It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

strangemick HB User
Hiv fear for 8 years

Hi I had an risk filled exposure with high risk group female,although I had two condoms on,in midst of my act I kind of went into little slumber and my penis was flaccid, but she alerted me and told me to push out...to my horror condoms were just covering 1/4th of my penis..and I could see my exposed part of Penis with liquid on it...she told me to wait and put on those condoms after adjusting back again on my penis...so wanted to know the assessment of my HIV exposure....after which I abstained from sex for 8 years now...until recently I found a girl who I love very much...I have avoided having sex with her with the fear I might infect her with HIV...but for once I was tempted and did some french kissing and oral sex on her and I did felt little blood in my mouth...so was wondering whether I have infected her...she was down with sore throat and chills...I am tensed,despondent, guilt ridden that I might have infected her!!!!

Old 10-16-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: Hiv fear for 8 years

it would be unlikely that you have hiv,
you would of shown some other health problems in 8 yrs.
why don't you get tested and end the speculation?

The following user gives a hug of support to smiteler:
strangemick (10-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

You had protected sex and were not at a risk of an HIV infection. So long as the tip of your penis (the urethra) was covered you did not risk an HIV infection. Buddy, eight years to needlessly worry is a very long time and with the huge advances made in not only detecting HIV but also actually combatting it made over the last decade you have no reason to live with such doubts. You could have, and still could put to rest any concerns you have over this matter once and for all by having an HIV test. On what you have posted it will inevitably be negative.

And please use only one condom in future, using two does not increase your protection, it actually increases the chance of them both failing.

Draw a line under this and move on, you were nowhere near an HIV infection and as you have already been advised had you contracted HIV eight years ago (which you did not) and done nothing about it you would almost certainly be very ill now. HIV is not your concern here.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 10-16-2012 at 11:03 AM.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

strangemick HB User

Thanks for the encouragement....I am scared to go for the testing but will definitely go for one soon...also I was recollecting the exact years since I had that risk filled exposure and my sincere apologies...to be precise it was 6 years and 10 months back, since I had that last risk filled exposure...I have abstained from having sex with exception to the oral sex which lasted not more then 3 minus with the girl who I love as mentioned in my first post...I am healthy with the exception of jock itch which I got the day when I wore one of my colleagues shorts for the football match, I later asked my colleague...whether by chance he have jock itch...for which he said yes...I am little worried about me....but primarily I wanted an HIV risk assessment of my girlfriend assuming I am HIV+ , I felt that I have put her in risk for HIV infection and I have this guilt laden feelings, despondent, and depressed for her and off late I have been ignoring her so that I don't hurt her for her own good....

Old 10-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

strangemick HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
Hi,

You had protected sex and were not at a risk of an HIV infection. So long as the tip of your penis (the urethra) was covered you did not risk an HIV infection. Buddy, eight years to needlessly worry is a very long time and with the huge advances made in not only detecting HIV but also actually combatting it made over the last decade you have no reason to live with such doubts. You could have, and still could put to rest any concerns you have over this matter once and for all by having an HIV test. On what you have posted it will inevitably be negative.

And please use only one condom in future, using two does not increase your protection, it actually increases the chance of them both failing.

Draw a line under this and move on, you were nowhere near an HIV infection and as you have already been advised had you contracted HIV eight years ago (which you did not) and done nothing about it you would almost certainly be very ill now. HIV is not your concern here.

Kevin.
Hi Kevin thanks for your encouragement ..it was a morale booster, but before i type something more...My sincere apologies as I was going through the exact date since I had that risk filled exposure ...it was near precisely 6 years 10 months since I had that risk filled exposure..since that I never had sex because of HIV fear...with the exception of the oral sex I had with my girlfriend which lasted not more then 3 minus...I am perfectly healthy except a joke itch which I got as i used my colleagues shorts for an impromptu soccer match and my colleague admitted that he does have jock itch...but primarily I needed the HIV risk assessment for my girlfriend assuming I am HIV+...as I felt I have put her in certain degree of risk and I assume there was little blood(not sure) in my mouth...I am down,out and despondent thinking that I have put my girlfriend in risk for HIV

Old 10-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You are worrying needless over nothing- you were completely protected by the condom as Kev said, and if you can't accept that, go to the drug store and purchase the over-the-counter Oraquick test and take it- it will be negative. There is no reason for you to continue to worry about this.

The following user gives a hug of support to joggen:
strangemick (10-17-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
strangemick (10-17-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy you cannot be offered advice here based on an assumption, no matter how many you make. You did not put yourself at a risk of an HIV infection, therefore regardless of what you and your new girlfriend do you will not put her at a risk of an HIV infection. You cannot possibly put anybody at a risk from something you clearly were not even exposed to. Mate, you had protected sex 6 years+ ago, please do yourself a huge favour and stop assuming that because of it you contracted HIV, you did not, nobody not a single person as ever contracted HIV from protected sex.

All you are doing by being here or on any HIV forum is now adding some form of validity to your unfounded fears. You really cannot be helped here with your guilt and fears and the only advice you can be given at this point is if this issue is eating you up so much that it is having a real impact on your relationship you should consider professional counselling and /or have an HIV test which will be negative. You cannot be offered the support and advice you need on any HIV forum when you clearly were not exposed to an HIV infection.

Buddy either let this go or find the help for you guilt and fears you need, you really will not find that here or anywhere online for that matter.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 10-17-2012 at 02:14 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
strangemick (10-18-2012)
Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

strangemick HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
You are worrying needless over nothing- you were completely protected by the condom as Kev said, and if you can't accept that, go to the drug store and purchase the over-the-counter Oraquick test and take it- it will be negative. There is no reason for you to continue to worry about this.
Thanks for the great piece of advice, lived my last six years and 10 months in total stress,anxiety and kind of waiting for slow death to strike me, will try to take an HIV test soon, Thanks a lot, this forum have somewhat took me out of my stress

Closed Thread