It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #1
(male)

Sanskrit232 HB User
Worries and fears

Ok so, here is my story. I am separated from my wife and thought I was getting divorced. So I decided to engage in some wild oat sowing and explore some bisexual tendencies I have never acted out on. So I recently had 2 sexual encounters with men I did not know very well. One was protected anal sex, where I was the bottom, that one doesn't really concern me very much, we used protection and the condom did not break. And that guy had test results from a week previously that he showed me that we're negative. The second encounter is the one that has me freaking out. It was unprotected oral sex where I was the one giving the blowjob to him. It was the first and only time I have engaged in oral sex with a man. Anyway he came in my mouth and I spit it out within 60 seconds of him doing that. So my fear is how at risk have I put myself by letting this guy ejaculate in my mouth? I had a PCR RNA test as a result of the anal sex and it was negative and the antibody test shows me as negative back beyond July 1st. The problem is the oral sex only happened 3 weeks ago and I am worried I might be infected. My mind is doing a number on me and I am thinking I see symptoms all the time. Also my wife wants to get back with me and I am afraid I have screwed things up if I got myself infected. So what is my legitimate risk? Do I need a test in a few weeks?

Old 09-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: Worries and fears

Oral sex is not a risk. There are no proven cases of anyone getting infected that way. You have nothing to worry about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
(male)

Sanskrit232 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
Oral sex is not a risk. There are no proven cases of anyone getting infected that way. You have nothing to worry about.
I have read that and I have read otherwise and I am confused.....I guess my question is, next Monday not tomorrow would make 30 days since the encounter I am talking about. If I paid for the test for piece of mind, would I need to test again at 6 weeks, 3 months.....I am jumping at my own shadow right now and realizing what a dumb move that was. Also where are these studies that say no risk from giving oral....i would like to read them it might help my anxiety level

Old 09-30-2012, 10:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

We're not allowed to provide links to external websites, sorry. You probably also read that saliva has proteins that inhibit HIV. If you can't accept that then just have a test now and take the negative result as 100% proof that you did not get infected.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #5
(male)

Sanskrit232 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
We're not allowed to provide links to external websites, sorry. You probably also read that saliva has proteins that inhibit HIV. If you can't accept that then just have a test now and take the negative result as 100% proof that you did not get infected.

I had not read that.....but here is the issue.....surely there must be some risk.....the CDC says so.....I am only looking for some reassurance......I did this, I am responsible for putting myself in this situation....now I am trying to gauge how much risk I am at...

Old 10-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You dont need to read a study on HIV and kissing as you know its not a risk of hIV, you also know using a condom is safe sex, well oral sex has been looked into so much and the conclusion is universal, its just not a valid route of HIV transmission.

Saliva has over a dozen proteins and emzymes which make the virus inactive ( that is of course if he has HIV which is unlikley ) So then you need to ask your self how can you get HIV, ie where is the route of transmission to get into your blood stream. Well unless you had your teeth pulled out their isnt one.

So you can see, you maybe concerned but the facts *** you to why you should not be concerned.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 10-01-2012, 04:31 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

the fact is
it is only a theoretical risk,
you are not going to be infected by hiv thru oral sex.
move on..

Old 10-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
(male)

Sanskrit232 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
the fact is
it is only a theoretical risk,
you are not going to be infected by hiv thru oral sex.
move on..
I have read a lot of your posts and have found them very helpful. My question is in your opinion (since I know that is what you are giving, and thank you for all that you do) would you even test again? The date of the experience that has me concerned (and last sexual experience of any kind) was September 12th, October 9th would be 28 days. Would you test again at the 4 week mark. The test they offer where I live is an antibody test and a RNA test, two different vials of blood, I don't know the name of the test. But anyway, would you test again. And second question if I decided to test what is the accuracy of this test type at 4 weeks? My last test was only 5 days after the encounter that has me concerned but the RNA test then was negative (was that too soon for this encounter as well) And the antibody test was of course negative since it was way too soon. (The antibody test was just my yearly test) So three questions. 1. Would you test again if you were me or go live my life? 2. How accurate is the antibody/RNA dual test at 4 weeks? 3. What is the name of the test that takes two vials of blood (one RNA, one for Antibodies)? Thanks you so much for helping me out.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

imo
i would tell you to move on and live life.
it is 2012 and the facts about how the virus is spread
are well known.

i keep up on it and i pay attention as to
how people get infected
because
i have hiv and the last thing i want to happen
is to give it to someone else.
the only mystery left with hiv is how to cure it.

i tested positive myself 19 days after i got infected.

your test will tell the story.
the thing is the ending of your story has already been written.
you will be hiv negative..

Closed Thread