It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
(male)

chiz1991 HB User
relentless ARS symptoms, just need to let it out..

okay been meaning to do this for a while as this major possibility of hiv is always on my mind, and this is very uncharacteristic of my personality but here it goes.. I am a 21 year old university student and i had unprotected sex with a girl whos status is unknown Aug 17 2012, the sex lasted barly a minute but none the less.. 2 weeks from that day i started noticing a small red patch on the tip of my penis but i htought nothing of it. later into the week i became more interested in this patch as it became more prevelent and spent a whole night researching herpe as that is what i htought it was because i developed a fever from what i can remeber that night along with tingiling and itching all other my body and testicle pain. i went to the sexual health clinic a week from that day scared that my life would change because of herpes but the doctor said that it wasnt herpes and perscriped me medication for a yeast infection, she also thought i may have clamydia and perscribed me antibiotics.never the less the clamydia test was negative but i guess it acted as somewhat of a placebo as all my symptoms went away for a week. little did i know id be worrying about much larger things soon. i went on as usual until about 3 weeks after that i started experiancing a vast amount of symptoms. first i expirianced severe pain in the lymphnodes in my neck, and temple, along with pain in my eyes, i also disvoered oral thrush. this continued and i started reaserching and worrying about hiv more and more so much so that it completely consumed my life and i stoped worrying about school and went home for a week the week after. the day before i left i felt extreme fatigue in my legs as well as muscle and joint pain, the pain would be in different muscles and different joints at certain times and would change to different muscles to different joints, this persisted along with the extreme pain in neck lymphnodes, upon arriving home 8 weeks most exposure i developed pain directly below my cheast in what i think is my liver and spleen this persisted along with the other symptoms for about a week. As i thought i was getting better and trying to rule out hiv i tiny red spots about 4 on my arm and three spread out on my cheast and about 5 more in different places on my back. these spots are tiny flat and not rash like, spots that look like they have been ever present but never the less developed in a night. that night i also night sweats which have persisted on and off up unitil today. I went to the clinic the 2 monthes or 62 days post exposure and i tested negative on a antibody test. which brought me some relif the next day i went to my gp for a physical i showed him the spots and told him my symptoms and he said he is confident i dont have HIV my lymph nodes were not swollen but still somewhat painful neither was my liver or spleen which was also painful. i did a variety of blood tests for my gp which all also came back negative 63 days post exposure. i was starting to feel more positive as all the symptoms had dissapated besides the spots, and i returned to school only to develop a week after a rash under my pecs and on my cheast which sent me into tears, this rash has persisted for about a week and a half and is very prevelent sometimes but almost unseen at others, and it seems to move around sometimes to different areas of my trunk and is somewhat veiny in appearance. i have also developed a small sore in my mouth and what i beleive is dermatitis as my scalp has been irregularly itchy as well as my eyebrows. I have also developed severe chapedness above my upper lip which appeard first 5 weeks ago which i thought was the beggining of a cold sore from the herpes scare so i treated it with abreava but has now come back more larger and i have never felt this way, or any of these symptoms before. I will be going for another test tomorrow whichc will be at 11 weeks because the pain of waiting is literally consuming me, i am trying to think optimistically but i have literally had every symptom in the book and it is difficult to salvage hope. My appologies from rambling looking back at this i realized it wasnt the best written but my mind is in shambles and touching on explaining this ordeal in person is even difficult. I pray i will test negative but am prepared for the worst. Just wanted to share as i needed to let this out some how and to see if anyone else has had the same experiance. any feedback or replies is extremely appriciated as i dont have anyone to talk to at school. thank you and god bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: relentless ARS symptoms, just need to let it out..

Your 8 week test is a very good indication of your status and i would expect your next test to be negative, you dont have a lot to worry about.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 11-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: relentless ARS symptoms, just need to let it out..

I only skimmed through your post since it's a wall of text, but I see that you are concerned about symptoms. Read the top two sticky threads of this forum- symptoms do not diagnose HIV, tests do. If you tested negative at 8 weeks you can expect additional tests to be negative.

Closed Thread

Tags
ars symptom, hiv, hiv symptoms, seroconversion