It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
(female)

Geenie HB User
Oral question. Giving fellatio.

Hello,

A month ago I gave a fellatio to a guy and now I'm really concerned if I could be infected. It was a brief blowjob cause I was not really into what I was doing, maybe less than 30 seconds and I think I didn't tasted any pre ***.

On that day, I was very drunk and had used tooth stick to clean some food on my teeth, and that might had caused some small cuts on my gum. I also got a carie.

16 days after this encounter I had a HIV test (recombinant antigens GP41(ENV) and P24(GAG) for HIV-1 and GP36(ENV) for HIV-2) as I do every year and tested negative.

Was there any risk on this encounter? Even taking in consideration my gums might be cut, I had a carie and was drunk?

Since I took the test 16 days after the encounter, how accurate would be the results? I know the test should be done after 3 months but how accurate 16 days after would be? any?

Thank you,

Old 09-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
(female)

Geenie HB User
Re: Oral question. Giving fellatio.

In addition to that post, if that matter, my antibody result was 0,2 and its said below 1,0 its not reagent. Does this helps answering my second question about taking the test after 16 days. Would the antibody count be possibly higher in case of infection?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

Nobody, not a single person, as ever contracted HIV from what you have described. HIV has been around for thirty years now and there has not been a single verified case of anybody contracting HIV form oral sex.

Your test at 16 days is extremely accurate because you were not in the slightest way exposed to an HIV infection, even if your partner had HIV, which in itself is extremely unlikely.

You have not compromised your HIV status in the slightest by what you have described and you really should forget all notions you may have of testing out to 3 months. The only people that should test out to 3 months are those that have been exposed to an HIV infection. You were not.

Kevin.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
(female)

Geenie HB User

Thank you Kevin,

Even with a dental carie and gum cut?

For a peace of mind, do you have anything to say about the test after 16 days? How accurate it is? Read on some sites the p24 antigen could detect an early infection ...

Old 09-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

even with
you are not getting hiv in that way.
no sense in cutting hairs
with types of tests and window periods.
you can test for a piece of mind but
the outcome is already predetermined..
you will test out negative.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

With or without denial care and gums cuts your risk of an HIV infection still remains zero. The mouth, unlike the vagina or anus is a fortress, protecting you from viral infections. HIV is an extremely fragile virus which is easily damaged. The mouth is full of saliva which contains enzymes and proteins that break down the very fragile outer shell of HIV, rendering it non-viable (non-infectious).

If you wish to keep testing for something that you have absolutely zero chance of having of peace of mind this is your call. I can only advise you that you are wasting your time and energies on this. Your test at 16 days is irrelevant and had you actually had a risk of an HIV infection, which you did not, does not reflect in anyway your HIV status. Had you been exposed to HIV, again which you were not, an HIV antibody test at 6 weeks would accurately reflect your HIV status. As it is your 16 day, needless, HIV test is to be honest meaningless, because you have not been exposed to HIV.

P24 by the way peaks at 4 weeks, so had it been present, which it clearly was a not because you have not been in the slightest way exposed to an HIV infection, it would have likely have been detected.

Do yourself a huge favour here, get off the HIV fear bandwagon that many people jump on because they have done something they later regret and get on with your life. HIV is not in it, the only person bringing HIV into your life is you. The reality is it is not there.

Kevin.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
(female)

Geenie HB User

Thank you for the answer guys, this gave a bit of peace to my mind.

Kevin, you said p24 peaks at 4 weeks, so at 16 days would it be detectable?

Asking more to educate myself than worrying.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

i tested positive myself at 19 days.
i'm sure i would of tested positive at least
10 to 14 days sooner if i was tested at that time going by how i felt
at the time.
for you,
none of this matters because
you were never exposed to the hiv virus in the first place.

Old 09-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #9
(female)

Geenie HB User

Ok smiteler, thank you.

What you mean at the other post by "no sense in cutting hairs"? I said cut gum.

Thanks,

Old 09-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You never had risk of hiv, so whats your point?

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 10-01-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
(female)

Geenie HB User

Thanks Apollo213,

I'm just a bit anxious and looking to educate myself. How accurate is that test after 2 weeks? And after 4 weeks?

Sorry for keeping asking but your words seems to calm me down a bit.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hiya geenie. Well 4 weeks depending on the test will be between 90 - 95% conclusive, but its just a pointless taking a test as it will be negative

Really stop worrying, this cannot be the first oral sex you have done, so trust the facts you are fine.

Hope that helps a little

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 10-01-2012, 01:01 PM   #13
(female)

Geenie HB User

Hello Apolo123, thank you.

The test I took after 16 days was HIV test (recombinant antigens GP41(ENV) and P24(GAG) for HIV-1 and GP36(ENV) for HIV-2). I read the P24 can detect an early infection from around 10 days, is it true?

I'm trying to calm down, but the person I hanged up with I would say it's in a high risk group due some circumstance I think think it's needed to mention.

And I have this "bad habit" of using tooth sticks to clean my teeth that is worrying, cause everytime I use I injure my mouth/gum.

Old 10-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geenie View Post
Hello Apolo123, thank you.

The test I took after 16 days was HIV test (recombinant antigens GP41(ENV) and P24(GAG) for HIV-1 and GP36(ENV) for HIV-2). I read the P24 can detect an early infection from around 10 days, is it true?

No thats not true. Your are looking at 20 days earliest, certainly not at 10 days.

I'm trying to calm down, but the person I hanged up with I would say it's in a high risk group due some circumstance I think think it's needed to mention.

They are incorrect. Its been proved over 30 years that at best, its therorectical but take into account the billions of oral exposures every day, if it was a risk HIV experts would tell us, as it is they conclude its not a risk.

And I have this "bad habit" of using tooth sticks to clean my teeth that is worrying, cause everytime I use I injure my mouth/gum.
Still not a risk, they dont go deep enough to get into your blood stream.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:11 AM   #15
(female)

Geenie HB User

Thank you for your patient answering my questions and anxiety. But my anxiety was extremely yesterday and I took another test that came negative. The antibody results on the first test was 0,2 and now its 0,18. Being lower than the first test tells something? If I was in a process of infection this number would be peaking?

Thank you,

Closed Thread