2-3 weeks recently, but no lumps and it was in my left armpit. Sometimes my crotch/groin area where the thigh starts hurts but no pain. Am I overreacting? Should I go get tested? Im worried, please help me, it's been 11 weeks since sex and Idk if I should go get tested. The county I live in took a statistics of AIDS/HIV in 2008, no one my age group had HIV. But the girl I had sex with was born in orgeon. I asked her if she had HIV and she said no, on repeated occasions and doesn't talk to me anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: ARS Questions?!

I skipped right over your symptoms, they can NEVER be used to assess or diagnose HIV risks or infections. You are not going to get any person on any forum that has one idea what they are talking about to comment on symptoms. They simply mean crap as far as HIV is concerned.

"I wore a condom during insertive vaginal"
That is all that matters. ZERO risk for HIV because of this. Oral sex is not a risk for HIV, there has not been one single documneted proven case of transmission from it. This is against how many acts or oral sex worldwide? Billions?

You had no risk for HIV, so how can your symptoms possibly be from HIV? The reason everyone goes rigth past your symptoms is that they do not matter.

There is not even a need to test for an encounter like this. But if you are still freaking yourself out, go for a test. Time from exposure does not matter since you were never exposed. Even the poor woman you palgued afterwards by repeatedly asking her HIV status is not talking to you anymore. This is an anxiety issue.

You had no risk for HIV here. Move on from this, buddy. If you cannot, please seek help in addressing your anxiety.

Last edited by SOTM; 09-06-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Closed Thread