It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #1
(male)

SteinmetzTravis HB User
Need information... Lonely and scared

I am gay, 26 year old, currently living in India

I got tested for HIV 2 years back and it was negative.

Exactly 5 and half weeks back I had sex with a a gay man who is Dutch..I am clueless about his HIV status..He went back to Netherlands now..The guy appeared to be very frail and and introvert..so I suspect that he knows he is HIV positive

It was unprotected oral sex (both did to each other) and as far as I know i did not take the ejaculation into my mouth.....and also protected anal sex (he penetrated me with condoms and water lube)

Now after 5.5 weeks I am getting all the scary symptoms..

1) High fever 102 to 103 degree
2) Chills when the temperature shoots up
3) Head ache
4) severe sore throat
5) No cough and no running nose
6) No red rashes yet...I pray that I do not get the rash

I just came back from hospital...I did not ask for the HIV test and I did not mention any of these things to the doctor...I am too scared at this moment to test...I will test for all STDs probably after 3 months of abstinence

The doctor should have assumed that it was a bacterial infection and so prescribed me antibiotics..I am yet to start the dosage..will start it shortly today

My questions are

1) Does acute HIV symptoms start 5.5 weeks after exposure? I find conflicting info from the internet...Some says from 2 to 4 weeks...Some says it can happen even after 8 to 10 weeks

2) I understand oral sex is of low risk and risk is almost zero if there was no ejaculation...But still considering the symptoms and that it was a gay man, I am scared..I also understand that anal sex with condoms is of low risk..and as far as i know the condom did not break...But I can not be 100% sure..He quickly disposed the condom after pulling out

I have played the Russian roulette and now breaking my head

3) If the fever comes down for ANTIBIOTICS (which doctor prescribed today and I am yet to start the dosage), does that mean that it was just some bacterial infection and can I rule out the possibility of HIV ?

Please help....I had to attend a wedding ceremony tomorrow..But I have cancelled it as the temperature is very high..and I am lonely here in my home..I dont know what to do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 06:12 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Need information..Lonely and scared

Its quite simple, symptoms are pointless as HIV has no specfic symptoms anyway and Kevin has a sticky thread in more detail about this.

In short, you had zero risk and it is zero. Their have been no reported case's of HIV transmission from oral sex and this includes couples where one partner is positive ( you just guessing about yours ). So you being the first, not going to happen mate.

1 Ars happens 2 -6 weeks, no more

2 Oral sex zero risk and so is PROTECTED, neither are low risk, its just termanology.

3 Yes. HIV would no go away with that medication.

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 11-22-2012, 06:16 AM   #3
(male)

SteinmetzTravis HB User

thanks for the reply Apollo

So, you mean to say that it is bit unlikely that ARS starts at 5.5 weeks ?

Old 11-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteinmetzTravis View Post
thanks for the reply Apollo

So, you mean to say that it is bit unlikely that ARS starts at 5.5 weeks ?
As you had no risk, thats correct

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Old 11-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
(male)

SteinmetzTravis HB User

Hey Apollo

The fever has come down dramatically after I started taking antibiotic :-) I am totally relieved after taking just two pills of antibiotic

I am now convinced that it was some bacterial infection and not a viral infection, let alone HIV ..hahaha

Thanks for your support...I am happy now

Old 11-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

no worries buds, im glad your feeling better :-)

Closed Thread