It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #1
(male)

stress80 HB User
HIV exposure and freaking out!!!

I'm new to this and after reading some posts I feel somewhat relaxed, but still stress and anxiety is to the max!
about 4 weeks ago I had protected oral and protected anal(I was the inserter)with a sexworker...was way intoxicated!
There was no kissing just massaging then she pulled out a condom, gave me oral with it on. After that she grabbed lubricant and I proceeded to penetrate. It didn't last long at all 3-5 min the most and I didn't ejaculate, as I was way too hammered. I don't really know if the condom came off, don't think so. After that we passed out for a while, then and I don't know why, woke up started to put the condom on again. Once I realized what the hell am I doing I took it off and passed out until early morning. I woke up and freaked the hell out and got out of there as soon as possible, but stupid I totally forgot to ask her status. I'm assuming she's HIV positive as she did seem clean at all.
About a week later I started looking up signs of infection, and also realized I could of taken PEP...I'm stupid! Another week I got tested 12 days after exposure, everything turned out negative, but know now that's too soon.
Two weeks after my exposure I noticed my tongue was white and scalloped...that's when the anxiety and stress has completely taken me over. I feel slight bump in groin, swollen glands in neck, sore throat and dry cough. I feel like my glands swell more when my anxiety gets out of control. I plan on taking the test at three months, but until then I can't concentrate on work and the gym only helps some.
This has been such a horrifying, but learning experience for me. Has anyone experienced or experiencing same situation? I've never had swollen glands in neck before and have never experience stress and anxiety like this! The only thing I can do is pray for forgiveness and definitely want to be a new man if I get through this with just a horrible scare.
I want to put out good blessings for anyone who has experience same situations and for you that have been diagnosed with HIV. I just want to be a better man through this no matter what!
Sorry for the long text, but any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by stress80; 11-20-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: HIV exposure and freaking out!!!

You had protected sex, you were never at risk. Paranoia is not a foundation for a HIV risk. Please dont even proceed in talk about symptoms, they are speculative not factual. The facts are you had protected sex and you were safe from HIV.

To assume somone has HIV is quiet insulting. They use condoms to protect themselves from you so its unlikley she would have HIV.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 11-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #3
(male)

stress80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
You had protected sex, you were never at risk. Paranoia is not a foundation for a HIV risk. Please dont even proceed in talk about symptoms, they are speculative not factual. The facts are you had protected sex and you were safe from HIV.

To assume somone has HIV is quiet insulting. They use condoms to protect themselves from you so its unlikley she would have HIV.

Forgive me as I should have reworded my experience. I absolutely mean no disrespect to anyone, especially someone who's living with HIV. You're right I should be lucky that she did have protection as I was the one intoxicated.
Again I mean no disrespect to anyone on here, cause I know we all make mistakes...especially me!

Old 11-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #4
(male)

stress80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post

I know you get this a lot, but is it normal for people to feel swollen glands and white tongue due to heavy stress and anxiety? I feel like under my chin gets tighten like a big ball of muscle.
I'm testing again at the three month mark, but I'm hoping it's my stress that's causing all this. Knock on wood...no fever or rash, but I'm still going on the fourth week since exposure.
I find your responses comforting in a way and really appreciate you taking time to answer my questions.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stress80 View Post
is it normal for people to feel swollen glands and white tongue due to heavy stress and anxiety?.
It is normal because of your heavy stress and anxiety over this total non issue. You are freaked out and searching the internet and scouring your body for anything you deem abnormal.

Apollo already covered it, but here it is again....ZERO RISK for HIV. That means you do not have it. "Exposure" would mean you had UNprotected sex with a known infected person. You did not have an exposure.

You do not have HIV. You were never even at risk for it because you had protected sex. Where you go from here is up to you....you can either continue on with this needless worry and fretting over something you do not have....or you can accept the fact that you do not have HIV because of protected sex. Someone with your level of anxiety will always test( and test, and test, and test), it is not needed! BUT...go for the 3 month test simply to calm your anxiety....it will be negative.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
(male)

stress80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTM View Post
It is normal because of your heavy stress and anxiety over this total non issue. You are freaked out and searching the internet and scouring your body for anything you deem abnormal.

Apollo already covered it, but here it is again....ZERO RISK for HIV. That means you do not have it. "Exposure" would mean you had UNprotected sex with a known infected person. You did not have an exposure.

You do not have HIV. You were never even at risk for it because you had protected sex. Where you go from here is up to you....you can either continue on with this needless worry and fretting over something you do not have....or you can accept the fact that you do not have HIV because of protected sex. Someone with your level of anxiety will always test( and test, and test, and test), it is not needed! BUT...go for the 3 month test simply to calm your anxiety....it will be negative.

I hope you're right, because I've never had white tongue, swollen lymph nodes in groin and neck at the same time. If I'm negative it will be a miracle.
Either way this has been a life changing event for me!

Old 11-22-2012, 04:24 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

There's nothing miraculous about testing negative for something that you were never exposed to in the first place! That's not a miracle. That's common sense!

Old 11-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #8
(male)

stress80 HB User

Quote:
I hope you're right, because I've never had white tongue, swollen lymph nodes in groin and neck at the same time. If I'm negative it will be a miracle.
Either way this has been a life changing event for me!
So I couldn't take waiting 3 months and told my best friend my situation yesterday. I can't believe how supportive he was and he drove me to get tested. I did a 20 min result antibody test for HIV 1 and 2...both negative! I just knew the doctor was going to say positive.
I feel so much better, but am still going to get tested in a few months again. Testing yesterday was exactly a month from possible exposure. Something would've shown up by then right? Either way I'm still going to get tested again and this has truly taught me a lesson! Nothing, but safe sex from now on, unless it's a monogamous relationship and we're both tested.
I think it's good for people to get scares like this, cause it will definitely wake your eyes up and realize to start practicing safe sex and help preventing the spread of HIV. I'm also optimistic that in the near future scientists are going to find a cure. After reading all the information on HIV I feel more knowledgeable about it, which helps with my future sex life. I think everyone needs to read up on HIV and other disease information to stay informative about the situation at hand.
Well sorry for the long text, but thank you for listening to me and also helping to keep my stress and anxiety down.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:43 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

Quote:
So I couldn't take waiting 3 months and told my best friend my situation yesterday. I can't believe how supportive he was and he drove me to get tested. I did a 20 min result antibody test for HIV 1 and 2...both negative! I just knew the doctor was going to say positive.
I feel so much better, but am still going to get tested in a few months again. Testing yesterday was exactly a month from possible exposure. Something would've shown up by then right? Either way I'm still going to get tested again and this has truly taught me a lesson! Nothing, but safe sex from now on, unless it's a monogamous relationship and we're both tested.
I think it's good for people to get scares like this, cause it will definitely wake your eyes up and realize to start practicing safe sex and help preventing the spread of HIV. I'm also optimistic that in the near future scientists are going to find a cure. After reading all the information on HIV I feel more knowledgeable about it, which helps with my future sex life. I think everyone needs to read up on HIV and other disease information to stay informative about the situation at hand.
Well sorry for the long text, but thank you for listening to me and also helping to keep my stress and anxiety down.
You were NEVER at risk for HIV, so of course it was negative. There was never a need to test in the first place, so any test you have for this incident from here out will be negative. Had you had an actual risk- which you did not- a one month test would be very reassuring, 6 weeks 99%+ conclusive, and 3 months fully conclusive.

I know you are going to read into that the wrong way.....so I'll say again you did not have a risk of HIV here. None, nada, zip zero....NO RISK. It means any testing you do is a waste of time for this event. You tested negative, so you did not have HIV before this...and you did not contract it from this encounter. Please move on....

Closed Thread

Tags
anxiety, exposure, hiv symptoms, swollen glands