It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Longworry HB User
Confused and worried

Hi Im a teenage gay guy. In confused about the HIV risk of oral sex because that's the only sexual deed iv succumb to. No anal. Iv been with 2 guys both unknown HIV status. Both were reciving and giving. No sperm in my mouth and I didn't edjaculate in his mouth. Both lasted for at lead 20 minutes. Iv been doing research and all websites and forums seem to say different thing about oral sex. So can some one clear me up a bit this is the only forum where I can ask for free. My reason being on this board is because iv began to fear HIV infection because I Have noticed a rash on my arm. It's near my elbow. Along with redness of skin and dots in my back and chest. I don't know if it's HIV related but iv never experienced a rash in my life. I'm very scared I could have contracted HIV. I don't have a fever though. Please get back to me. Thank you.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Worriedabthiv HB User
Re: Confused and worried

You cant get HIV from oral sex. Do not worry at all for HIV from this exposure. Also symptoms means nothing in case of HIV.

Rash can occur for anything. If you are worried for this symptoms go ahead to your general doctor to evaluate the cause, but you can be certain this could not be for HIV.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Longworry HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriedabthiv View Post
You cant get HIV from oral sex. Do not worry at all for HIV from this exposure. Also symptoms means nothing in case of HIV.

Rash can occur for anything. If you are worried for this symptoms go ahead to your general doctor to evaluate the cause, but you can be certain this could not be for HIV.

So the rash and pimples are not related ? It seems a bit odd I finally start getting sexually active (oral) and this happens. Why do alot of sites say its possible like the CDC? I posted his question on yahoo answers and everyone said its possible I got very scared!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Worriedabthiv HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longworry View Post
So the rash and pimples are not related ? It seems a bit odd I finally start getting sexually active (oral) and this happens. Why do alot of sites say its possible like the CDC? I posted his question on yahoo answers and everyone said its possible I got very scared!
HIV from oral sex is very very rare. Also there has to be an open sore to pass the virus. Even though it is very very hard to get by then too. There has not any documented case reported for HIV by oral sex.
Mouth has lots of different proteins, for those HIV cant exist in mouth. SO YOY SHOULD NOT BE WORRIED AT ALL.

There is a full of wrong in-formations in internet. I can simply give you one example: From 2004 CDC changed their HIV testing guidelines from 6 months to 3 months, but several sources in internet says 6 months and even more testing.
So it is upto you, whom you believe. But one thing mate you cant get HIV from oral sex.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Longworry HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worriedabthiv View Post
HIV from oral sex is very very rare. Also there has to be an open sore to pass the virus. Even though it is very very hard to get by then too. There has not any documented case reported for HIV by oral sex.
Mouth has lots of different proteins, for those HIV cant exist in mouth. SO YOY SHOULD NOT BE WORRIED AT ALL.

There is a full of wrong in-formations in internet. I can simply give you one example: From 2004 CDC changed their HIV testing guidelines from 6 months to 3 months, but several sources in internet says 6 months and even more testing.
So it is upto you, whom you believe. But one thing mate you cant get HIV from oral sex.
Okay well I made sure not to have cuts on my mouth and I didn't have a cut on my penis either. Their was no edjaculation in my mouth. But what's strange is the first time I had a pain kind of mild burning sensation from my first oral sex encounter. It went away within a week but I don't know if that can make a difference? Would it? Would I still be safe from HIV?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:54 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

The risk is only theoretical at best. You cN only get HIV from getting into your blood stream and that would realistically happen if you had a tooth removed and then had infect fluids in your mouth, but then that's only a possible risk and still very unlikely.

The mouth is a hostile place and it's unlikely HIV would survive in their as it's very fragile.

This forum has 10 oral threads a week so this concern is very common but the outcome is always the same,zero risk.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 10-09-2012, 01:28 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Longworry HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
The risk is only theoretical at best. You cN only get HIV from getting into your blood stream and that would realistically happen if you had a tooth removed and then had infect fluids in your mouth, but then that's only a possible risk and still very unlikely.

The mouth is a hostile place and it's unlikely HIV would survive in their as it's very fragile.

This forum has 10 oral threads a week so this concern is very common but the outcome is always the same,zero risk.

Hope that helps

Okay I see your point it's a good point. My only consen was the rash it was very out of no where and also I had experienced armpit pain. A sharp stabbing pain which was a consern for swollen lymph nodes. Am I in the clear to forget about this and move on? With no possible cliff hanger of possible HIV infection?

Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Symptoms never mean anything or 99% of people here would have HIV and that is often the reason why people post out of concern.

Yes really you should not worry anymore

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
Longworry (10-09-2012)
Old 10-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Yahoo Answers is the worst place to get information on anything.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Longworry HB User

So even with the rash and multiple dots my on skin I should just put it in the past? That was my main concern because I have never had so many dots all over my skin try even scared my skin !

Old 10-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longworry View Post
So even with the rash and multiple dots my on skin I should just put it in the past? That was my main concern because I have never had so many dots all over my skin try even scared my skin !
if you are still thinking hiv
you are on a dead end street!
turn around and go see a doctor for your rash,
it is not being caused by hiv.

if you still have doubts, seek professional help
because you are going way past the point
of logical thinking.

hiv needs certian circumstances and conditions to happen
before the possibility of it even being able to happen exists.
you did not meet any of those,
so move on from it.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Longworry HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post
if you are still thinking hiv
you are on a dead end street!
turn around and go see a doctor for your rash,
it is not being caused by hiv.

if you still have doubts, seek professional help
because you are going way past the point
of logical thinking.

hiv needs certian circumstances and conditions to happen
before the possibility of it even being able to happen exists.
you did not meet any of those,
so move on from it.

That's what iv been telling my self how could I have gotten HIV ? Could he have had a cut in his mouth and bleed a bit without him even knowin. I can't shake the thought I keep telling my self maybe something bizzar happened I can't explain why I got these dots all through my body and they haven't gone away yet. They come and they go

Closed Thread