It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
(male)

DT98 HB User
HIV test negative after 5 months.. Still worried???

I had unprotected sex with a woman I met on a business trip. The incident occurred in late June. I had an HIV test done at a local PP clinic 2 weeks after the incident and it came back negative. I then had another test done this week at a Dr office and again it came back negative. The 2nd test was done 157 days after the incident, just over 22 weeks , little over 5 months.
I was very relieved it came back negative but I just cannot get it out of my head the fear that I do possibly have it.
My doctor said there was really no reason to come back at the 6month mark which is in 3 weeks, but I don't know. Should I go back, if anything for peace of mind.
I guess I'm worried because I had so many symptoms early on.I developed flu like symptoms including fever, cold sweats, swollen glands and sore throat immediately, literally 2-3 days after the incident occurred. I have been told that could of been anxiety due to the fact I had not told my wife about the incident at that point ( please don't judge me) and I had a very difficult time coming to terms with the reality that I caused my wife so much pain by betrayal.
My wife and I's relationship is improving each day and I am doing all I can to earn her trust back. I know it's cliche but this really was a one time thing. My wife and I have been going to counseling for the past 4 months and trying to leave this behind us and move on.
Again I'm just not sure if I have convienced myself I may have HIV or I am still at risk after 5 months. Any info is appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: HIV test negative after 5 months.. Still worried???

Any test taken at 3 months is conclusive. False negatives dont happens buds you certainly are hiv negative. You may still have guilt about what you did but does not give any cause to dought your tests results. Follow the advise from your doctor and forget about this.

"Being defeated is only a temporary condition; giving up is what makes it permanent".

Closed Thread