It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
(male)

Bergmani HB User
HIV concern

On Nov 14 I had a sexual encounter with a gay male where I performed oral sex on him for about 2 minutes. He did not ejaculate in my mouth and I am unsure whether or not there was pre-***. No condom was worn by the way. He didn't appear to have any open cuts on his genitals and I am pretty sure I didn't have any in mouth.

I went on my merry way and the next day, not even 24 hours later, I began feeling very sick. That night on Nov 15, I became very ill with flu like symptoms. It is now more than 2 weeks later and my flu like symptoms are mostly gone except I am dealing with an irritable sore throat. I know it says not to talk about symptoms on here but I feel it is important to my story because the flu like illness I experienced was very intense even though it was then gone by the next evening on Nov 16.

The guy I performed oral on says that he is HIV negative and clean. He also says that he tested negative in July and hasn't had a single sexual encounter since then. I want to believe him but he just doesn't reassure me because he is a stranger to me.

I know the ultimate answer is testing but I am worrying myself constantly with this. Can anybody help me out? Maybe drop some knowledge on me about the situation. Please take it easy on me

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: HIV concern

I would say, nothing to worry about regarding hiv. It is possible to get a std and you may want to test for those just rule them out but being ill was nothing more than a coincidence buds.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
(male)

Bergmani HB User

I ended up getting an HIV test just because I was at the doctor anyway for my symptoms. It was 18 days after the event. I got the test back yesterday & it was negative. How effective can a test be after 18 days?

I have also developed what I believe could be a cold sore on my outer lip, should this be of concern to me?

Thank you

Old 12-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

tharan HB User

hye. your test is pointless because oral sex is not valid pathway for hiv. hope that help.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergmani View Post
I ended up getting an HIV test just because I was at the doctor anyway for my symptoms. It was 18 days after the event. I got the test back yesterday & it was negative. How effective can a test be after 18 days?

I have also developed what I believe could be a cold sore on my outer lip, should this be of concern to me?

Thank you
In your case the test is fine as you didnt have a risk of HIV. Billions of people have cold sores, nothing to be concerned about.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Closed Thread