It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
(male)

Blackley HB User
What options available after possible exposure?

I tried to have protected sex with a sex worker but was in no state to do it. I ended up giving her cunnilingus for quite a long time and receiving oral from her as well. My mouth is in a decent state but I do need a small filling done on a tooth.

I thought nothing more of it and then 10 days after the exposure I came down with really bad diarrhea which lasted 3 and a half days. The diarrhea was as bad as I have ever known and I was getting really bad cramps in my stomach for the first day. Also I got the chills and a high temperature for about 4 hours after the diarrhea started. I had no other symptoms at all, no lympth nodes raised or any rash.

It is 2 weeks now since my exposure and all I have no symptoms at all. I have booked in to speak to someone at a GUM clinic on Thursday. I am a little worried and was wondering what my options are in relation to testing?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User
Re: What options available after possible exposure?

Hi,

So long as you appreciate you are testing for HIV for peace of mind other than any realistic risk you will be fine. Oral sex, giving and receiving, remains firmly in the realms of theoretical and in the entire 30 years HIV as been around there is not a single scientifically verified case of HIV ever being transmitted this way.

Regardless of the HIV status of the women involved you were not at risk here. If you have doubts and wish to test for peace of mind then the earliest you will an accurate result would be six weeks after this episode. You should expect negative results.

Your ailments cannot be commented on within this setting but if they are of concern please speak to a doctor, given what you have posted and the fact they donít even resemble ARS symptoms , it is reasonable to say they are not related to HIV nor this incident.

Kevin.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
Blackley (09-10-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
(male)

Blackley HB User

Thank you for your reply Kevin

I am going for my own peace of mind to be honest and just to get my sexual health checked out in general.

I have slept with about 4 other sex workers at different times over the last 12 months. This was my first one for over 3 months. Most of the times I have been in that bad a state that I was unable to have full penetrative sex and ended up performing oral on each other and me using my fingers on them. When I have managed sex then I have used protection. Strange behavior I know and and there must be better things for me to spend my money on.

I think it is time I got myself checked out. A test now will put my mind at rest over any previous encounter I have had and it will be good to make sure my overall sexual health is in order. If I get any other symptoms in the up coming weeks then I will take another test in the future.

I have had a look around the site today as I was a bit worried. I would say well done to the members of this forum. One thing it has done is highlighted my lack of understanding to what aids is and how it actually works. It is a sad state of affairs in the uk in regards to the education of the illness. as it is practically non existent and what there is just tends to be scare mongering ,which in turns leaves people with an ignorant attitude towards HIV.

Hopefully I am just getting in a fret and my bout of diarrhea just came too near my drunken escapade. Good luck to everyone on here and hopefully we all have a bright and prosperous future.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

No problem and thank you for your kind words. Buddy for somebody who is sexually active like yourself getting checked out regularly is advisable. Most people would advise an annual sexual check up. If and when you decide to get checked out please donít get all worked up about it and simply view it like any other medical check up and certainly on the HIV front there is nothing for you concern yourself over.

Despite the fear that HIV still generated, it really is an extremely difficult virus to transmit sexually form one person to another. There are other STDs that are far easier to contract than HIV and having a full screening for them is not a bad idea.

In the mean time do yourself a huge favour, stay off Google. Google is not your friend where HIV is concerned, there is more than enough rubbish written online about it to freak anybody out. Please stay off the net and occupy your mind with other things. Dwelling on HIV and the bouncing around the net really is the very worst thing anybody could do.

Kevin.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
(male)

Blackley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
Hi,

No problem and thank you for your kind words. Buddy for somebody who is sexually active like yourself getting checked out regularly is advisable. Most people would advise an annual sexual check up. If and when you decide to get checked out please don’t get all worked up about it and simply view it like any other medical check up and certainly on the HIV front there is nothing for you concern yourself over.

Despite the fear that HIV still generated, it really is an extremely difficult virus to transmit sexually form one person to another. There are other STDs that are far easier to contract than HIV and having a full screening for them is not a bad idea.

In the mean time do yourself a huge favour, stay off Google. Google is not your friend where HIV is concerned, there is more than enough rubbish written online about it to freak anybody out. Please stay off the net and occupy your mind with other things. Dwelling on HIV and the bouncing around the net really is the very worst thing anybody could do.

Kevin.

Your right Kevin in regards to looking on the net about symptoms. I worked myself right up today after reading various articles.

It has given me a scare and it has shown me that I need to be a lot more responsible. Hopefully I will be alright and I can take some positives in that I am going to put more care into my over all sexual health. Plus it has given me more of an understanding into what hiv actually is.

Thanks for your help and advice, I really appreciate it

Last edited by Blackley; 09-10-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Closed Thread