It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

Guy241988 HB User
Help please, haven't slept much.

Hi. I hope you can help me. I am a 24 year old guy and recently I had sex with aTS. I had receptive anal with condom and for few mins I gave her oral without a condom.  I constantly checked to see if the condom was on. No ejaculation took place during the entire time. I rarely engage in one night stands like this but I am extremely worried. What are my risks? i hope some of you can help me. This is all assuming this person has hiv.

Some stuff worth noting, i have a healthy mouth no lesions or bruises or any of the sort. Also I have a strong immune system, i rarely get sick. Does this come into play?

Old 11-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Help please, haven't slept much.

Well protected sex is not a risk of hiv as condoms are 100% reliable in the protection of hiv. As for oral sex, again zero risk. The mouth is a hostile place with over a dozen emzymes and proteins that would make the virus inactive.

So you have nothing to worry about regarding hiv.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

No worries or risks at all there buddy....thanks to using a condom. Apollo covered it well.

There is not even a need to test after this encounter....so relax and sleep

The Following User Says Thank You to SOTM For This Useful Post:
Scareddude1990 (11-14-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Guy241988 HB User

Thanks for the responses. I seriously forgot to add that i was rimmed too and that at a point the condom slipped pulling out and she put it back on. Would you guys say that odds are in my favor? Is it true people don't always contract hiv on one episode? Does she not ejaculating help my chances?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

If the penis was covered with the condom while inside you there was zero risk. Rimming is zero risk as well for HIV.

I'll hesitantly answer your last couple of questions. You have to stop with thinking you were at risk. Protected sex does not transmit HIV, period. You had protected sex, stop trying to think of reasons why it may have happened.

Yes, it is true that HIV is not neccesarily transmitted on te first time. The level of risk vaies with the sex actand other factor like concurrent STDs and viral loads. In general...UNprotected sex with a KNOWN positive person transmits HIV an AVERAGE of 1 in 1000-2000 for vaginal sex, ad maybe 1 in 150-200 for receptive anal sex. All it takes is once.

But again....you were not at risk here because you used a condom. Plus, she was most likely not even infected. If you do not believe anyone here, simply go for a blood test. An modern antibody test is very accurate at 4-6 weeks (90-99% accurate and 100% conclusive at 3 months. I would be expecting a negative if I were you.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Guy241988 HB User

Maybe I am looking into this way too much like you said and I really am ok, i am going to try and relax and make sense of things. I can't help but scracth every possibility. i feel really scared and my mom can tell. I hope with my all my heart that indeed i am ok.

Thanks though for your time and words.

Last edited by Guy241988; 11-13-2012 at 08:35 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Guy241988 For This Useful Post:
Scareddude1990 (11-14-2012)
Old 11-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Guy241988 HB User

Sorry to bother again. It's been 8 days since my incident and i just feel so anxious and confused. Is it normal that anxiety and reading all over the internet about hiv that it caused me a mind haze? I don't even know what happened anymore. I am so confused, does that fact that there was no ejaculation...anyone? I am scared because i can kind of remember a condom slip and i remember checking if the condom was on but am not sure anymore.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Hi,

Buddy you are doing the worst thing anybody who as an HIV concern can possibly do. Using Google to look for small clues. Do yourself a huge favour and get offline and stop using Google. Google is not your friend where HIV is concerned. There is more than enough rubbish and contradictory stuff out there to freak anybody out. It will count for absolutely nothing and will have zero impact on an HIV test, which is the only way and I mean the ONLY way to determine an HIV status.

Given your zero(you had protected sex) risk of an HIV infection, if you decide to test it will be for peace of mind. In the meantime, please stop bouncing around the net looking for answers, they are not there.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 11-18-2012 at 04:16 PM.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

Guy241988 HB User

Thanks Kev. Well to be honest the past week i've online doing just that. Sometimes i feel like i can find comfort like that but now i just feel like i'm going insane :/ idk know what to think anymore. I also stopped smoking weed and i feel like am gonna lose it. I am sorry. You think because of all the reading that i've been doing that i'm full of fear? :/

Old 11-18-2012, 04:22 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Buddy I cannot and will not comment on what the cause of your physical ailments are, speculation on forums about symptoms is pointless and is of no benefit you whatsoever. There is a sticky thread above detailing why and the type of advice you can be offered here, please read it.

What can be commented on is your risk of an HIV infection, it was zero. How you deal with this fact is down to you.

What you can do to help yourself is get offline and stop using Google as an HIV diagnostics tool. An HIV status is not determined via the internet.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 11-18-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

Guy241988 HB User

What i am concerned about is the condom slip...as he pulled out condom slipped and put it back on...doesn't this increase my risks?

Old 11-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

Are you actually reading the replies? Zero risk is zero risk; you cannot increase a zero risk, no matter what you add to this. You had protected sex, get over it and move on with your life.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

Guy241988 HB User

Today i woke up with a white tongue...could this be due to the extreme anxiety and nightmares ive been having? I know symptoms mean nothing but when you are scared anything is a cause for fear.

I want to believe that it is indeed anxiety that is causing to over think the risks i had...tho there was no ejaculation the pre seminal fluids have extremely worried.

I brushed the tongue and the coating came off...so was it thrush or just dryness?

Last edited by Guy241988; 11-19-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #14
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

If you need to ask, is this hiv then you have not read and understood the posts buds. So please read them again and take in the information. To add, if you were at any risk at all you would have been told.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 11-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

You've been told repeatedly there was zero risk here, buddy.

Two things can happen from here on:

1) You accept what we say, that there was no risk from this encounter. If there was even the slightest chance of HIV infection, we would say something, we are not trying to hide something or sugar coat anything.

2) You can ignore what we say, and focus on various everyday symptoms and the ever downward spiral of anxiety. They feed on each other. Then after a few months of freaking yourself out and harming your health, you will test negative and relax and say...."symptoms mean nothing". It has been seen here a thousand times before.

Please take option one . Someone with your level of anxiety will want an HIV test anyways, but please stop freaking out. Get a test at 6 weeks for extrememly accurate results and a conclusinve one at 3 months. Again....this is only because of your anxiety level over this.....I would not even bother testing for the exposure you detail.

Closed Thread