It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
fearandpanic

still worried need some advice

I posted here a while ago im still in a bit of a panic. Like I said never have had anal but when I really I received oral sex for the first time I got a variety of illnesses. Till this day I have skin problems. Do you think because of everything that's happened I shouldn't test? Or is it something I should forget .. I try to but my skin acts up on me and brings me to a panic. Is testing needed?

Old 11-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: still worried need some advice

You have no medical reason to test for hiv but if yiu need peace of mind and closuer than take one to end the matter. Std,s can be transfered via oral sex so maybe take a test for those just to rule anything out.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
fearandpanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
You have no medical reason to test for hiv but if yiu need peace of mind and closuer than take one to end the matter. Std,s can be transfered via oral sex so maybe take a test for those just to rule anything out.
Okay, how accurate is the oral quick test? I read you don't need blood, how would the test work then? My skin is yellowing and purple spots like bruises on my skin I'm in a panic

Old 11-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Your focus on HIV and testing is only deferring the help that you really need. See a doctor for your skin issues.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
fearandpanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joggen View Post
Your focus on HIV and testing is only deferring the help that you really need. See a doctor for your skin issues.
I know it sounds crazy but I do beilive their is a chance iv been infected due to so many symptoms. My question is how accurate are the quick oral tests? How do they work? I need to find out once and for all it's been 7 months of mental tourtière

Old 11-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Your test will be 100% accurate. They are FDA approved tests and used by many HIV clinics. They take a sample from the inside of your mouth and you get results within 20 minutes.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 11-11-2012, 11:15 PM   #7
fearandpanic

Quote:
Your test will be 100% accurate. They are FDA approved tests and used by many HIV clinics. They take a sample from the inside of your mouth and you get results within 20 minutes.
I thought HIV wasn't found in the mouth? How exactly does it work? What do you mean by the mouth? I will go to the Walgreens Monday and buy the quick oral

Old 11-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

You use a swab to take a sample around your gums, you then place the swab in a tube with liquid. You than place a device which then indicates your status by a line on a reading.

HIV is found in the mouth although its not active, ie able to transfer to another person, hence why kissing is not a risk. This of course is the simple way of putting it.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:56 PM   #9
fearandpanic

Quote:
You use a swab to take a sample around your gums, you then place the swab in a tube with liquid. You than place a device which then indicates your status by a line on a reading.

HIV is found in the mouth although its not active, ie able to transfer to another person, hence why kissing is not a risk. This of course is the simple way of putting it.
Oh okay then well that makes sense. Okay thank you all for your help I will test tomorow and post my results wish me luck please

Old 11-12-2012, 12:02 AM   #10
Facilitator
(male)

Mate you dont need it

Old 11-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #11
fearandpanic

Quote:
Mate you dont need it
Thanks you..but yellow purple skin says other wise ..

Old 11-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

See a doctor.

Last edited by joggen; 11-12-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Closed Thread