It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
(male)

jordan29 HB User
hiv fear risk... test advice

Im a 29 year old male .after deciding that i would never have sex until marriage, 80 days ago i met a girl and decided to have sex with her for the first time, she seemed sexually active, anyway we get home so she performed oral on me for about a minute and i performed oral on her for maybe three minutes and then we had protected sex for about 5 minutes and that was it we had the lights off for thr whole time and then she left. I noticed a very small bump in my urethra after a couple of days i dont know if it was there before, then i had a red rash on my penis, so i start googling and i directly link it to hpv i accapted it and decided to move on, after about a month i kept feeling pain in my liver area so i google again and i freek out thinking i have hiv after around a week the pain goes away and i calm down, but guess what i got a sore throat after that and that is when i start to pannic like crazy i was so afraid i lost my mind, and after numerious pannic attacks i got 3 mouth ulcers which lasted a couple of days wich freeked me out more then i started looking for lymph nodes but i only found one on my neck the size of an m&m so thats when i convinved my self 3 days ago that im hiv+ ..and just before posting this i found that my tongue is white and fuzzy with red spots on the back. im too afraid of getting tested. what i really want to know is what is my risk for contracting hiv.. And should i really go get a 3 month test.. please help me guys ive not been myselfe lately, i have zero apettite and i stopped doing the things that i used to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: hiv fear risk .. test advice

Hi jordan, well its good news. Protected sex is just and that means you will not get hiv from that. Oral sex certaintly in the manner you mention is impossible of hiv transmission.

Salvia carrys no active hiv antibodys and you on her carries no risk as the mouth would protected you against hiv due the dozen emzymes and protiens in the mouth. In 30 years their has never been a case of hiv transmission from oral sex and your not going to be the first.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
jordan29 (11-21-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User
Re: hiv fear risk .. test advice

Googling symptoms serves no purpose other than to boost fears and anxiety.

Thumbs up on the protected sex, it means you had zero risk of HIV here. There is no need to even test after this.....but by all means go for it if it would calm you down, it will be negative

The Following User Says Thank You to SOTM For This Useful Post:
jordan29 (11-21-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #4
(male)

jordan29 HB User
Re: hiv fear risk... test advice

Thanks guys you made me feel better.. im telling you google is the dvil. all ive been doing is looking for symptoms and trying to find them in my body.. And my mind is so strong in convencing me stuff.... what a nightmare anxiety disorder is...

Old 11-21-2012, 02:31 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Google can be great for certain things, but for HIV its never been any use at all and creates more paranoia and mis information than i care for.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 11-21-2012, 03:34 AM   #6
(male)

jordan29 HB User

Thak you SOTM and Apollo123 for taking the time.. another question are there alot of people who freack out over zero risck????

The Following User Says Thank You to jordan29 For This Useful Post:
tharan (11-25-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 04:06 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Everyone who posts on this HiV board and majority of other HIV Prevention boards all over the Internet freak out about no risk situations. And it doesn't seem to matter how many times their same question has been answered, they ask the same question over and over again, re-wording it thinking that will change the answer but the fact of the matter is that "no risk" is no risk and there's nothing anyone can say that will change that.

The following user gives a hug of support to Kszan:
jordan29 (11-21-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
jordan29 (11-21-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 04:17 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan29 View Post
Thak you SOTM and Apollo123 for taking the time.. another question are there alot of people who freack out over zero risck????
Yup, more so than those who actually have a real risk of HIV.

jordan29 (11-21-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #9
(male)

jordan29 HB User

Its such a reliefe to know that there hasnt been any hiv cases from oral.. i think ill be able to sleep again.. you guys have no idea ho much help you been.

The Following User Says Thank You to jordan29 For This Useful Post:
Apollo123 (11-21-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #10
(male)

jordan29 HB User

hey guys... sorry to come back after I was a 100 % positive of my zero risk status but this crazy looking tongue of mine is driving me nuts (white, fuzzy, with red spots on the back)... so what I'm asking : if symptoms are hiv related they would show up in the first 2-4 weeks right? not in the 9th week... another thing that's been bugging me is what if I get a false positive when I test because of the cold that I have?? I don't know how I could live through receiving such news...

thanks a lot

Old 11-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
Facilitator
(male)

My last post.

You dont need to test, up to you if you do, your choise. As you, we dont talk about symptoms as they are pointless, more so in your case. but to add, you would not get any symptoms that late, but then hiv has no specfic symptoms anyway.

This forum is not design for paranoia buds and this where this thread has gone.

jordan29 (11-22-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #12
(male)

jordan29 HB User

I'm terribly sorry for being this dumb.. I totally understand if you feel like kicking me in the face... lol

Old 11-24-2012, 05:39 AM   #13
(male)

jordan29 HB User

Hi guys.. so i went and had my 84 day hiv test and it came back negative
I was so releifed . i wouldnt have had the courage to do it without you guys. It was a blood test and i waited an hour for the result. the nurse there told me that it takes 5 months for the virus to show in my blood... I think its an old type of test.. what do you guys think should i ignore her or what? Thanks

Last edited by jordan29; 11-24-2012 at 05:41 AM.

Old 11-24-2012, 06:17 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan29 View Post
. so i went and had my 84 day hiv test and it came back negative

what do you guys think should i ignore her or what? Thanks
Of course it was negative because you can't test positive for something that you were never exposed to in the first place! In answer to your second question, what do you think would be the answer, since you didn't have any exposure in the first place and have been told repeatedly that there is zero reason to test for a non exposure?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
jordan29 (11-24-2012)
Old 11-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #15
Facilitator
(male)

even if you had a risk that test would prove you dont have hiv, so really, go out and just enjoy the weekend buds :-)

jordan29 (11-24-2012)
Closed Thread