It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

worriedfellow HB User
Numerous "Low Risk" Activities -- Add up to Higher Risk?

Hello, I've had some anxiety about my HIV status and thought this might be a good place to check in.

I'm a bisexual man, 27 years old, who has engaged in sexual activities with both male and female anonymous partners met online.

I never have unprotected anal or vaginal sex, but I have had unprotected oral sex performed on me numerous times as well as some oral-anal contact. I'd heard a lot of conflicting information about the risk factors of my activities, even reading reports from some doctors who claimed that HIV infection through unprotected oral sex as the receptive partner was impossible.

My last encounter was 11 days ago and I've had a loss of appetite & sore throat (though I'm not sure the cause since my roomate has a cold and I might have caught it from them).

I'm planning on getting tested in two more weeks to try and finally put my fears to bed but its been over a year since my last HIV test (which I took 6 months after a single instance of unprotected anal sex as the penetrating partner and which showed that I was negative).

Before I go in I want to know if I am at serious risk from the activities I engaged in and I would really appreciate an honest assessment of my behavior.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention before that I have performed unprotected oral sex on women.

For some reason I've tried replying to my thread several times but they didn't go through -- I simply wished to point out that both the CDC and several other websites with HIV information claim that oral sex is a potential vector for the spread of HIV and would love to see links to any sort of study which definitively prove that it is absolutely impossible to transmit the virus in this way in order to put my mind at ease once an for all.

Last edited by worriedfellow; 10-12-2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Adding more information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Numerous "Low Risk" Activities -- Add up to Higher Risk?

Their are no conflicting statments about oral sex and their are no reliable reported cases of HIV transmission. The message is clear, oral sex is only a therorectical risk at best but in real terms its a no risk sexual activity for HIV.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 10-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

"I never have unprotected anal or vaginal sex"

pertaining to hiv,this is all that matters.

you will never get infected with hiv if you
stick to that mantra.
good luck

Old 10-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

It doesn't matter how many activities, any number times ZERO = ZERO. There are no proven cases of anybody ever being infected through oral sex.

Closed Thread