It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
(male)

DavidThe HB User
HIV Exposure Terrified, Please Help.

Hi, about 10 days ago I had went down on a prostitute. When I was done I noticed I had a cut on the inside of my lip. I am terrified. On Saturday I got the sniffles and sore throat and I think swollen lymph nodes. I am terrified I have HIV!

Old 09-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: HIV Exposure Terrified, Please Help.

Oral sex is not a rsik for HIV and symptoms are never used as assessing, diagnosing, or guessing on HIV infection.

Saliva is very harsh to HIV, hence why kissing is zero risk as well. There has not been one documneted/proven case of HIV transmitted via oral sex, and you are not going to be the first. Besides, it is highly unlikely she had HIV in the first place.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
(male)

DavidThe HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTM View Post
Oral sex is not a rsik for HIV and symptoms are never used as assessing, diagnosing, or guessing on HIV infection.

Saliva is very harsh to HIV, hence why kissing is zero risk as well. There has not been one documneted/proven case of HIV transmitted via oral sex, and you are not going to be the first. Besides, it is highly unlikely she had HIV in the first place.
Thanks! Even with the cut on the inside of my mouth? It looked like a pin***** and next to it there looked like a top layer of skin was missing, about the size of the head of a pin.

When I got home I squeezed the pin***** and I might have seen blood leak out, not sure.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
(male)

robby822 HB User

im in the same boat as you at the moment...they say hiv is not transmitted via oral but there is a theoretcal chance... so in theory if she had a cut or an open sore that was bleeding and so did you to my understanding that there is a slight chance! so we prolly dont even have a chance since no one has ever got it..

im real scared too! im going to try to get tested at 3 months and move on.. best of luck to us both. God Bless!

Old 09-11-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidThe View Post
Thanks! Even with the cut on the inside of my mouth? It looked like a pin***** and next to it there looked like a top layer of skin was missing, about the size of the head of a pin.

When I got home I squeezed the pin***** and I might have seen blood leak out, not sure.

I would not be at all worried were it me .

Old 09-11-2012, 11:49 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidThe View Post
Hi, about 10 days ago I had went down on a prostitute.
Then their is NO risk of HIV. The mouth has over a dozen emymes and proteins that would make the virus inactive, you would not be at risk.

When I was done I noticed I had a cut on the inside of my lip. I am terrified.
It would not be deep enough for a concern and her fluids would not contain any active virus anyway, although its unlikey she even had HIV.
On Saturday I got the sniffles and sore throat and I think swollen lymph nodes. I am terrified I have HIV!
Being scared does not increase the risk of HIV. Thew facts are quite straight forward, you didnt have a risk and you dont need to test.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 09-12-2012, 04:29 AM   #7
(male)

DavidThe HB User

I am afraid cause I think I got the cut while going down on her, she had shaved *****ly pubic hairs. Also, after I went down on her and we started having protected sex we had to stop because it was painful for her. Indicating cuts in her vagina? I called her after and she said she had had gallbladder surgery a week before and that is why she couldn't have sex. She could have been lying...plus these swollen lymph nodes..what do you think the risk is now.

Closed Thread