It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
(male)

saeylo HB User
Am I infected with HIV?

Dear Friends,

I had a handjob from a massage place and shortly after I developed headaches, trush, oral herpes(had them before but this time I had two). I know the risks are low or some say no risk at all. But I tested for RNA negative at 3 weeks, AB at 5 weeks, RNA detected but below 20 at 6 weeks(through bioscience and online lab), the lab said probably false positive and did another one, RNA not detected. I did another RNA at 7 weeks, this one undetected again and 10 weeks I did the new Canadian 60 second antibody test with non reactive. Oh, also 9 weeks oraquick non reactive, the in home swab from pharmacy. Could that RNA under 20 detected with no viral load count be a mistake? Given that, my risk and the three other RNA undetected tests, do I need more testing? I read someone here state that they had undetected RNA/DNA but they had headaches, thrush and oral herpes and tested positive for AB's after three months, their exposure was unprotected sex, mine was just a handjob and I touch the ladies boob.

Report Bad Post  

Old 10-25-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Am I infected with HIV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeylo View Post
Dear Friends,

I had a handjob from a massage place and shortly after I developed headaches, trush, oral herpes(had them before but this time I had two). I know the risks are low or some say no risk at all. But I tested for RNA negative at 3 weeks, AB at 5 weeks, RNA detected but below 20 at 6 weeks(through bioscience and online lab), the lab said probably false positive and did another one, RNA not detected. I did another RNA at 7 weeks, this one undetected again and 10 weeks I did the new Canadian 60 second antibody test with non reactive. Oh, also 9 weeks oraquick non reactive, the in home swab from pharmacy. Could that RNA under 20 detected with no viral load count be a mistake? Given that, my risk and the three other RNA undetected tests, do I need more testing? I read someone here state that they had undetected RNA/DNA but they had headaches, thrush and oral herpes and tested positive for AB's after three months, their exposure was unprotected sex, mine was just a handjob and I touch the ladies boob.

Report Bad Post  
You had any risk at all and your test have proved this. If you do ever have a risk, just take a antibody tests, pcr tests are not designed to tell you your status.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Apollo123; 10-25-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
(male)

saeylo HB User

I copied and pasted here because I posted in wrong forum. Sorry.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

No, you're wasting your time, energy, and money testing for something that you could not have been exposed to. HIV is transmitted through direct inoculation INSIDE the body, as through penetrative sexual intercourse (a penis inside a vagina or anus) or injection of infectious material into a vein. Hand jobs have never transmitted HIV in the entire history of HIV. You've had more than half a dozen unnecessary tests, including RNA tests that run the risk for a false positive result. You need to get out of this cycle- accept that you did not catch HIV from your NO RISK situation and STOP testing!

The Following User Says Thank You to joggen For This Useful Post:
saeylo (10-26-2012)
Old 10-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #5
(male)

saeylo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
You had any risk at all and your test have proved this. If you do ever have a risk, just take a antibody tests, pcr tests are not designed to tell you your status.
Thanks Apollo, reading your forum and helping me keep it together. I see people posting stuff like subtypes and how they tested negative and showed a year later, rare cases and I think I'm one of them because I had all the classic symptoms except rash and high fever. Thrush like tongue kinda furry, white, scared me the most. I got 3 RNA not detected and a few abs. Should I test again at 13 weeks or let this go and have sex with my gf without worrying.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:08 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

As joggen has made clear, its impossible for you to have had any risk, so no imwould not test again as you have nothing to tedt for. Its more guilt that you have which is concerning your current mental state, but alone does not give you a valid risk, so relax you were never at risk as to the reason joggen has explained

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
saeylo (10-26-2012)
Old 10-26-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
(male)

saeylo HB User

Guys, one last question on this. I can't tell if I have thrush. My tongue looks sorta furry, put honey on it and it looks better. Dont know if I damaged my tongue from over brushing or having dry mouth is the reason, but some parts of my tongue loom like furry and sorta stringy white. If I brush it off it doesn't bleed or anything, but the surface isn't dotted like a normal tongue, its wavey. No hair on it or anything. Just wondering, I'd this was thrush, my antibody test would be positive, right?

Old 10-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
(male)

saeylo HB User

And one other quick question. I don't know if I'm noticing more because I'm anxious, but I noticed to be getting bruised more frequently. My skin turns yellow fairly quickly after I hit it somewhere. I read somewhere that easy bruising could be link to HIV. If so, how soon does that happen after someone is infected with the virus? Thanks again for your time. I know symptoms are not a good way to diagnose, but I'm trying to calculate my chances and put expert advise into consideration. Best Wishes!

Old 10-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeylo View Post
And one other quick question. I don't know if I'm noticing more because I'm anxious, but I noticed to be getting bruised more frequently. My skin turns yellow fairly quickly after I hit it somewhere. I read somewhere that easy bruising could be link to HIV. If so, how soon does that happen after someone is infected with the virus? Thanks again for your time. I know symptoms are not a good way to diagnose, but I'm trying to calculate my chances and put expert advise into consideration. Best Wishes!
Hi,

Your chances are zero. Buddy stop creating a drama for yourself, you were not in the slightest way exposed to HIV. Forget it and move on with your life.

Kevin.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
saeylo (10-26-2012)
Old 10-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
(male)

saeylo HB User

Thanks, Bloke. I just got caught up in genotype stuff and symptom shopping, trying to educate my way out. I have a small lymph node that I can feel behind my neck, one near my Brest and another under my knee. The one under my knee I noticed after I hit my leg on a chair two days ago. So I have three lymph nodes that I can feel, but I have to rub on them first. Are those normal lymph nodes?

Old 10-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy you cannot be offered a diagnosis of anything here. If you have ailments that are of concern, please see a doctor and discuss them.

You can be told here you were not exposed to an HIV infection, period.

You can also be told, stop pocking and prodding yourself and your lymph nodes. You will do not end of damage to these extremely sensitive areas of your body. They are extremely sensitive and do not take kindly to be pocked and prodded.

Please stop it.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 10-26-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
(male)

saeylo HB User

Thanks Kevin. Never been like this before, just wanted to know if it was normal to feel small lymph nodes. I will leave them alone.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

No it is not normal to keep pocking yourself and imagining you have got HIV when you were not in the slightest way exposed to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to blokecalledkev For This Useful Post:
saeylo (10-26-2012)
Old 10-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
(male)

saeylo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
No it is not normal to keep pocking yourself and imagining you have got HIV when you were not in the slightest way exposed to it.
Thanks, Kevin. I'd hug you too, bro, but I'm afraid I'd catch something. J/K. I'm going to put symptoms on the side and test for my own peace of mind before xmas, forgetting about this until then. Furry tongue and lymph nodes scaring me. Did an immune test and everything came back normal. Guess all in my head. Going to have sex with my gf without worrying. Thanks everyone.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #15
(male)

saeylo HB User

Guys, really worried. That one RNA detected under 20 viral load has taken over my life. I have a bruise on my leg now, shin, and I'm feeling a little lymph node below it. I feel like my shins are bruising easily, every time I bump it somewhere. Just paranoia? I did two more RNA tests after that one and both showed RNA not detected, but I'm having nasal sinus and furry tongue. I've had dry mouth for 8 months and it all started from my HIV anxiety. Have you guys ever seen false RNA positives here? People who showed RNA negative at 3 weeks and 5 weeks and showed abs later? My 7 week antibody was also negative.

Closed Thread