It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 13
0lostmind0 HB User
Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

So I'm a gay guy. I me some guy on Craigslist yes I know I'm an idiot ur he gave me a bj. Unprotected. This was my first sexual encounter. I don't feel ready for anal. I'm 21. Yeah I know I'm pretty old to bearly have my first sexual encounter.. But 2 weeks later I started getting HIV acute symptoms. Well I started getting headaches every night, along with that my face always seems tO be burnin up its alwys hot I don't know if it's a fever but it feels so hot for 2 minutes then it goes away. It happens thought the day and started since 2 weeks after. Along with that I started getting alot of random red dots in my back it's not a rash but their scattered dots. Iv never had anything like that. Along with that I was having dizzyness. Stomah pains in the morning. The encounter was on July 23, and I'm still having hot face and random dots. I can't get it out of my head and I'm to terrified to test for HIV. From what iv been reading on this forum no one has been infected this way. I don't know what I'll do if I'm the first. And from my first encounter as well. Iv grown mentally unstable since iv been only thinking about this and how I made a mistake and how my life may be on the line. It's all I think about. I'm paranoid I know this forum isn't for mental problems but my mentality has shifted iv grown scared and grown distorted in personality this inferential has really put me in a panic. I didn't have cuts and their was no blood from his mouth but what can explain my hot face and dots and dizzyness is it all some coinicence.. I don't want to test... I feel like I'll Colapse at the clinic.. If I'm possitive from this. I don't have stomach pains any more and I'm not dizzy anymore but my face gets hot randomly and the dots keep showing up. Not just that but since the incedent everytime I go out into the sun I get red dots on my skin? Why?? Only when I go in the sun. But the dots are different than from my back! Someone please help me don't flag me for sounding crazy please I'm just scared

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 09-07-2012, 02:33 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: england
Posts: 6,173
Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

Hiya, well as you had read many posts here you will very much know the answer im going to give you. What you do then is up to you, but as you know your parnoia is controlling your emtotions and common sence, you need to take a deep breath and calm down.

Oral sex is just not a risk of HIV and certainly not when having it preformed on yourself. Saliva dose not carry any active HIV antibodys, thats why kissing is not a risk of HIV. As their was no blood, their is zero chance of you getting HIV from this, ZERO.

Their is of course a chance for std's but only a test will confirm that. Now before you mention symptoms, no idea what they are but they are certainly not anything to do with HIV thats for sure.

Hope that helps.
__________________
“Morality is only moral when it is voluntary.”

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

 
Old 09-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,783
blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

Hi,

Buddy, words to the wise here. You need to stop letting your over active imagination getting away with itself. HIV is not spread through what you have described. Nobody, not a single person, in the entire 30 years HIV as been around as ever contracted HIV from receiving oral sex.

You were not even close “to putting your life on the line”, not as though HIV is now a life threading disease. Buddy it is 2012, HIV although not curable is treatable and manageable, please stop living in the 80’s ok? You don’t want to test? You don’t even have to test, so spare us the drama and hysteria over this.

If you are going to continue to have an active sexual life, you need to learn here mate. Seriously learn how HIV is and is not transmitted. It is transmitted sexually through unprotected anal and /or vaginal sex. To protect yourself form HIV all you have to do is use condoms, yep it really is that simple.

Now please do yourself a huge favour and get on with your life, HIV is not in it, other than inside your over active imagination.

Kevin.

 
Old 09-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 13
0lostmind0 HB User
Re: Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
Hi,

Buddy, words to the wise here. You need to stop letting your over active imagination getting away with itself. HIV is not spread through what you have described. Nobody, not a single person, in the entire 30 years HIV as been around as ever contracted HIV from receiving oral sex.

You were not even close “to putting your life on the line”, not as though HIV is now a life threading disease. Buddy it is 2012, HIV although not curable is treatable and manageable, please stop living in the 80’s ok? You don’t want to test? You don’t even have to test, so spare us the drama and hysteria over this.

If you are going to continue to have an active sexual life, you need to learn here mate. Seriously learn how HIV is and is not transmitted. It is transmitted sexually through unprotected anal and /or vaginal sex. To protect yourself form HIV all you have to do is use condoms, yep it really is that simple.

Now please do yourself a huge favour and get on with your life, HIV is not in it, other than inside your over active imagination.

Kevin.
Thank you guys for your support it mean alot you guys have calmed me down. The main reason why I'm scared though is because everytime I go out in the sun I get red spots in my skin. I have read articles on how people with HIV can less resistance towards sunlight and get weird things in their skin. It frightens me how right after I got a bj I started getting red spots when I go out into the sun. Would you be frightend? Honestly?

 
Old 09-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 3,838
smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

stop reading articles about hiv
that is putting the wrong ideas into your head!

i have hiv and i do have minor skin issues BUT
it took over 10 years before any of it started
not weeks,not months..it took YEARS
a decade to be exact!
you are getting incomplete/out of context information
and trying to compare yourself to it!

go find better things to consume
your time with!
you are only wasting it spending even one second
worrying about hiv!
the reasons are listed above..

 
The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
0lostmind0 (09-07-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 13
0lostmind0 HB User
Re: Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
stop reading articles about hiv
that is putting the wrong ideas into your head!

i have hiv and i do have minor skin issues BUT
it took over 10 years before any of it started
not weeks,not months..it took YEARS
a decade to be exact!
you are getting incomplete/out of context information
and trying to compare yourself to it!

go find better things to consume
your time with!
you are only wasting it spending even one second
worrying about hiv!
the reasons are listed above..
Sorry for sounding chaotic it's just a panic I'm going through.. It just didn't as up to me any off it.. I'll try to get it out of my head..

 
Old 09-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 3,838
smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

running around and comparing yourself is a waste of time
with hiv.
it effects each person differently so there is no way to distinguish it
from other virus.
we know you are ok because nobody gets infected with hiv
thru oral sex.
so whatever you are feeling is being caused by something else.

 
Old 09-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 13
0lostmind0 HB User
smiteler,
Thank you for your time an patience I do appreciate it. Though Im still a bit shooken up I'll have to get over it eventually.

Apollo123,
Apollo I understand you say it's 0%. But looking at the symptoms I gave you including the dots when I go out in the sun would you say their was some thing odd going on? I'm being serious. Not trying to sound hysterical. Monday I will go to planned parenthood and don't know what to expect. If in fact (pray it doesnt) but say it does show possitive what Happnens then? I'm 19 I can't afford medication it's my biggest fear. Will I litterally go down as the HIV freak accident ? I won't live with my self if I am.. I just wish I could take it all back it was a horrible mistake I made. Horrible..

Last edited by Mod-S4; 09-07-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Posts merged, quotes removed.

 
Old 09-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: US
Posts: 563
SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

You cannot say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lostmind0 View Post
Apollo I understand you say it's 0%.
Then say this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lostmind0 View Post
But looking at the symptoms I gave you including the dots when I go out in the sun would you say their was some thing odd going on?
You are NOT getting what we are saying here, that there is ZERO rsik from oral sex. That means that any symptom on the planet could not possibly be from HIV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lostmind0 View Post
Monday I will go to planned parenthood and don't know what to expect.
After you test, which will be negative, you will come back and realize just how silly you are being here. Its OK, but it is frustrating to watch someon ignore every bit of 100% correct advice given to them and march on with their anxiety.

You are already creating scenarios of needing HIV medication!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lostmind0 View Post
I just wish I could take it all back it was a horrible mistake I made. Horrible..
You can't. Your guilt over what you did has ZERO impact on HIV. You DID NOT GET HIV FROM ORAL SEX!

You will obviously not be listening to any advice here. GO for your HIV test, and please report back with your negative result.I wish I was able to make a bet with you, I could stand to make a killing

Relax!!! You are fine!!

 
The Following User Says Thank You to SOTM For This Useful Post:
0lostmind0 (09-07-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #10
Facilitator
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: england
Posts: 6,173
Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

Olo, what you have not understood is their is not way of getting HIV from this. He has more or less just kissed you on your body hasnt he? He has only put saliva on your body, with does not carry an active HIV virus, which is why kissing is fine. You need to listen to all the advice, and understand it.

Only because your scarred that dose not manufacture a risk. The facts of HIV transmission is quite simple and that is unprotected sex is the only way of getting HIV apart from sharing a IV needle.
__________________
“Morality is only moral when it is voluntary.”

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

 
The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
0lostmind0 (09-08-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 13
0lostmind0 HB User
Re: Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTM View Post
You cannot say this:



Then say this:



You are NOT getting what we are saying here, that there is ZERO rsik from oral sex. That means that any symptom on the planet could not possibly be from HIV.



After you test, which will be negative, you will come back and realize just how silly you are being here. Its OK, but it is frustrating to watch someon ignore every bit of 100% correct advice given to them and march on with their anxiety.

You are already creating scenarios of needing HIV medication!!



You can't. Your guilt over what you did has ZERO impact on HIV. You DID NOT GET HIV FROM ORAL SEX!

You will obviously not be listening to any advice here. GO for your HIV test, and please report back with your negative result.I wish I was able to make a bet with you, I could stand to make a killing

Relax!!! You are fine!!

Thank you so much. It was your response that snapped me out of the panic.. I see now how hysterical iv been hopefully for nothing. I apriciate it so much!

 
Old 09-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 13
0lostmind0 HB User
Re: Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTM View Post
You cannot say this:



Then say this:



You are NOT getting what we are saying here, that there is ZERO rsik from oral sex. That means that any symptom on the planet could not possibly be from HIV.



After you test, which will be negative, you will come back and realize just how silly you are being here. Its OK, but it is frustrating to watch someon ignore every bit of 100% correct advice given to them and march on with their anxiety.

You are already creating scenarios of needing HIV medication!!



You can't. Your guilt over what you did has ZERO impact on HIV. You DID NOT GET HIV FROM ORAL SEX!

You will obviously not be listening to any advice here. GO for your HIV test, and please report back with your negative result.I wish I was able to make a bet with you, I could stand to make a killing

Relax!!! You are fine!!
Tommorow I will be going to the clinic at this point my nerves have kicked in. Reciving oral is all iv ever done yet it caused torment to me mentally. If my results come possitive tommorow that basicly means I'm one unlucky guy. Maybe it's my time to go.. I wouldn't be scared if it wasn't for the bumps in my skin the fevers and stomach pains I got soon after my sexual encounter. Pray to god my mortality won't be challenged tommorow.. :/

 
Old 09-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: US
Posts: 563
SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lostmind0 View Post
If my results come possitive tommorow that basicly means I'm one unlucky guy. Maybe it's my time to go.. I wouldn't be scared if it wasn't for the bumps in my skin the fevers and stomach pains I got soon after my sexual encounter. Pray to god my mortality won't be challenged tommorow.. :/
They won't come back positive. What more can be said? You're going to needlessly lead up to tomorrow all freaked out, sweating to death while the rapid results happen....then feel silly when they come back negative, which they will.

For what its worht, I came here under a similar thing. I was totally convinced that my "symptoms" I had ( swollen joints, arthritis, body aches) MUST be from HIV. I mean how could they not, I had just had oral sex performed on me by a streetwalker. A rather blech one at that, and I didn't even have alcohol to blame .

I was told the same thing by Apollo, Kev, and smiteler....ZERO risk. I still freaked myself out and tested multiple times. ZERO RISK!! Looking back I laugh at my anxiety over it, you will as well. I would not even bother testing from a situation such as yours. There is simply no need, but hopefully you will have learned more about HIV and its real risks....unprotected vaginal and anal sex.

Good luck and calm down. Please report back.

 
The Following User Says Thank You to SOTM For This Useful Post:
0lostmind0 (09-09-2012)
Old 09-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 13
0lostmind0 HB User
Re: Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTM View Post
They won't come back positive. What more can be said? You're going to needlessly lead up to tomorrow all freaked out, sweating to death while the rapid results happen....then feel silly when they come back negative, which they will.

For what its worht, I came here under a similar thing. I was totally convinced that my "symptoms" I had ( swollen joints, arthritis, body aches) MUST be from HIV. I mean how could they not, I had just had oral sex performed on me by a streetwalker. A rather blech one at that, and I didn't even have alcohol to blame .

I was told the same thing by Apollo, Kev, and smiteler....ZERO risk. I still freaked myself out and tested multiple times. ZERO RISK!! Looking back I laugh at my anxiety over it, you will as well. I would not even bother testing from a situation such as yours. There is simply no need, but hopefully you will have learned more about HIV and its real risks....unprotected vaginal and anal sex.

Good luck and calm down. Please report back.
Thank you.. Good to know you at least m ke where I'm coming from.. I will tell you my results tommorow..

 
Old 09-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: new jersey
Posts: 3,838
smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Absolute paranoia oral sex HIV hysterical

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lostmind0 View Post
If my results come possitive tommorow that basicly means I'm one unlucky guy. Maybe it's my time to go.. :/
i have to ask
where the heck are you going to?

i was infected myself with hiv
14 years ago
i haven't gone anywhere..

your logic with this
is like you still live in the 80's!
your fear is obviously from lack of education or
you are getting fed the wrong information
as a person who lives with hiv
i'm amazed at your train of thought here

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Can anyone calm my paranoia? CgWildcat HIV Prevention 4 12-31-2011 06:00 PM
Fear and paranoia Freakedoutm HIV Prevention 5 01-05-2011 09:54 AM
HIV worries....am I just being hysterical? smitmat11 HIV Prevention 1 09-17-2010 12:00 AM
Please help me ease my paranoia Mike2112 HIV Prevention 1 07-26-2006 04:11 PM
Paranoia? Yakins HIV Prevention 4 10-28-2004 02:48 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



Apollo123 (877), blokecalledkev (443), smiteler (422), joggen (167), SOTM (96), guyfromnorth (50), Kszan (24), capehatteras (10), NervousNelly1 (10), nyxin (9)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1166), MSJayhawk (1000), Apollo123 (899), Titchou (835), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (758), ladybud (747), sammy64 (668), midwest1 (665), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:29 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.com™ All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!