It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
(male)

hiduku HB User
May i get hiv in this situation?

I have just come to test center for blood test, once the nurse go and draw blood from my vein she used gloves. (I knew they are not new gloves) She touched finger on my open vein after blood draw. The test center is crowd. May I get HiV from reused gloves if the prior person have HIV+???

Old 11-05-2012, 11:06 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: May i get hiv in this situation?

well they do use new gloves, their is no reason not to. In the event this happened it would not be a risk to yourself as hiv once exposed to air becomes inactive. So you have nothing to worry about.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
hiduku (11-06-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #3
(male)

hiduku HB User

I really saw her used the gloves for many people because the test center is very crowd and she have no time to change them for each person. Based on your experience does any cases infect from contact objects outside the body with very quick time? And how long hiv become inactive outside body? In my thought i am still worried about the infection.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiduku View Post
I really saw her used the gloves for many people because the test center is very crowd and she have no time to change them for each person. Based on your experience does any cases infect from contact objects outside the body with very quick time? And how long hiv become inactive outside body? In my thought i am still worried about the infection.
No buds, their have never been any reported cases due to the reasons above.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 11-07-2012, 03:01 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User

Hey Buddy,

All the testing centres are FDA approved and they are not allowed to reuse the gloves in any situation and they are disposed after every time they are used. So dont worry about it. You will be fine.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:03 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

guyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB Userguyfromnorth HB User
Thumbs up Re: May i get hiv in this situation?

Hey Buddy,

All the testing centres are FDA approved and they are not allowed to reuse the gloves in any situation and they are disposed after every time they are used. So dont worry about it. You will be fine.

Closed Thread