It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #1
(male)

Genaux HB User
Worried Sick...

Hello,
On November 2nd, and November 6th, 2011, I engaged in unproteced sexual intercourse with a female: status unknown. Right around the first of the year I developed what I thought to be strep throat. I went to see my doctor and he informed me I had a canker sore in my throat and not strep. I didn't think anything of it. Then mid-March came and I began to become extremely fatigued and I developed a headache, mild soar throat, mild fever, diarrhea; ya know, many symptoms of HIV. So after a couple weeks of being nervous I go and get tested on April 2nd of 2012. The results came back a couple of days later and they were negative. Well, since that period up until now I still get symptoms allllll the time. It seems like every month I periodically will just get dead tired, and I'll get canker sores in my throat occassionally. Now, lately, I've been getting super fatigued, mild fevers that come and go, slight diarreha, constant headache, a constant scratchy throat, I've had about four random rashes on my body that last for brief periods of time(these really freak me out the most, as I've never had a rash in my life up until now) even a couple lymp nodes seem to be swollen. I have not engaged in any risky behavior at all in the time that has elapsed since I last was a complete idiot and had sex without protection and since I was last tested. What could be going on here? Thanks for reading.
-G

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Worried Sick...

Hiya, well its not HIV as you tested negative, so thats the good news. AS to what it is, no idea. You could try another forum for help on that.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 10-07-2012, 11:37 PM   #3
(male)

Genaux HB User

Something just isn't adding up though. I mean how accurate are these tests. The hospital where I live is well known for their fair share of blunders. And I didn't wait six months to be tested either. I've read numerous sites and they all have conflicting viewpoints on when to be tested. Some say 3 months, others say 6 months, some even say a year? Thanks for reading.
-G

Old 10-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

No site says 6 months, thats been outdated since 2004.

HIV tests are now one the of the most reliable tests in the medical industry. You would not question a cancer test if you were negative would you? If your symptoms were HIV realted then you would have tested positive for sure. Whilst you may not be well, its nothing to do with HIV thats for sure so their is little point in beating a dead horse.

Even if you had HIV, any symptoms ( although HIV has NO specfic symptoms ) would have gone away by now, thats another reason to belive your test results

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Closed Thread