It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
(male)

worried422 HB User
hiv? oraquick home test

Thank you for everybody that takes the time to answer all put questions. I am worried about having HIV. I have had the fallowing symptoms for the past couple weeks. Swollen lymph nodes in neck and armpits, headaches,sore throat, itchy skin and diarrhea night sweats too. I went to the doc and he gave me reg blood tests and all my cell counts came back normal. He put me on antibiotics for ten days and my lymph nodes are still swollen. The last unprotected sex I had was over a year ago. I have taken two oraquick oral home tests and came back negative but still have symptoms. Felt better about not having ot but then looked at the statistics of the test and it said 1 in 12 would test negative when they are really positive...could that have happened to me? Just worried and scared. I did do a blood test and should get the results tom. Sorry for the long read and thank you for taking the time to answer my ?s

Old 10-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: hiv? oraquick home test

the blood test is the gold standard,
it looks for some things the oraquick doesn't look for
it is very accurate approx after 15 days from exposure.
anything is possible, but it is not common for the oraquick to be wrong.
you should be ok.
let us know how you make out
good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
(male)

rumel HB User

Easy answer is..

If you do not trust the test results, then get a blood test. Lymph nodes swell all the time. You could have all of your symptoms for any number of reasons.

A blood test will give you something that the Oraquick test will not, peace of mind.

As no matter how much reassuring you get here, you know it will stay in the back of your mind.

So, go get a blood test, and it will get that nagging issue out of your head for good.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:20 AM   #4
(male)

worried422 HB User

Thank yall for getting back to me. I will post up when I get the tests results back today. Hopefully everything will turn out ok.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:27 AM   #5
(male)

worried422 HB User

Has anybody else used the oraquick home test?

Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
(male)

rumel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by worried422 View Post
Has anybody else used the oraquick home test?
I did two days ago when we had a condom break. I trust the results. But I have been in the same relationship for over 2 years. So, it was pretty easy to trust the test in our situation.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
(male)

worried422 HB User

Should be getting my blood test in about 30 min. Scared to death and pray to god that I am negative.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #8
(male)

worried422 HB User

NEGATIVE!!! Thank god! Thank you guys and i can now move on with my life and stop worrying about this. Please don't look up symptoms it will only scare you to death.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Im glad to hear the outcome and its very good of you to come back and update everyone here with these results.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Closed Thread