It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
(female)

sunshine8989 HB User
Exclamation had uprotected sex 6 years ago, could i be HIV+ and not having no symptoms?

Hello ! My story is somehow like yours... I am a person that get stressed of diseases and all time think that i have something..But for HIV i get crazy stressed..I actually Got stressed recently..for an uprotected action of sex that happened 6 years ago...
I am 23 years old girl ,and i had unprotected sex twice 6 years ago..in a relationship but that didnt last for long..Since then i didnt make any HIV test...Now 6 years and even little more passed...And i was always fine..of course i got sick sometimes i usually get sick around 2 times the year ,i dont have swollen lypmhs,bt i dont also remember on that time if i had symptoms like this because its so long time passed..Also i had a lot of blood tests many times,all the kinds(except HIV) because last year i had a surgery so i got checked a lot of times..i know the normal blood test doesnt show u HIV but same time i dont know if anything in the blood test could create the need to go test also this(i dont know maybe low whitecells or something)
I read in the forum that HIV gets transmited of course but not soo easy as we think..also i dont know if this person had HIV but he told me he checked and he didnt have and he wanted to make unprotected( i hope he was not of the crazy people who want to make others sick)...
Now my question is...Its been 6 years and i am ok..i know i could cary the virus same time,doesnt mean that i am at lower risk?? Now u ll tell me why dont u go get checked..Well..i m so afraid of a positive result..i cant explain u how much scared of it so i better dont know about it..
but sometimes i think,its been more than 6 years,and i got exposured to this guy only 2 times..same time i dont know if he was HIV positive..maybe he wasnt,but in case he was...you know..sorry my sentences maybe dont make sense but i am so scared..and it happened to me to get scared now..the last 2 years i am hypochondriac..i m afraid that i have tumors,cancers and things like this so often..please replyyyyyyyy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User
Re: had uprotected sex 6 years ago..could i be HIV+ and not having no symptoms?

it would be unlikely for you to have hiv.
a quick way to know for sure is a test.

hiv is not something to be afraid of,
it is something you should be aware of
and it is easily preventable with the use of condoms.
good luck

The Following User Says Thank You to smiteler For This Useful Post:
sunshine8989 (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #3
(female)

sunshine8989 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post

good luck
Thank you for your answer smiteler.You know i am afraid not because i am afraid of death but from the suffering it comes to the last stages...and i dont know if i sound crazy but i think if i have i dont want to know and i prefer to die faster than being waiting for this even long years..maybe i sound crazy i know..I want to get testet..the only reason i dont is that i dont find the courage..i

i am so depresive person..to be honest,since those 2 unprotected times of sex i take care more..i was so young and i didnt know much things about that..i hope the guy didnt have HIV ..I

Last edited by Administrator; 11-20-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:28 AM   #4
(female)

sunshine8989 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiteler View Post

good luck
Also i forgot to ask,why you say its unlikely for me to have hiv?because the intercourse happened only 2-3 times? i mean,does it matter how many times u make sex?he didnt ejaculate inside me but that scares me tillnow is that he was so sure that he didnt have and i remember i told him "what if i have"and he said i m sure u dont have,(how can he be sure,maybe coz i was 17?) u know this security he had scares me is like he knew he had and wanted to infect...i dont know how i got convinced like this on this age..would i have any symptoms in those 6 years?especially now the years become more??

Old 11-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

The answer to all your questions us simple, take a HIV test.

How can you scared of something that had not happened? All this is, is speculation and paranoia. The facts will resolve this.

You need help for your current mental state. You could of coarse test negative and move on with life, infact the only way to resolve this, is from testing and its in your hands on when you want this resolved and if you really do.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Last edited by Administrator; 11-20-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #6
(female)

sunshine8989 HB User
Post Re: had uprotected sex 6 years ago..could i be HIV+ and not having no symptoms?

I am hypochondriac this is true..I hope i ll find the courage sooner or later to take the HIV test...to be honest also they do anonymous the test only in the city in my country which is a trip for me so this doesnt encourage me so..if in my area i could easily go do it maybe i would have finished it earlier..

Last edited by Administrator; 11-20-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

You not the first and certainly wont be the last to worry about testing, its normal for anyone to be worried about any test but the more you leave it the worse it gets and effects your mental state.

The advise is, go and have a Rapid test and get the results in 15 minutes. Its very unlikley you will even have HIV but for your own mental state i urge you please take the test to resolve this so you can move on with your life. Even if you have to take somone with you, please do it. Im sure everything will be fine

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Closed Thread