HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   HIV Prevention (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hiv-prevention/)
-   -   ARS symptoms, but negative at 9 weeks (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hiv-prevention/926276-ars-symptoms-but-negative-9-weeks.html)

mindismessedup 11-05-2012 08:11 PM

ARS symptoms, but negative at 9 weeks

let me get straight into it

i had sex with ma new woman oral and vaginal unprotected on the 26 of august. stupid i know.

SO LET GO

1. 3 days later felt something in ma throat. as if food was stuck in it.

2. by the 5th of september throat was really hurting and had diarrhea, fatigue every day, white tongue with white line on inner cheek and night sweats. so i lost ma mind when i read about ARS.

3. 7th sept. went to the doc. told him all my symptoms. he said it was too early to test for hiv. little did i know about p24 tests and duo testing .......Anyways he said that was nothing to worry about (flu) and Sinuses. he said my throat was red. so he gave me antibiotics. which did not help one bit.

4. got tested anyways to see if possible i had anything before the 26th of august hiv elisa antibody along with herpes . Negative negative

5. 14 of sep. went to an ENT. He said ma lymph nodes in ma neck was a bit swollen and there was alot of mucus, so he took a swab for pathogens. came back clean. he also gave me antibiotics and anti fungal and some women yeas infection tables for ma tongue. he said that it was not thrust jus some overgrown stuff i cant remember. i still think it is thrush or its Hairy leukoplakia.

6. none of those meds helped. went back and did white blood cell check. Everything jus fine.

7.got ma woman to test on the 24th of september(thats about 30 days ) elisa antibody. Negative

8.i got tested again on the 4th of october (5weeks and some days) elisa antibody. Negative

10. 25th (8 weeks 5day) found somewhere what did HIV DUO tesing. Negative

So it the fifth of November and my throat is still sore as ever(get real intense parts of the day), tongue is still white feels like something wrong with my armpits. maybe lymph nodes. the doctors say i might be putting too much stress on my mind and body.

Need some INPUT.

1. If i went though ARS in the two week period. shouldn't i have tested positive at nearly 9week for antibodies cuz the p24 would be gone. or atleast for the p24 if antibodies are not there.

Thanks

Apollo123 11-05-2012 11:12 PM

Re: ARS symptoms, but negative at 9 weeks

If you had ars then correct, you would have tested postive. The fact your 10 test is negative is more less confirmation that your negative. Take a 12 week and dont be shocked with another outcome.

Hope that helps

guyfromnorth 11-07-2012 03:09 AM

[QUOTE=Apollo123;5084307]If you had ars then correct, you would have tested postive. The fact your 10 test is negative is more less confirmation that your negative. Take a 12 week and dont be shocked with another outcome.

Hope that helps[/QUOTE]

I stick with what Apollo have advised you Buddy. You will be fine. Just put it behind with your 12 week negative. Good Luck!

mindismessedup 11-07-2012 05:54 PM

thanks for your input peeps.

Went to a new doctor today about my throat issues with the yeast infection in my mouth and sore throat. gave me labs to do again. including HIV DUO test again. im really getting tired of this.

so i have read the FDA issue why most doctors stick with the 3 months all clear rule. Even with the vast improvements in HIV testing over the years.

So my question is.

1. with all these improvement. is it possible that someone can take 3 months to start to develop antibodies and not show positive for p24 on an 8 week test. some sites say that p24 will be in you system for a short period of 2 to 4 weeks and then antibodies will appear.

Im lost.??????

2.IS THERE A PERIOD WHEN THERE IS NO P24 BUT YOU HAVE NOT DEVELOPED ENOUGH ANTIBODIES TO TEST POSITIVE.

3. SOME SAY UP TO 28 AND THEN IT IS UNDETECTABLE AND SOME SAY IT IS THERE UNTIL U START TO DEVELOP ANTIBODIES. DETECTABLE EVEN UP TO THE 12 WEEKS IF SOMEONE TAKE THAT LONG TO DEVELOP ANTIBODIES.

which IS IT?

NO P24. Should Mean antibodies at 8 almost 9 weeks. right

smiteler 11-07-2012 07:15 PM

i think you are reading about hiv testing too much... lol
go have a beer and stop sweating about hiv.
anything is possible
but i have never heard of it happening myself.
you will be fine
keep with the doctor
good luck