It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
(male)

charms99 HB User
High Anxiety

Okay, I'm going to be as detailed a possible because I am very nervous. On November 4th and November 12th I engaged in protected oral and vaginal sex with a prostitute (different girl each time). Each time they provided a condom and afterward sprayed with what they said was alcohol.The condom was removed with paper towel as well. They both seemed very cautious about the whole thing in making sure not to touch bodily fluids. Neither time did the condom break.
Additional details: I'm a caucasian circumcised male and both partners were of asian decent. I realize how terrible the decision I made was. I suffer from anxiety and depression. I was off medication for these incidents and acted out sexually. I also called the service for the girls afterward (should have done it before hand) and they said all the girls are clean but I'm not sure if I can take their word for it.
I'm really worried about everything to the point I can't sleep or eat. I'm freaking out. Everything I read online says that since protection was used I will be fine but I'm still nervous. Is it likely I may be infected? Should I pursue an hiv test in the near future?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: High Anxiety

Protected sex is just that "protected". Condoms are 100% reliable in the protection against HIV, so you have nothing at all to worry about and do not need to take a HIV test.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
charms99 (11-14-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by charms99 View Post
Is it likely I may be infected? Should I pursue an hiv test in the near future?
No and no. You had an extremely protected encounter, and the very last thing on your mind should be HIV. You did not catch it from this.

The Following User Says Thank You to SOTM For This Useful Post:
charms99 (11-14-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
(male)

charms99 HB User

I've been feeling a little better than to your posts and talking on the phone with a few hotlines. They seem to believe based on the information I've given that I am almost certainly going to be okay. However, I've started to worry about what kind of condom was used. It was the same packaging both times but I'm worried it might have been a natural lambskin. Do either of you think there is any chance of that? I've heard they are much more expensive and thus very unlikely to used by prostitutes in any situation.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

They would only use latex or simular products. They are more popular as they are the most common buds. Worry not your fine.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
charms99 (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
(male)

charms99 HB User

I guess I have just been a little more worried today because a few days after the encounter I got what I believe to be jock itch and I had a white tongue today.

Closed Thread

Tags
hiv