It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #1
(male)

AmIDead HB User
I took PEP after 52hrs. I think am now infected

hello and thank you in advance for answering my question. I had a high risk sexual exposure on 4th Aug 2012 at around 10:00pm. it was unprotected vaginal sex with a prostitute. i was drunk and i really blame myself for what happened. I delayed in getting my first dose of PEP.I took my first dose of PEP on 6th Aug 2012 at around 8:00pm. While on PEP i had weird symptoms like swollen and bleeding gums, tiredness/fatigue. i also had a pimple on my manhood. it was painful but it disappeared on its own. i went to the hospital for urinalysis and the test came back negative for std' s. Am most worried about HIV. I went for a HIV test after finishing PEP(4weeks post-exposure) and it came out negative. i went for another test on 10th Oct 2012 which also came out negative. My health provider told me to go for another HIV test 3months from now. Am really scared. My gums are still bleeding till now. I also have bad oduor from my mouth. Please excuse my bad English 1.) Was i l

Last edited by AmIDead; 11-03-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: i took my first dose of PEP on 6th Aug 2012

Old 10-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: I took PEP after 52hrs. I think am now infected

1.) Was i late for PEP? no
2.) Are swollen and bleeding gums a symptom of
HIV infection? no
3.) Is my healthcare provider right to recommend
another test 3months from now? yes!

everything i read tells me you are in the clear from hiv.
you next test results at 3 months will close the book
hang in there and it will be all behind you soon
good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
AmIDead (10-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Can I just ask a clarification question? I admit I'm a stickler for details but this is driving me nuts.

You said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIDead
I had a high risk sexual exposure on 24th Aug 2012...
Then you said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmIDead
I delayed in getting my first dose of PEP.I took my first dose of PEP on 6th Aug 2012...
According to your timeline, you took PEP 3 weeks before exposure? I'm just curious if this is a typo or something? Did you perhaps get your dates wrong maybe?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
AmIDead (10-12-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Their is a sticky at the top of the page i did about pep, that will answer most questions but i shall add some answers here.

First, what was your exposure please.

As for testing, 3 months after your final dose of PEP is conclusive, so a 4 month test will be conclusive.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 10-12-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
(male)

AmIDead HB User

Sorry for the typo guys and thank you kszan for highlighting it. I actually took my first dose of PEP on 4th Aug 2012.
My exposure was unprotected vaginal sex with a csw. I regret to say i was drunk i admit i was so stupid to do such a dumb thing. .
I spend most of my time reading stuff about HIV and it really drives me nuts. I decided to join this forum because i thought my health provider is too busy for me. She has lots of clients. Am currently employed and I've got a reliable health insurance scheme. I just hope that I'll be strong enough to continue with my job even if i turn out positive. I know i cant loose my job on the basis of my HIV status(that's government policy).

Last edited by ModHB007; 10-12-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

there is nothing you can do to effect the test results you will be getting,
so its best to keep your mind occupied somewhere else
until the time passes and you get your results.
you will be ok no matter what happens.
good luck

Closed Thread