It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #1
(male)

ian h HB User
pre-ejaculate & anal fissure - Risk?

hi all,

If anyone has a take on the risk of the following I would be extremely grateful

I performed oral sex on a guy who I now strongly suspect to have HIV for approx 5 minutes. He didn’t ***. There may have been pre-*** in my mouth it was difficult to tell. He performed oral and rimmed me until I came. However whilst changing around his penis prodded around my anus. There was no penetration, but it definitely rubbed. However I have an anal fissure there. Although I don’t recall it bleeding or being particularly sore that day I cant help but think what if pre *** got into the cut, especially as I have a reocurrent tear there

i intend to test at 13 weeks but wondering if you had any thoughts?

Old 09-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: pre-ejaculate & anal fissure - Risk?

Hi Ian.

Well oral sex and rimming are not a risk for HIV transmission as im sure you already know. Now the prod you mention would agin be no risk.

HIV cannot replicate outside the body as once exposed to air it breaks down very quickly. Also your cut would not be deep enough to create any concern. Its nothing more than a paper cut as such and that would heal straight away but it also would not be deep enough to get into your blood stream. Of course thats saying he had HIV which is unlikley and that seaman got near, which again is unlikley.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #3
(male)

ian h HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Hi Ian.

Well oral sex and rimming are not a risk for HIV transmission as im sure you already know. Now the prod you mention would agin be no risk.

HIV cannot replicate outside the body as once exposed to air it breaks down very quickly. Also your cut would not be deep enough to create any concern. Its nothing more than a paper cut as such and that would heal straight away but it also would not be deep enough to get into your blood stream. Of course thats saying he had HIV which is unlikley and that seaman got near, which again is unlikley.

Hope that helps
thanks for your response Apollo, it is really appreciated. I know you probably think I'm just panicking and just think the guy had HIV because of that, but I posed as someone else oneline and asked him outright and he definitely indicated he had HIV. The only thing I could think of is that in blind panic I misread HPV but I'm sure that i never.

Over the weekend I developed flu like symptomns. 'So what' you probably think. Well I typically NEVER get colds or flu, but I developed a really sore throat, diarrhoea and a dry cough.

Someone on my team has a similar cough to me so just hoping that it;s something I've got via the aircon. Roll on another 8 weeks

Old 09-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Its not HIV ian as you will not get HIV from oral sex, that will be proved if you test. We all get colds and if you have got to this age without a cold its nothing short of a miricle.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 09-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
(male)

ian h HB User

I get colds like the rest of people, but just so rarely. Even without the scare having a heavy cold/flu would be a cause for concern for me as its really quite rare.

Why do some health professionals indicate that HIV could in theory be transmitted via oral sex/anal fissure?

Please note I'm not doubting you just interested as to why differences in opinion on HIV transmission are seemingly widespread

Old 09-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

WEll ive not seen anything about anal fissure but oral sex is possible if you had your teeth pulled out and gave oral sex because the blood would be a risk or if you had your teeth out and sperm was in their, but these are extreme circumstances and not the case for yourself.

Closed Thread