It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
(male)

fortodayonly HB User
Should I get tested

Hi

I am probably worrying for no reason, this weekend whilst heavily intoxicated, I had sex with a female sex worker. Although intoxicated I know that a condom was used and remained in tact through out (although I know it contained seamen and had to be removed at the end, can it fail in any other way) the girl supplied the condom and provided me with a wipe at the end. This is completely out of character for me and I have never done this in the past.

I am now anxious beyond belief that I could have caught HIV and I guess looking for reassurance that this is not the case.

Do I need to get tested? Would a 10 or 28 day test be recommended! Please help I feel sick with worry

Thanks

Last edited by fortodayonly; 11-11-2012 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Corrections

Old 11-11-2012, 10:58 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Should t get tested

if their was sperm in the condom its fair to say you had protected sex, so you would not be at risk of hiv.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortodayonly View Post
Hi

I am probably worrying for no reason, but last weekend whilst heavily intoxicated, I had sex with a female sex worker. Although intoxicated I know that a condom was used and remained in tact through out (although I know it contained seamen and had to be removed at the end, can it fail in any other way) the girl supplied the condom and provided me with a wipe at the end. This is completely out of character for me and I have never done this in the past, however following a very stressful few months I wanted to release some steam and one thing led to another.

I am now anxious beyond belief that I could have caught HIV and I guess looking for reassurance that this is not the case. I have never had any std's in the past and previous blood tests to check for infertility to showed I was negative for HIV!

Do I need to get tested? Would a 10 or 28 day test be recommended! Please help I feel sick with worry

Thanks
Buddy, anxiety, fear of the unknown and guilt is what brings most people onto HIV forums. There really is nothing that can be offered here to address these emotions. What can be offered is advice on your risk of an HIV infection. It was zero, you had protected sex.

Let this go mate and get on with your life. Don’t let fear and guilt make the decisions for you. Use logic and science to do so.

HIV is not in your life, you have no need to test for it and have absolutely no reason to be worried about it.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 11-11-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typos

Old 11-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
(male)

fortodayonly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blokecalledkev View Post
Buddy, anxiety, fear of the unknown and guilt is what brings most people onto HIV forums. There really is nothing that can be offered here to address these emotions. What can be offered is advice on your risk of an HIV infection. It was zero, you had protected sex.

Let this go mate and get on it your life. Don’t let fear and guilt make the decisions for you. Use locig and science to do so.

HIV is not in your life, you have no need to test for it and have absolutely no reason to be worried about it.

Kevin.
Thank you! Sometimes I need to hear the voice of common sense. I know deep down everything is fine, but found myself running through the if, buts and maybes. I can honestly say I have never done anything like this in the past and I won't again in the future. I am thankful for your responses and for helping me put things in perspective. Amazing how a cold 6 days after the incident can play havoc with your mind

Closed Thread