It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 04:18 AM   #1
(male)

medes HB User
So Depressed in 5 months waiting.

Anyone please help.
I'm Joe first of all pardon me, english is not my mother language and i still learn it. i'm male 30 years old. at the end of may 2012 i had sexual activities with male. he gived me blow job (oral) and i didn't give him oral, we didn't wear any condom when practising it. And then he gived me hand job. my questions are : 1. can i get hiv from oral sex? (insertive) 2. can i get HIV if his hand had been expose to his precum fluid and then he gived me a hand job? 3. On June, starting experiencing sore throt , mild fever, diarrhea on week 3, i have constant fatigue, i dont know wheter i have swollen lymph gland or not, my stomach is upset, are those hiv acute symptoms? until now i experiencing fatigue, blured vision than before, i found a few floats and flashes in my vision. 4. i have tested my self after 3 weeks exposure and i get NR. and then at 5 month with rapid test at public hospital also NR, i want to ask also about accuracy of my test? how about delayed seroconversion case? what kind of people experiencing delayed seroconverison.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: So Depressed in 5 months waiting.

1. Oral sex has been proven its not a valid risk of HIV transmission
2. NO, HIV cannot replicate outside the body. Once exposed to air it becomes inactive.
3. No, HIV has no specfic symptoms and you were not at risk of HIV.
4. Your tests have proved you dont have HIV from a no risk situation. Delayed sero is not a concern

Hope that helps

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

The Following User Says Thank You to Apollo123 For This Useful Post:
medes (11-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
(male)

medes HB User

Thank you Apollo for quick response

Sorry about my english.

forget to mention, I did deep kissing, and i was worried it could causes minor injury on my mouth... after that i develop a canker core.

i want to convince myself that i didn't get hiv from that situation, but i can't.
there is something wrong with my body, i still have sore throat, more than 6 Kg weightloss in 5 months, fatigue, etc....
during 5 months, i've being so stressed and so depressed about contracting hiv,
i'm from a country whom the people are very conservatives and have strong stigma about HIV.
i've read some article about delayed seroconversion.... and worried if i'm experiencing that.
what do you think about that? could stress delay seroconversion time?

Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Kissing is not a risk of HIV. You will only get HIV from unprotected sex or sharing IV needles, nothing else. So delayed sero cannot be an issue for you as you never had a risk of HIV. But you the record, delayed sero will only happen and even this is very rare indeed if your on medication for a new organ, or been using IV drugs for many years or aggressive chemo.

So, to confirm, you had ZERO risk of HIV and you have nothing to worry about

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

medes (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #5
(male)

medes HB User

my doctor conduct me to take CD4 count....

i don't know what is that for.

and my counsellor said 6 months test still needed.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by medes View Post
my doctor conduct me to take CD4 count....

i don't know what is that for.

and my counsellor said 6 months test still needed.
Well they are incorrect and require training about HIV. YOu have already tested negative from a no risk exposure, you dont have HIV, so their is little else i can add apart from change your doctor mate.

medes (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

SOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB UserSOTM HB User

You were never at risk for HIV, so you never needed any testing in the first place. Your 5 month test is 100% conclusive, any test later than 3 months is 100% conclusive.

Your Doctor is pretty uninformed on HIV.

The Following User Says Thank You to SOTM For This Useful Post:
medes (11-27-2012)
Old 11-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #8
(male)

medes HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo123 View Post
Well they are incorrect and require training about HIV. YOu have already tested negative from a no risk exposure, you dont have HIV, so their is little else i can add apart from change your doctor mate.
Thank you again Apollo123...
i'm still trying to convince myself about that...
but i believe something wrong about my body...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOTM View Post
You were never at risk for HIV, so you never needed any testing in the first place. Your 5 month test is 100% conclusive, any test later than 3 months is 100% conclusive.

Your Doctor is pretty uninformed on HIV.
Thank you SOTM , even my test was a rapid test one? My VCT counselor said that was SD Bioline Rapid Test. I don't have an access to PCR RNA test.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

Your doctors training on HIV is a travesty to the field of medicine. A rapid test is just as accurate as a traditional blood test after 3 months, IF someone has had an exposure, and you never did. You are HIV negative and there is absolutely no question about that.

Closed Thread

Tags
hiv