It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
(male)

scaredboy HB User
Help please, going crazy! Going to get married

I am 29 years old. Had 2 risky encounters about 6 years ago. One with a woman i dont know if she is + we caressed each other and i went inside her maybe for 30 seconds or a little more but without protection. The other was with a man he gave me oral but there was no pre *** and i stopped him in seconds because i didnt want to.

After 3-4 weeks of both experiences i had cough, fever, then 5 pimples on my shoulder blade for a day. Once i fainted also. My parents took me for a CBC test where the reporta showed no signs of infection. However the doctor checked my tongue which was clear and asked if i had Diarrheoa which i didnt. After that episode i have been fit d healthy.
I did login to google the symptoms way back then and was shocked to.read HIV there. This turned me into a nervous reck. I dont know if i have ever had swollen lymph nodes but after reading symptoms i definitely did.

So 3 years back.after an alcoholic night i developed pins and needles.alover my body which i couldnt understand so when i googled it was HIV Peripheral Neuropathy. For quite sometime after that i had balance disorder and pins and needles. Then again i was fine but last few days again i had pins and needles and lightheadedness and a week after that pain below my right rib for which i again checked online and found Abdominal TB. I have been in a relationship for 3 years and have been having unprotected sex with my girlfriend. We are going to get married in 2 months. And all this just freaks me out.
I have been told that it could be B12 deficiency since i smoke 20+ ciggaretes a day and consume alcohol too. I have also noticex when i drink i get these pins and needles back. Inspite of the unproected sex my fiance is fine but i am worried if i may hhve infected her and she is not aware. Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Help please, going crazy! Going to get married

Well HIV has no specific symptoms, hence the sticky thread at the top of the page by Kevin, so have a good read of that, its very worth while!!

Now the oral sex with the guy is not a risk of HIV transmission. The unprotected sex is, albeit a very very small risk.

Now their is not a lot else to say because you can resolve this in 20 minutes. Go to a clinic or testing centre and take a rapid test which gives you results in 20 minutes. Their is nothing else to add when you can solve this when you choose to.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
scaredboy (10-03-2012)
Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
(male)

scaredboy HB User

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am a very confident young guy and doing exceptionally well in my field. Just that i have had this guilt about these two encounters. Everytime.i feel sick i fear its HIV and i google.stuff again. It gives me jelly legs and does worst possible.things to me. But when i workout i feel just fine.
I may have anxiety disorder but is it possible for a woman to not get infection if the guy is infected? and

Old 10-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Well the guy would have to have HIV in the first place and thats the issue here. You will never know until you test. Its unlikely you would get HIV from a brief one time encounter, its very unlikely indeed, but asking for speculation when you can test helps nonone.The time you have spent worrying about this and doing the google scare, you would have found your status and taken away any concerns that you had. So just take a test buddy and be done with it

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Apollo123; 10-03-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #5
(male)

scaredboy HB User

Thank you so much i feel very foolish..i have quit smoking and drinking to see if these symptoms are trigerred by them. I went to the doctor years back to check on HIV it was an NGO he sent me back home saying you are suffering from anxiety as soon as i told him symptoms he laughed and askes if i googled them.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scaredboy View Post
Thank you so much i feel very foolish..i have quit smoking and drinking to see if these symptoms are trigerred by them. I went to the doctor years back to check on HIV it was an NGO he sent me back home saying you are suffering from anxiety as soon as i told him symptoms he laughed and askes if i googled them.
Hi,

Buddy Dr Google is really not your friend where HIV is concerned. There is only way and I really do mean the only way to determine your HIV status is to have an HIV test. There is no other way. Wasting your time bouncing around websites looking for small clues does far more damage than good. Please do yourself a huge favour, if you are so concerned, get checked out ok?

Kevin.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
(male)

scaredboy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
Hi,

Buddy Dr Google is really not your friend where HIV is concerned. There is only way and I really do mean the only way to determine your HIV status is to have an HIV test. There is no other way. Wasting your time bouncing around websites looking for small clues does far more damage than good. Please do yourself a huge favour, if you are so concerned, get checked out ok?

Kevin.
Dear Kevin

Thanks for your message.

Last edited by ModHB007; 10-04-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Closed Thread