It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 PM   #1
(male)

worried7484 HB User
HIV/Hepatitis possible exposure

So,

60 days ago after a night out and drinking I decided to make a bad decision and had unprotected sex with a girl. I am a 23 year old heterosexual male living in a small university town and prior to the encounter my past sexual history for the prior six months was just with one girl that was only being sexually active with me as well. After the unprotected sex I started having symptoms that really concerned me and admittedly I can't tell if these were in my head/ caused by stress and anxiety or if these were actually symptoms from possibly contracting HIV or hepatitis.

I got tested at 11 and 31 days after exposure and all tests for std's came back negative. Today I had a follow up appointment with the walk in physician that I had gotten the tests done with and voiced my concerns that maybe the tests wouldn't have picked up anything wrong with me since it was conducted too early. The doctor seems to think that these symptoms are in my head or unrelated to the unprotected sex (he thinks possibly i'm too hard on my liver from drinking since i'm a university student) but he sent me for more testing for hepatitis b and c and mono after I insisted and I should get the results back within two days after this weekend.

I am still very concerned that I may have something, my list of symptoms since I became worried are as follows:

2 weeks after unprotected sex: Had a really sore back and sore testicles for about 5-7 days. additionally I think I woke up twice that week with night sweats and one day that week I thought i didn't feel well at all and thought I was burning up a bit (i was freaking out) and went and bought a thermometer and checked orally and my temperature was within the normal levels. (it was one of those thermometers where the temperature showed up green if it was normal, orange if it was a little bit high and red if it was a fever, along with the actual temperature in farenheit) when i checked again by taking the temperature from my anus the thermometer showed orange and was just over the green threshold for a little above normal. during this time I think i also had one meal and had to pass stool almost right away and it was a little loose (mild diarrhoea i think would explain it best)
At about late 3rd week early 4th week: I really started developing no appetite whatsoever, I would wake up not be hungry at all throughout the whole day and would have to force myself to eat, this seemed to last about 3 weeks throughout that time and I think i generally lost around 10-15 pounds.(I'm a 240 lb. male)

Also at about the 4th week I went out drinking with all my friends and woke up the next morning and seemed to be itchy all over, I freaked out since i was having anxiety from a possible std and searched google which lead me to hepatitis symptoms of generalized itching (among others). I don't know if this made me subconscious of this symptom or not but i seemed to be itchy for the next couple of weeks some days it being a lot worse than others. I also seemed to have different bouts of abdominal stomach pain during this time, a lot of the time it being right below my right rib cage where the liver was.
Again after a night of heavy drinking at about 8 weeks post exposure i woke up with a sore upper right abdominal and the following day (2days after drinking heavy) it was sore all day. also at around this time i started getting random throbbing pains that would come on my elbow, my shoulder, my forearm, my knee, my shin etc. and my neck has been constantly sore for about a week. I also seem to yawn a lot, but its not like I'm really fatigued, i'll just yawn like i'm tired at like 2pm or 6pm etc. and carry on with whatever I'm doing.

I've also had a cold that I got about a week and a half ago (got the cold just before i started getting the random pains) and I've been taking vitamin c and echinacia pretty regularly to fight it but I still cough and that worries me.

I'd just like some other educated opinions on what this could be, since i am really stressed and anxious about it and it constantly dictates what I can accomplish in my day since I am overcome with worry.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User
Re: HIV/Hepatitis possible exposure

It's not as nearly a big deal as you are making it out to be.

Test at 3 months, collect your negative result, and move on with your life.

Closed Thread