It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 02:14 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Alangrint HB User
HIV and oral

Hi I'm a new comer to this site. You ae all doing a great job here may I say. My question is is HIV transferred through oral sex? I'm 21 and give and recived oral sex from a man I met at a bar. Foolish mistake. I didn't do actual intercourse because I know the risk of HIV is drastically raised. SoI used alot of teeth. I don't know if he may have bleeded. If In the case say he was HIV + and that's just me jumping to conclusions, would HIV have been transferred if he bleeded and I sucked? I didn't have any cuts in my mouth that I'm aware of. I didn't brush my teeh either so no gum bleeding would accrue. Please get back with me. As for as me are my risks really 0% I asked a doctor her response was "in this world anything can happen", so I'm a bit scared. Not frantically running around just something runnin in the back of my head. It is a scary thought. Please get back thank you

Last edited by Administrator; 09-14-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Old 09-12-2012, 02:43 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
re: HIV and oral

HIV is not passed on via oral sex. Salvia in the mouth does not carry ant active antibodies. The mouth is also a perfect barrier to protect against HIV due to it's hostile enviroment.

Now he would not be bleeding at all, if you had made him bleed he would gave been in to much pain to continue with sex.

So in 30 years of recording HIV their are no reliable reported cases of HIV transmission and your not going to be the first.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Alangrint HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
HIV is not passed on via oral sex. Salvia in the mouth does not carry ant active antibodies. The mouth is also a perfect barrier to protect against HIV due to it's hostile enviroment.

Now he would not be bleeding at all, if you had made him bleed he would gave been in to much pain to continue with sex.

So in 30 years of recording HIV their are no reliable reported cases of HIV transmission and your not going to be the first.

Hope that helps
I hear what your saying say he was possitive, and say I was a bit ruff and caused him to bleed a bit just a bit. What would be my risk? I gave him oral for a good 20 minutes if he may have bleeded a bit I'm sure I swollowed the blood or at least came in contact with it. Would you suggest I take an HIV test? I'm not paranoid I'm just curious to know because the CDC says it is a possibility and if I did bite him I'm sure microscopic blood was present.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alangrint View Post
I hear what your saying say he was possitive, and say I was a bit ruff and caused him to bleed a bit just a bit. What would be my risk? I gave him oral for a good 20 minutes if he may have bleeded a bit I'm sure I swollowed the blood or at least came in contact with it. Would you suggest I take an HIV test? I'm not paranoid I'm just curious to know because the CDC says it is a possibility and if I did bite him I'm sure microscopic blood was present.
You hear what he was saying, but still are trying to create risks?

There are a lot of "ifs and maybes" in your post. I will quote this part of Apollos post:
"So in 30 years of recording HIV their are no reliable reported cases of HIV transmission and your not going to be the first."

Your partner was most liley HIV negative. You were not rough enough to cause him to bleed....what guy would not recoil in pain from that? You are creating scenarios based on anxiety.

Oral sex is not a risk. There are simply no doucmented cases of it happening and you are not going to be the first. I would not even bother testing or thinking about it.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Alangrint HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTM View Post
You hear what he was saying, but still are trying to create risks?

There are a lot of "ifs and maybes" in your post. I will quote this part of Apollos post:
"So in 30 years of recording HIV their are no reliable reported cases of HIV transmission and your not going to be the first."

Your partner was most liley HIV negative. You were not rough enough to cause him to bleed....what guy would not recoil in pain from that? You are creating scenarios based on anxiety.

Oral sex is not a risk. There are simply no doucmented cases of it happening and you are not going to be the first. I would not even bother testing or thinking about it.
I'm just asking either way for future knowledge. And well he did say ouch more than once.. Just answer my question please say their was minor blood microscopic to say, would I be at risk? Just asking please don't get mad

Old 09-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Quote:
I'm just asking either way for future knowledge. And well he did say ouch more than once.. Just answer my question please say their was minor blood microscopic to say, would I be at risk? Just asking please don't get mad
You are not asking for "future knowledge", you are trying to think of reasons why you would be an exception to what has been stated here.

YOU WERE NOT AT RISK FOR HIV!!!

Please move on

Last edited by SOTM; 09-12-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Alangrint HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTM View Post
You are not asking for "future knowledge", you are trying to think of reasons why you would be an exception to what has been stated here.

YOU WERE NOT AT RISK FOR HIV!!!

Please move on
Augh !!!!!!!! If their was a bit of blood would salvia destroy the virus !!!! Can someone just answer this question?!,!,!!,!;!:!??!?!?!?!?!?

Old 09-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Augh !!!!!!!! If their was a bit of blood would salvia destroy the virus !!!! Can someone just answer this question?!,!,!!,!;!:!??!?!?!?!?!?
the mouth and digestive system is a harsh enviorment
for hiv to survive.
even if you ingested infected fluids
the enzines and protiens in your saliva would
repell away the virus and the
acids in your stomach would kill it.
hiv infections happen most of the time
when the hosts blood is introduced to the blood
of the person who gets infected
usually thru unprotected vaginal or anal sex
or iv drug use.

that is why you should always use a condom
for intercourse unless you know your partners status
thru testing only.
you should not be concerned about getting
hiv thru oral sex.
your concerns about oral sex should be with other std's

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
Alangrint (09-12-2012)
Old 09-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Alangrint HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
for hiv to survive.
or iv drug use.

thru testing only.
hiv thru oral sex.

Thank you that answers my question

Old 09-13-2012, 12:04 AM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Alangrint HB User

Quote:
for hiv to survive.
or iv drug use.

thru testing only.
hiv thru oral sex.

What would it actually take though in order for HIV transmutation to happen from giving oral sex? I know for sure I didn't have any cuts or sores in my mouth and he didn't ejaculate in my mouth but I'm not sure if he may have bled. What worse case senerio would need to take place in order for HIV to be exposed during giving oral? I'm afraid I'll be worrying till November now for this augh......

Old 09-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Alangrint HB User

Quote:
for hiv to survive.
or iv drug use.

thru testing only.
hiv thru oral sex.

I forgot to mention I couldn't handle it and threw up 2 times all over him. Would vomit in anyways effect this matter?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:59 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Quote:
I forgot to mention I couldn't handle it and threw up 2 times all over him. Would vomit in anyways effect this matter?
No.

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
Alangrint (09-13-2012)
Closed Thread