It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
(male)

tricky777 HB User
Genuine massage worry

Hi,

I visited a Chinese massage place for genuine neck and shoulder pain last night. I sat on a chair clothed with the lady massaging my neck and shoulders with her bare hands. I declined an offer to lie down. My only concern is that she had very sweaty hands and I could feel the wetness on my neck and forehead. I had some spots on my neck and forehead and am stressing that the sweat could have infected me through the spots with HIV or anything else as she was pressing very hard. Is this even possible? Nothing else happened.

Many thanks

Old 11-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Genuine massage worry

Hiv is passed on via unprotected sex as you have been told many times.

Three things you really need to do buds.

Stop going to these places, your not mentally stable enough to deal with them.

Get help for you hiv phobia.

Get educated about hiv.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
(male)

tricky777 HB User

Thanks Apollo, helpful as always. I think you've hit the nail on the head. It's not just these places I worry about, it's everything I do day in day out. I need to get some help, any recommendations?
Thanks
Tricky

Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Hi Tricky. Well you could see a psychologist, their are plenty in the UK. Now your doctor may be able to sort one out for you free of cost, if you explain how much this effects you life. But if its really causing you a lot of problems then certainly see one. Im sure their is a reason to why your so scared and its nothing HIV related really and they will help you over come this. Many on this forum have been for help and came back to update us that they had got over their HIV phobia.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 11-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #5
(male)

tricky777 HB User

Thanks Apollo, I will book an appointment with my doctor next week. It was just that in this scenario because she was rubbing my neck so hard, I thought her sweat could have permeated my soar skin that's if she was HIV positive of course? Also, I'm aware of the other types of activities that go on in these places, I was worried that due to her not wearing gloves, she might still have the remnants of a previous massage on them.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

HIV cannot be passed on via contact, it cannot survive outside the body. Thats why only unprotected sex is a risk of HIV transmission.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:49 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

fasthelp HB User

man i have had similar problem. i was even afraid to grab at the products in a supermarket because i thought that there might be a syringe between that someone lost there. and i also could open doors or grab in trashcans to throw things away because i thought that there might be a syringe attached to the doorhandle. i also could hardly walk on the street because everytime i saw a red dot i thought its blood that will infect me. and i was always very afraid when i touched something on my glans or in my nose because i thought that somehow the virus could have come in my body like this. but now i'm over this for half a year because i looked at my friends how they behave and then saw that it is very irrational and than the fear went away. you should look at other people how they behave and than you will also start to behave normal again. sometimes a psycologist is not neccessary...
i e.g. also couldnt eat in restaurants cuz i thought that the cook cut himself and i'm gonna eat his blood... so it cause a lot of restrictions in my life...

Old 11-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky777 View Post
Hi,

I visited a Chinese massage place for genuine neck and shoulder pain last night. I sat on a chair clothed with the lady massaging my neck and shoulders with her bare hands. I declined an offer to lie down. My only concern is that she had very sweaty hands and I could feel the wetness on my neck and forehead. I had some spots on my neck and forehead and am stressing that the sweat could have infected me through the spots with HIV or anything else as she was pressing very hard. Is this even possible? Nothing else happened.

Many thanks
Buddy you should seek professional counselling for your HIV phobia and obsession. This is the fourth thread you have started here and in each one it has been explained, clearly and precisely, how HIV is transmitted.

You are either not reading what has been posted or not taking note. Either way an HIV forum is not the place for your obsessions, please seek professional help.

Once again you were not at risk.

Closed Thread